Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

nandesign Posts: 361

InsideStoryANPT1a-08.jpgANPTCover1b-08.jpgHi Everyone...
First of all, let me apologize for not being on here as often as I should be...I do pop in and admire all of the new work...A very talented group of artists!
Just thought I would share...I am the Cover of the Fall 2008 edition of "A Needle Pulling Thread" magazine. This is a beautiful Canadian magazine for all of you who do needle work...she doesn't really specialize in bears...but I know a lot of you do quilting, rug hooking, etc. If you are Canadian and do this type of work, submit your pieces. The photography is wonderful.

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

:clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  :photo:  :dance:   :dance: :clap:  :clap:
Congratulations

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Congratulations. You must be walking on air. :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Congratulations :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: The front cover looks superb bear_thumb

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Great cover, great work!  :dance:
Congratulations!!! :clap:
    Laura

chris009av Real Deal Bears

WoW!!!!! That's great , and it looks wonderfull  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bravo, Nancy . . . your pumpkin/sunflowers are outstanding!  Congratulations on being honored by this neat magazine.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

Congratulations....the cover looks fab  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs
Janice

Thank-you so much everyone...I was very surprised and happy to be chosen...there are many wonderful artists in the issue.
John does beautiful photography on all of the projects...they always get high praise for the photography.

Thank-you again...your comments are very much appreciated.
Hugs, Nancy

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Congrats Nancy!!! I love your pumpkin.

Hugs,

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears
DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  Hurrahhh!!! I hope you're still floating in the Clouds and grinning from ear to ear  :dance:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Nancy,
     What a beautiful cover - congratulations  :dance:   You must have been over the moon, when you saw it.  I love your pumpkin!

hugs,

Brenda

Thank-you so much gals...your kind words mean so much...

Yes, Brenda...I haven't been able to focus too well today...they took me by surprise!
I really am over the moon!

Hugs, Nancy

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Awesome!  What a great piece you created and great exposure!   :clap:

Alison

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations Nancy  bear_thumb that is great to have your wonderful creations of sunflower and pumpkin on the front
cover of this magazine. I am really happy for you.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Lynn Wisconsin

Congratulations to you Nancy, the cover looks fantastic.  I'm glad to see you creating again!!!

Lynn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Congratulations Nancy :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  what a huge honor!  Get that cover framed! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

How fantastic, and what a fabulous cover shot !  I 'll have to look for it at the bookstore.   Congratulations, what a huge thrill  :dance:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Congratulations, Nancy! The cover looks fabulous! (oh, and an article inside too - didn't see that at first!)  I've never heard of the magazine but it sure looks interesting - is it available at a lot of news stands - like Chapters for instance? I'm going into Lethbridge on Friday so will try to look for it.

Thank-you so much Carolyn, Lynn and Judi. You are right, Judi...I should get my covers framed. I will have to do that one day soon.

Thank-you so much Tami and Edie...John takes the most beautiful photos...they always get high praise for their pictures.
Yes, Edie...it is available in Canada at select needle work shops, Michael's and Chapters/Indigo. In the US, it is available at Barnes & Noble, Borders and others + select needle work shops.

Have a great day!
Nancy
PS...I have a bear piece coming out in the Nov/Dec issue of TB&Friends.

Board footer