Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Hi Everyone

I have been very sad today as I was unable to attend Hugglets either as an exhibitor or a customer so was wondering how it went for everyone - was the day a success??

Hugs

lisa  bear_thumb

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Well , I just got home (although I travelled to hugglets via my parents home ;which is 3 hours from me ) and I had a brilliant day !  bear_smile
I managed to meet loads of beary friends , I brought home 2 new little bruins - thanks Maria  bear_thumb  - I got heaps of delicious
fabric , saw some amazing bears , and biggest surprise of all I was given a totally adorable present by lovely Tina of TinyBear  bear_wub  bear_wub Thank you SO much  :hug:  :hug:
I hadn't been to Hugglets for a few years , and the atmosphere is really wonderful  bear_original
It's fantastic to meet so many TTers in person  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Tired , happy hugs , Ruth  bear_flower

teddydouglas Peterborough

I went to Hugglets today and had a wonderful time - it was lovely to see everyone! I adopted a wonderful chap called Fudge by Ellie Bears, although I was sorely tempted by another of hers who looked like Boris Johnson with a mop of hair! My mum bought two gems from Ollie Bears, one of which is the most brilliant grumpy thing. Thank you to everyone for a lovely day xxx

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I've been thinking about you all at Hugglets ALL day today!  I know it will be a little while before we see photos  bear_flower

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

:dance:
thanks, i'm glad you all had a good day. I can't wait for the photos to appear now!

hugs

Lisa

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

It was really good- so good I forgot to take ANY pictures XD Argh! What a fool!

I had a lot of fun chatting to everyone, especially introducing myself bear_tongue  "Hi, I'm Chloe! I talk on Teddy Talk? I make sloths!" Sorry if I missed you, I know I missed a few people but its mostly because they were so busy I didn't get a chance to chat!

I hope all the stall holders had a pleasant and profitable day, and I hope other people were more successful photographers than me!

puca bears puca bears

We JUST got back - almost exactly 24 hours after leaving the show...........and NEXT time - we fly, or take the train - driving thru London, especially if you live on the continent and have got used to driving on the other side, is a b........
nightmare!Totally exhausted, but it was a great day, and so wonderful to get to meet so many friends I only knew via email and TT.............
and RUTH was that you ? Or did you buy from another Maria??????????WHY didn't you say it was you? Or maybe you did and I was in early stages of sensory overload..............
anyway, everyone - rest assured - JANE was doing the rounds with her camera - so just be patient.............
Ho hum........unpacking awaits - don't you just HATE it?
big huggies
Maria

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  Oh sorry Maria ; no , it was Maria Blee actually  bear_happy
Now I'm thinking yours must have been the only stand I didn't stop in front of  :doh: Probably there was a big crowd there ...
I wish I had said Hi !!!!
Good Luck with the yucky unpacking !

Mini Hugs , Ruth  bear_original

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Well, I'm still exhausted after a busy few days! My mum and I took the train to London on Saturday (with all the bears in a big suitcase!!), went to see the Lion King at the theatre and stayed overnight in a hotel over the road from the Town Hall in Kensington (where Hugglets is held). We had a great time at the show, even though it was very quiet compared to all the other Hugglets I've been to (but still MUCH busier than most shows). I only sold 2 bears but at least it gave me the money to pay for the rest of our puppy (who we got yesterday!! Yay!) so I was happy. Both bears also went to brand new collectors which was good. It was great seeing eveyone - it's the chatting I enjoyed most!!  bear_happy

I have put the other bears up on my website (and the bunny will be going on ebay in a few days).

