Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Fellow Teddy Bear Artist  Art Rogers!
BJD_Retreat_2008_044.jpg
I went to a fantastic Ball Jointed Doll Artists' Retreat this weekend and was pleasantly surprised to find that I was not the only Teddy Bear artist there! It was the first time I had a chance to talk with Art, although I'd seen him in Schaumburg. It was nice to actually meet him, but funny that we did not meet at a Teddy Bear event. Visit my blog if you'd like to read more about the retreat.

busserbears Busser Bears
Elkhart, Indiana

Tammy,
where was this at?  Great photo!!

You just never know who you're going to see...it is a small world after all!

hugs,
Leeann

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Fantastic photo of two wonderful bear artists!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Well what a great picture Tami. I was talking with Art at Hugglets just last month, darn it, I should have gotten a picture too. I did get loads of pictures of his wonderful creations though. Tami I just read your report about the Retreat and saw the pictures and I must say I am very impressed with your dolls head sculp, wow it would take me longer to make a head so good. I'd love to see the doll when he's finished.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, how fun!  I don't know Art at all but his work is so cute, original, and inspiring.  I'll bet the two of you had a great time.  I'm off to check your blog now... !

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Great photo, and you are one cutie patootie!  I clicked hoping to see a doll you made.....bt this was better!! bear_thumb  bear_thumb

dilu

Milford Ohio
doodlebears wrote:

Well what a great picture Tami. I was talking with Art at Hugglets just last month, darn it, I should have gotten a picture too. I did get loads of pictures of his wonderful creations though. Tami I just read your report about the Retreat and saw the pictures and I must say I am very impressed with your dolls head sculp, wow it would take me longer to make a head so good. I'd love to see the doll when he's finished.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Thanks Jane! I do plan to finish a BJD but it may not be that guy. Sculpting a body and joints and making molds is a lot of work--too much work for a head I am not in love with! I'll make  a sweet child BJD to share!

Milford Ohio
busserbears wrote:

Tammy,
where was this at?  Great photo!!

You just never know who you're going to see...it is a small world after all!

hugs,
Leeann

Leann, it was near Cleveland. There were doll artists from all over the world! I'm always surprised when something cool happens in little old OHIO! Last year it was Hildegard Gunzel's workshop.

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Hi Tami, nice to see another bear artist has been bitten by the BJD bug!  I have a few bjds myself (check them out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/catherine- … 234073738/).  I don't think I would ever attempt to sculpt one for myself though - looks too difficult bear_original

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Tami that is just so cool!!!  Glad you had a great time too!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I read  your blog. WOW what wonderful talent!!! and what an interesting read. bear_thumb  Do they make ball jointed animals????

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website
Cayas Creations wrote:

Hi Tami, nice to see another bear artist has been bitten by the BJD bug!  I have a few bjds myself (check them out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/catherine- … 234073738/).  I don't think I would ever attempt to sculpt one for myself though - looks too difficult :)

Catherine, I loved your dolls - I think that little piglet (elf?) is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.  what an adorable creature  :clap:

Milford Ohio
matilda wrote:

I read  your blog. WOW what wonderful talent!!! and what an interesting read. bear_thumb  Do they make ball jointed animals????

Thank you Wendi. Yes! They make cute animal faced dolls--some are a sort of a cross between human and animal and many are very cute. My favorite of these is one which Cathrine has! The cute little piggy Alice (see the link in her post) I attempted to do a child-bear just "doodling" with a lump of clay at the workshop, but I wasn't happy with the hybrid face. It looked much better when I just changed it into a bear!

Cathrine, I LOVE Alice cherry blossom. I even saw a tiny baby pig sculpted by the same artist (I think he's called Rainman.) Too cute! I love all of your dolls but Alice and Hani are my favorites!

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

thanks Kelly & Tami, yes Alice Cherry Blossom is SO cute.  I couldn't resist getting one even though they are hideously expensive.

There are many bjd companies that make animal dolls, one of the main ones is Pipos http://piposland.com/index.php  I just love Curo the bunny  bear_wub   maybe one day.....

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Thanks for the links. I just spent most of the night there. I think I have fallen for a bunny but she's all sold out bear_cry

Board footer