Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

EMonty2.web.jpgbear_original I just had to share this bit of news . . .

My eldest daughter, Eleanor (28) is getting married in January!! Her fiance, Monty, works in Rochester NY (some physics/optics thing) and is still waiting for his US citizenship to come through, so the ceremony will be held there!
He's a sweetheart. I'm so glad they decided not to wait. Monty took Eleanor to NY City a few weeks ago and proposed to her on his knees in the middle of Times Square . . . surrounded, of course, by armed policemen! He also present her with a huge 1k diamond ring, aka Ringzilla.

I'm thinking bride and groom bears on the wedding cake!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

YAY! So much good news!  I have a 1/2k marquis diamond...  I would love to see the 1k whopper!

Bears on cakes, what a good idea!

Deb Upstate New York

Oh Eileen ~ I'm so jealous.  I love weddings!  Congratulations.  Sounds like you're getting a peach of a son-in-law.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Eileen! So happy for you and your lovely children daughter and ...son! bear_wub bear_grin :hug:

Cute little bears would be just icing on the cake!!! :thumbsup:

Julia

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Congrats to your daughter! My mom is such a bearaholic...she did have bears on her wedding cake when she married my stepdad. It was very cute. Some little wedding bear figurines, and she found a cute little white gazebo. Puts the bears inside and on top of the cake.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

More great news!!! Congratulations to your daughter & son-in-law, Eileen and also to you because a wedding is a whole family event!!!! Bears on the cake would be adorable!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks, All!!

I'm really excited about this wedding, especially since (this time) I don't have to clean up my house first!! I have a feeling that Eleanor will veto the bears, but Monty's teenaged sister collects them. I'm going to enjoy knowing her, I think! I've talked at length over the phone to Monty, but won't actually meet him until Thanksgiving weekend, when we're going to Rochester for dinner. He cooks, he's got a house, he's got a job and a six-figure income, he's very funny and he loves dogs and children. I couldn't be happier!

Kim, I have a plain gold band! Anything with a diamond in it, even a small one, and I'd be knocking the stone out several times a day . . . Hubs and I regularly compare the wear and tear on our gold bands. . . mine's ahead by several dozen scratches. :thumbsup:

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, I just love all this happy news!! Congratulations!!!! How exciting to finally be meeting him!
He sounds like a dream come true!

Rings.... I have a gorgeous rock but have it set in Platinum, band is platinum too..... never again! They scratch so easily and turn very dull. I gave up having it regularly polished a few years ago. Our 5th anniversary is in a few weeks and hubby wants to have my diamond reset into gold and get a gold band. I'm not complaining!!!  :dance:

Eleanor, we can't wait to hear all about your thanksgiving weekend!!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU AND THE HAPPY COUPLE EILEEN  bear_grin  bear_wub bear_grin  bear_wub
                                  Wedding02m1.gif

bear_wub I wish them all the love and luck in the world  bear_wub

Wedding01a2.gif

Penny - filling up with tears and a nice warm feelin  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks, Daphne and Penny!!  :hug:

This wedding racket is a great way to get sons--somebody else has already done the hard work! Along with his other virtues, young Monty can handle my rather high-strung Eleanor . . . she's a soprano, among other things.

Daphne, I think Eleanor's ring is set in platinum . . . she'll just have to live with it!  :cool:

Penny, I know how you feel. I don't know if you ever saw the American Sesame Street over there, but the day Maria and What's-His-Name got married, I bawled myself a puddle. The kids thought I was nuts  :wacko:

I feel so good, as a matter of fact, and following your noble example, Penny, that I started neele-felting a pig! So far I've broken two #36 needles (8 left), drawn blood only 6 or 7 times, and produced a piglike head with one ear.

Why didn't someone tell me how much fun felting is??  :rolleyes:

Eileen

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Eileen that is such exciting news.  You must be so thrilled.  I bet you can hardly wait to meet him !   

I just remembered that I had bears on the top of my wedding  cake and I wasn't even into bears then.  Who would have know 15 years later that I'd be addicted to them !   Funny !  bear_ermm

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh how wonderful....and your beautiful daughter looks so happy and I think her guy has a very good and very kind face....especially his eyes....good eyes....I am so very happy for you.  Did you see the mini wedding bears on the mini forum?