Fingers crossed I get a cancellation place at the Feb Hugglets!

puca bears puca bears

Hi Gemma
glad to hear you got your puppy at last :dance:  :dance: ..............don't forget  - we want lots of pics! Did you decide on the name yet?
Lovely to finally get to meet you, at the show
big huggies
Maria

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website
Ellen Borggreve wrote:

Anyway, the fair was brilliant. I sold out, but that was not so important. I talked to so many really wonderful people (hi Chloe, I did remember you. Has you mum recovered from the bear overload? bear_happy )

Not surprised there Ellen, as there was only one bear left by the time I came up to say hi bear_tongue  That's really good!  And yes, I think my mum recovered slightly- she had a headache the next morning 'from seeing so many ruddy bears' XD  I think she enjoyed it though, and afterwards we went down to Oxford Street to shop (Got myself a nice coat) and met up with some friends of the family for a coffee bear_original  I don't think she ever expected so many bears, especially so many that were hugely different!  At one point we came across a man sewing a little footpad on and she was just gaping at how small the pieces were ("I couldn't even see something that small!" :D) so I think it was an eye opener all 'round! 

Thanks to everyone for making my mum and I feel so welcome  :hug:

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi everyone!!

I can't believe Hugglets is over again for a few months!  So much preparation but then the day just flies by, but well worth it.  Not that I felt that way at the start of the day, somewhat unwell over the weekend and couldn't sit down at all owing to a back problem that started nearly two months ago , so I guess I was feeling a little under the weather, you know how it is, wondering whether bear making was really worth all the hassle!! (moan moan!!!) bear_sad  I think we all have times like that!  Well, a couple of hours later and my outlook on the whole matter had totally turned around!   bear_grin

It was so nice to finally meet up with so many TT-ers and that made it so enjoyable.  I feel bad that I didn't have time to get to see all the people I wanted to, but loved chatting.  There were quite a few TT-ers in Hall 4 with me, Dusty Attic Bears, Pumpkin & Pickle, Doodlebears, Baggley Bears,so we got to have nice little chats now and then.  I did managed to escape "downstairs" at one stage and the place seemed really busy compared to upstairs, I think sometimes people forget there is a little Hall up there, and even when you do go upstairs, the small room isn't really that noticeable.  Had a quick chat with lovely Yvonne from Bebbin Bears earlier in the day, and briefly with Paula but then made sure I went to see Ellen who I was looking forward to meeting.  I met Maria (Puca bears) very briefly before the start of the show (Hi Maria) but was disappointed that I didn't get the chance to have a look at her lovely bears in the fur.  Next time!  Oh, and Ruth (Flutterby) - thanks for coming up Ruth, lovely to chat with you as always.  I know  I have missed out other names, I do apologise.  We eventually returned home and I was totally exhausted and was too tired to even watch the F1 Grand Prix that I was desperately wanting to see!

This was only my second year at Hugglets but it was so nice to have returning customers and catch up on everyone's news.There were so many gorgeous bears around and it all looked really beautiful and although people said they didn't think it was so busy this year, I thought it was still brilliant.  Just loved it and was disappointed when it ended, so roll on September 2009!!  I had a few lovely surprises during the day so now I can say, bear making is fun!!  YAY!

Hugs to all

Marilyn bear_flower

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I had a lovely day exhibiting at Hugglets although it seemed quieter than February.I managed to talk to a few tt'rs but as I was on my own most of the day I didn't get a chance to see everybody.I rushed down to the main halls before the fair opened as I was determined to get my supplies.My husband had the job of keeping the children amused so he took them to Kensington gardens,Holland park and the science museum so they had a lovely day out too.
Laurie :hug:

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

What a great day!..and it was so lovely to meet so many TT'ers...although by the time I had set up..and dashed off to buy supplies..it was nearly opening time. I just had time to have a quick chat with Marilyn, Chloe (Dusty Attic) Jane,and Ellen. It was lovely to meet Maria...who came to say hello, and also Ruth and sister, and Chloe and her Mum...thanks so much girls...it was great to chat to you all!!  bear_flower  Paula and I were next to each other...so lots of chatting there too!!   bear_grin The show was a bit quieter this time..but still had that wonderful atmosphere!

The day seemed to fly by....and we were soon packing up to go home...I feel totally exhausted...but can't wait to do it all over again!!!

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

Board footer