Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

Hello all,
Who would be interested in a bear swap as a group?
I am thinking of organising a bear swap.
My thought is as a group.
A few suggestions:
1/ Bear swap with a partner or receive the person you are sending your bear to and the bear you receive will be a surprise. Either way names will be drawn out of a hat.
2/ Have section of artists eg professional and hobbyist. Or not?
3/ Make it even and have section of 6' and under, 6" to 14", 15" and up. so this keeps the price of the item similar and even.
4/ Must be able to send international as I can't guarantee same country as you.
5/ Have a very strict postage deadline. In 2 months / 3 or even 4 months. But would like feedback on that. And if you CAN NOT guarantee the deadline don't participate as this is only fair to other people.
So if you are interested and have some suggestion please reply to my post.
CHEERS
Peta

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I love to do swaps.... and I like the  size, skill level, etc. categories you've come up with......... some swaps in the past have been less 'controlled' shall we say. bear_happy

It being show season and the holidays right around the corner it's something I wouldn't be able to participate in right now though. Just way too busy and way too many bears to make! A late January or February deadline would be better for a lot of us, I'm sure. Besides... something to look forward to after the holiday let down! :dance:

Just my two cents!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I agree with Daphne. Would love to participate but can't just now. Her January or February date is better for me, or March is that's better for most. When you have more details, I'll be able to know whether or not I can sign up.

Bulli

Excellant Daphne,
I was thinking myself late Feb or even Valentines in feb, Make it a Love bear or something. Even March I don't mind. I know we are all busy thats why I thought I would leave it up to the majority.
Keep it fair. I think sections are good in that respect.

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

I would love to join this swap...Feb or March sounds a good date for me as I am involved in a few shows and commissions at the moment.

Will keep tuned.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I would like to participate if the deadline is february or march, as I will be busy until Christmas with other projects...
I think that it is a good idea to make two or three categories according to the level of the teddy bear makers.
I do hope all will happen smoothly this time... bear_flower
Personnaly I do prefer that I make a bear for the person who makes a bear for me. I like to know whom i make my bear for as it helps me designing the bear. Plus with my swap partner I can decide about details like dressed or undressed, discuss about colours or styles we prefer or dislike etc.
Getting a bear from a person different to the one who makes a bear for me has something frustrating. It does not feel like a real swap.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Bulli

I keep adding info.
Another suggestion I will send a form out when its finalised and on the form it will have what type of bears do you like to collect so i can match you up with someone of interest. A bit like Perfect match dating show LOL.
Even Critters can join in as I personal like critters  bear_thumb

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I would be interested Peta.I don't mind any deadline bear_flower
Laurie :hug:

BearHugger Lichfield, Staffs, England

I would be interested in taking part in this swap  bear_original  a feb/march deadline sounds great to me, as I have 15 bears to make before chirstmas  bear_wacko

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I would love to participate too for a feb/march deadline.  It's been a while!

One thing that would help I think would be if each pair of swappers waits till both bears are done and they ship them out on the same day.  This is what my hubby's diecast model group did and it worked wonderfully.  I had been in a swap before - sent my bear out but never got my swap bear.  I'm sure it was because she forgot.  Waiting and sending them out at the same time will prevent accidental oversights like that.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Great idea, Laura! bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Well I would like to participate in a swap NOW. Since the one I had been in was cancelled.
So this brings TWO questions.....
1: is anyone available for a swap this year?
2: is anyone available for a swap next year?

Waiting and sending them out at the same time will prevent accidental oversights like that.

You are too forgiving Lauralynn. there is now such thing as an accidental oversight that is never remedied. In other words if you are still waiting then the 'oversight' was and is deliberate. I'm sorry it happened to you Lauralynn :hug:  :hug:
Also folks...if you accept a swap and dont recipricate it is THEFT!!!

Even Critters can join in as I personal like critters

Oh well thankyou, bear_grin  I didnt even think I would have been excluded? :doh:  bear_grin
PS: I like to collect miniatures...bears and /or critters

Bulli

* Waiting and sending them out at the same time will prevent accidental oversights like that.*
Great idea Laura.
I will be right on top of those people. In the form I will take phone numbers and they will get a call from me. And being on the other side of the planet you DON"T WANT A CALL FROM ME in the middle of the night. LOL !!!!!!!!!!. I will start writing some things up and over the next 2 weeks will see about more interest. Its great we have a great rang of artists who want to join. I will put a form on here and just copy paste to a email and send to me and then I will begin process. So lets give it 2 weeks for more interest and then get started with arrangement. How exciting. This will be my first. And NO I won't choose who i want to swap with. It will be a draw and sorry now for that person . LOL. But it will be fair and even. And if for any reason there is someone that spoils the broth. I will do something for them as I am organising it.

Bulli
matilda wrote:

Oh well thankyou, bear_grin  I didnt even think I would have been excluded? :doh:  bear_grin
PS: I like to collect miniatures...bears and /or critters

You would never have been excluded. LOL. Wendy you are loved. I just put that in there as I said bear swap at the beginning and thought that people that make critter thought they were not allowed to join BUT EVERYONE is welcome to join in.

Rainebears Rainebears
Wellington, New Zealand

I would love to participate in this swap Peta, the deadline is fine with me.

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

ooohh..this could be fun..is there going to be a theme at all?? or just whatever you want? ive done some fantastic swaps on another group..and some .....not so good ones..so yes..its a good idea to have categories

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Sounds like fun to me! I would love to join in. I too think a Feb/March deadline would be best. 
Beth

Tanni Kn
Wachtendonk

Hallo at all !

If it´s possible, I will participate, but... as you know, I´m living in Germany. I will send my swap to any country of the world, no problem.
So, please let me know, if I can make someone happy with a bear of the Knöpflies.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I would love to participate in another swap, I love doing swaps. Yeah!!

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Can I join in............I need a deadline to work too as the mag is taking so much time my fur is gathring dust!!

Bulli

This is looking like its going to be fun with so much variety of artist. I am excited.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

You would never have been excluded. LOL. Wendy you are loved.

Well aren't you sweet? :dance:  :dance:  :dance: or are you buttering me up? :crackup:

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I just started doing swaps with some others on flickr. It's a lot of fun and I would love to do a bear swap. Feb/March is fine with me.

K Pawz Guest

hmmmmm....I'm intrigued too....let me know when you set a deadline, I should be able to swing Feb/March. International shipping not a problem either.

I love the idea of categories, and also the idea of sending the swaps on the same day.

hugs,
Krista

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_thumb Great idea and something to look forward to so you can count me in Peta! I think the idea of a form sent out would be good and helpful and when ever you do it is fine by me  bear_original  Overseas shipping is not a problem for me - do it all the time just about.

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

Board footer