Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Hi again TT'ers,
Well it another one of those aha moments for me!!
Looking back through the libraries of TT for info on the ornament swap, I came across a pile of info regarding this particular swap and many others...if your interested do a search on "ornament swap", I won't put up all of the links (there are a few), but there are many pearls of wisdom in that lot and I hope that lots of you can join in on the fun and not forget that we enter into this in the spirit of sharing! and that our trees are all the more beautiful because of these little swapped creations.
To once again save time (being so very close to our deadline already) and to save me trying to come up with something not very original, I hope that Tami doesn't mind (because she summed it all up beautifully last year), I've brought out her words for another go. I'll paraphrase and please let me know if I've forgotten anything.

Wow is Christmas coming fast or what?!!!
If you'd like to participate please follow the guidelines and have your info in by Wednesday 5th November, I will hold a random draw of participants to allocate partners in the days that follow, but you can get your ornament started as soon as you decide you are participating so it can be sent in time.  As it is a Teddy Bear Ornament Exchange, perhaps more people could find the time to participate. This will be a COMPLETELY RANDOM swap and part of the fun is that you must keep the name I draw for you a secret! (You will not likely have the same person who has you.) I will draw a name for each participant and send them an email with the name and address of their match.The idea of this swap is to create a Teddy Bear Christmas Tree ornament for your partner. The scale of this project should make it easier for mailing and perhaps quicker to complete this busy time of year.

Follow this link to see some of the lovely ornaments exchanged last year! Some were small Teddy Bear heads embellished in Christmas style and some were felted creations and tiny bears. These are only some examples. Your ornament can be any medium you like to work in. Be creative! (like I have to say that!) The rules are that it must be bear/critter -themed and hand made by you to hang on a tree or similar!

Here is the link to last years tree:
http://teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=20565

Here is how to participate:

1. Send me an email to happylittlesouls@y7mail.com containing your user name, your full name, and your mailing address by November 5, 2008.

2. I will send you a return email with your partner's name and address, once the draw takes place. PLEASE keep it a secret! Everyone loves a nice Christmas surprise! (Remember, the person who's name you have is not necessarily the one who has your name.)

3. Make a lovely Teddy Bear ornament for your partner. Be sure to add a string or cord for hanging it. Wrap it nicely and make a tag revealing yourself to your partner.

4. Ship the ornament so it will arrive by December 24, 2008 for a wonderful Christmas surprise.

5. In good time we will have another tree to display the beautiful creations, so send in a photo to Tammy once you've received your ornament via email to tammy@beckoningbears.com

Merry Christmas!!!

As a sidebar I'm using email instead of PM's as the messages are a little easier to sort out that way.
Also from the lessons learnt last year, to get your ornaments to their destinations on time, you really need to send it by the beginning of December if it has an overseas address, this way recipients also get to enjoy seeing them on the tree for that much longer before Christmas.

Hope you'll be able to join us
Cheers
Melissa

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Sounds great, thanks Melissa for taking this on .  I am willing to do the tree again too, if you would like me to.
Or not ,if you want to do it.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  :dance: WHOOPIE, I can't wait to get started. I love this part of the holidays, thanx for the offer and I will email you.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

WEll this sounds great to me!!

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Thanks for stepping up for us Melissa.   My email is on its way..

Sydney

Thanks Tammy,
I'll take you up on the tree offer, they looked so great last year!
And thanks to all of you who have sent in your info- the list is growing :dance: this should be a very exciting swap.
Cheers
Mel

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

I've sent my email in......also for the card swap! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for taking on both of these swaps. I had fun participating last year and I have sent you my info for this year's swap.

Hugs,

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Thanks Melissa for organising the swap!! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, sent my emai info in.............. bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

wigglesbears Wigglesbears

Would l be aloud to join in? will email you

xxx

Sydney

Hi Julia,
You are more than welcome to join in, as are all of our new members to Teddy Talk-
the most important thing is that you get your name in by the cut off date!!!
The more people that have a go the more exciting it gets as the pictures start rolling in  bear_grin

Cheers
Melissa

Sydney

Update:

Already we have over 20 people participating in the swap, don't forget to email me at the above details if you want to join in on the fun!

:O) Mel

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

O'h this sounds like fun!!!
Count me in...as I missed this last year...

bearsbyTracey BearsbyTracey
Wellington, New Zealand

Hi Melissa
I have sent you my details
Hugs
Tracey

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Ohh I'm in sending info now!

Andrea

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

I wanna play! I wanna play!
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Sydney

Hi TT'ers,
Well it's getting close to the closing date for you to get your name on the list, so if you're thinking about it please make sure you sign up by midnight this Wednesday (5th),
Cheers
Melissa

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

Gosh, i nearly missed this! good thing i went back here in the nick of time... emailing u now....

melissa, thanks for doing this.

Sydney

Hi Everyone,
Well I'm going to close off the list tonight so if you'd like to receive your little package of TT Christmas Spirit this year, get your details (as outlined above) in to get onto the list.
For everyone involved in the swap I'll be drawing the names tomorrow and will let you know your "secret" recipient shortly thereafter  bear_original
Cheers
Melissa

Sydney

Well the deed is done, and I hope that everyone who put their name down has got their recipient's name and details.
If you haven't received an email from me today and had submitted your name, can you please email me straight away to straighten any problems out (much easier now rather than 2 days before Christmas).
Happy ornament making everyone!

Mel

K Pawz Guest

just found the post on this one, just sent you an email Mel, I didn't recieve the email on this one.

hugs,
Krista

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I posted mine off today!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Wendy

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Wow oh Wow, Wendy, you are fast. I better get going.

K Pawz Guest

WoW Wendy! You are super quick!

I just finished mine and will be posting it this week!

hugs,
Krista

Board footer