Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Hi,

I know there are quite a few of you who are concerned about the change to featured items under Artist Bears on ebay. Well, after a week (yes, a WHOLE WEEK) of waiting to hear back from ebay, I FINALLY just got a reply just a few minutes ago. This is what they had to say:

Hello Gemma, Thank you for writing to eBay's Customer Support.

My name is ***** and I would be happy to assist you with your question.

First of all I'd like to apologize for the delay in response. We are currently experiencing high email volume during this time but let me assure you that we are doing our best to address messages in the order they are being received.

Having said this, I took the time to review your listing and I realized that you had chosen the Featured First option when you listed the following item on the site: 120316398784

Actually, Featured First gives you a chance (no certainty) to enhance the visibility of your items by appearing as one of the listings on the first page of search results in the Featured Items section.

See the listing upgrade section of the Fees page for more information onthe cost of this listing upgrade.

Each time a user enters search criteria that may result in your listing appearing in the search results, there is a chance that your listing will appear on the first page of search results in the Featured Items section if you purchase Featured First. 

When the user performs this search, a number of Featured First listings will be randomly selected on rotation to appear on the first page of search results in the Featured Items section. This means that your listing may end before it has a chance to be selected to appear.

The listing has already ended. Therefore, it is difficult for me to see where it placed in the search engine.

As for the delays before the item actually appeared, I would like to remind you that your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours, so eBay can't guarantee exact listing durations. Where your listing appears in search and browse results may be based on certain factors including listing format, title,bidding activity, end time, keywords, price and shipping cost, feedback,and detailed seller ratings. This is mentioned on the Sell Your Item form when creating your listing.

I see that you modified the listing after creating it. Revising your listing once it has been submitted will generate a longer time for your item to be searchable because it has to be re-indexed every time you modify the listing.

Having said this, if you need more assistance with this or if you have any other concerns, I suggest that you contact us through Live Help. This is usually a faster and more efficient way to get help with an active listing. You will find Live Help links on our main page, and alsoin other places on the site where members might need assistance such as the selling form and registration form.

I trust that this information has been useful to you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again. I want to thank you for being part of the eBay community and wish you a wonderful day.

Regards, 
***** .eBay Customer Support

I've removed the name of the person who emailed.

These are the bits that I am asolutely astonished at:

Actually, Featured First gives you a chance (no certainty) to enhance the visibility of your items by appearing as one of the listings on the first page of search results in the Featured Items section.

When the user performs this search, a number of Featured First listings will be randomly selected on rotation to appear on the first page of search results in the Featured Items section. This means that your listing may end before it has a chance to be selected to appear.

Can you flippin believe it?????!!! So what EXACTLY did my $20 extra to feature it get me? Absolutely bu**er all from what I can tell, because I looked at the Artist bears maybe 100 times (at least) while my bunny was listed and NOT ONCE did I see it as a featured item! I am SO furious right now that my husband thinks I should demand my money back (yeah right! We all know how ebay loves to take OUR money, but they're not so good at giving it back!). Fair enough if they want to do this with Featured First items now, but NO WAY should they be charging $20 for listing to 'possibly' appear at the top!!

Sorry, I'm not cross THAT often, but right now I am absolutely FUMING!!!!

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Thanks, Gemma, for sharing this with us.

I don't blame you, I'd be fuming too. I totally agree that "Featured First" really appears to be another ebay rip-off...thanks for warning the rest of us. I have not listed on ebay for a little while...and I'd rather not... but I've got bills to pay. So if I do "bite the bullet" and list on ebay again, thanks to your thread I definitely will not waste my $20 on Featured First.

:hug:
Kathy

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I do not ever use that option,  use only Feature Plus,  that puts you at the top of the page you are on, in the featured items section.  It is a better bet for my money.  Sorry this happened to you.  I really think ebay needs to make a better separation of the two, they are too closely named.
Joanne

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I'll comiserate here, I listed a bear and had a buyer again with zero feedback. Of course, they didn't pay didn't respond to emails and the phone number was of course no good. So I filed a non paying bidder complaint at ebay and wrote them several nasty emails complaining about their new no negative feedback crap, this is the fourth non paying bidder since the change over that I have had. Really nice and now my new listing just like yours is not showing up in the featured section til you get to page four. Really great how am I supposed to get any attention if I don't list in the top featured and catch new collectors eyes. This really blows and after all my complaining ebay won't give me my final value fees back or listing fees, It was worth it though to give them a piece of my mind (no laughing here now)
EBAY SUCKS!!!!! I was thrilled to see that ebay is now losing money and Large sellers are starting to leave because of the fixed price minimums.

Take that ebay.

edspencer tEDDIE bears
Wichita, Ks.

I finally (said this a million times) have given up on Ebay.  They've stacked the cards against us little sellers.  I have the Powerseller crud but I am still a small seller.   I think Ebay would really like to do away with the Doll & Bears Category completely, it isn't worth their time when they can have the camera sellers or the like, list 500 auctions at one time.  I am trying to do Private Sealed-Bid Auctions on my website.  I have NO IDEA if this will work but I haven't spent $20 bucks to find out.  Good luck dealing with Ebay! ! !

Board footer