So wonderful....I am insanely jealous!.....I wish the Peta Prince would get married-

will you post pictures?

You better

some of us live vicariously!

:hug:

bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Fabulous news, and what a totally attractive, happy couple they make.  I love weddings.  There's so much promise in the air, and the mood of optimism and gratitude is unlike anywhere else.  Really great stuff. 

Congratulations to all!

PS  How will Monty feel about bearmaking women from all over the world, checking out his photo, evaluating his proposal, and generally discussing his good points, on an internationally-read forum??? bear_happy

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Thanks, Tammy and Dilu and Shelli, you trio of sweethearts!  :hug:

Tammy, it must have been an omen of great things to come. Did you save the bears?

Dilu, I did see the wedding bears Fran made. I'm really, really tempted to try . . .

Shelli, I figure that what Monty and Eleanor don't know won't hurt them.

Monty's family is from Bangladesh, but he was born in Poland--his dad was a diplomat, one of the minor ones forced out after 9/11 as not entirely necessary! His mom and sister are still in Washington because they like it there. Monty's been here for 10 years, studying and working, and his citizenship has been in the hands of his company lawyers, the physics/optics thingy company with head offices in Austin Texas. It's been a very slow process, especially after 9/11. They plan to hire their own NY immigration lawyer to work on the application. Fortunately, Eleanor has American citizenship through me, which might help. I'm just glad they decided not to wait for all the paperwork to go through.

I was really hoping for multicultural in-laws, but they're all rabid NY Yankees fans, hate mid-eastern food (I love it), and can curse Congress with the best of us! I am looking forward to some very beautiful grandchildren, lip zipped, of course.  :whistle:

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Eileen . . . great news and what a lovely couple!!  Am SURE if/when you have grandbabies, they will be gorgeous!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

YEAH ! go for it Eileen - make a happy piggy to celebrate the engagement and get lots of piccies of your trip to the local ER when they repair your fingers ha ha ha

Eileen you have certainly come in to your own on this posting - very funny, very touching and very entertaining, Bravo
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I can't wait to see your piggly-wiggly Eileen - promise that you'll post a piccy of him pleeeze!  :pray:

what a great day for you  :rose:

Penny

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Thanks, Sue Ann! When Eleanor was born, all pink and golden, the nurses didn't ooh and ah, much to our chagrin. All they could talk about was a beautiful Iranian boy delvered that morning, who had the longest, thickest eyelashes they'd ever seen.  bear_angry I'm sure he was beautiful, but . . . I might just have my revenge!

bear_laugh Penny, Penny, thanks for the encouragement, you naughty thing, you! My tetanus shots are up to date, the bleeding has stopped, so I'll be at it again tonight!! I found some good pictures of piggy trotters (afflicted with hoof and mouth disease, alas) but I'm can't figure out how to needlefelt a piggy tail. Any ideas????

Eileen

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Eileen, that's the best news!! Congratulations.

Good luck to Monty and your family that he gets his citizenship. My fingers will be crossed for you all!!

He looks gorgeous, and your daugher looks as happy as can be!
Danni

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Great News congratulations

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_flower Thanks, Fran and Danni!!  :hug:

It makes good times even better to share them with such dear friends!

Eileen

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Good news for sure!!!

You gals are soo funny about the rings!! He he hehehe

I'm not much into jewlery at all,and now after my proposal, my boyfriends knows much more then I do.

1K ring? Man, even with my little one, I am always hurting myself. I can't imagine what it would be like to have one that big.

Congrats,

Heather

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Eileen, 

That is fabulous news and Congratulations to the lovely couple.
I wish them the very best for the future.

Hugs
Carolyn

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Great news, congrats to all.

:clap:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_flower :hug: Thanks Heather, Carolyn and Karen!  :hug:

I feel just as you do, Heather. On my finger, a 1K diamond would become a lethal weapon!  :lol:

Eileen

Deb Upstate New York
Eileen wrote:

I've talked at length over the phone to Monty, but won't actually meet him until Thanksgiving weekend, when we're going to Rochester for dinner.
Eileen

Well?  How was Thanksgiving?   bear_grin

Board footer