Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Yey!  Just wanted to share my happy news- I'm going to be spending six weeks in the Summer next year hugging penguins in South Africa bear_laugh  The project involves a lot of rehabilitation work and close contact so I'm really excited- I want to go now!

Only problem is the money, of course bear_tongue  I'm worried that my current plan (making and selling purses, flannels and other relatively cheap fabric-y things) is going to interfere with my bear making... This trip will cost my around £1300 all told bear_sad  Still, once I knew about it I just knew I had to apply!

Does anyone who lives in South Africa know of anything great to do in Cape Town or Table View?  We've been looking up things to occupy our free time to really maximise the experience :)

image_gallery.php?id=175&what=large

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What a great opportunity!  You go girl!  I'm sure you'll the finances will fall into place if you want it enough! :dance:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Lucky you, that would be wonderful  bear_original

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Thanks guys!  You're right Paula, I'm sure it'll work out fine bear_original  I just have to find a balance between bear making and work XD  Money vs. Degree- obviously there's no compromise but still... argh! I need more time!!

I'm really looking forward to it a lot bear_original

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Penquins are so much fun to be around! I wish I could get back to Antarctica and walk among them again......The memories just don't do it any more, I want to be back with them.

Enjoy the time with the penquins......take lots of picutres. I was not allowed to touch the penquins, hope they take to you hugging them!

pandamac

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

How fantastic Chloe.......you lucky, lucky thing  bear_flower  bear_flower

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time  bear_original

Hugs
Janice

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Thanks Janice, me too!  bear_laugh

Ellen, if I don't get to hug a penguin whilst I'm there I will demand a refund bear_tongue  After all, this girl got to!

image_gallery.php?id=199&what=large image_gallery.php?id=192&what=large

puca bears puca bears

Ooooh, Chloe - how fantastic - LUCKY you! I assume this is linked with your Uni studies??????????
I'm so jealous - when I did Geology, the farthest i got was a field trip in N. Ireland - and it was dismally COLD!
My niece  (who I mentioned to you) got to do a six week field study on Vancouver Island last summer........
how times change!
huggies
Maria

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Hi Cloe

Well done and good luck. you will have loads of fun. THere is a big colony in Simons Town. Is that where you are going? Cape Town is beautiful and there is alot you can do there without spending too much. Kirstenbosch gardens is stuning (Botanical garden) and all the wineries. Ok they are espensive, charged about 4 times more for a bottle of water! But worth driving out to see the old houses. Hout Bay and Chapmans Peak make a stunning day out. We even saw a whale and her baby in the bay there. In Observtory in Cape Town there are some really nice clubs, very arty student area, I loved the atmosphere there. PM me if you need any help. Don't guarantee anything, but have spent a fair amount of time in Cape Town and am a South African. Would love you to have a good experience there. Will be going back in 3 weeks time for a month,  and getting really excited.  :dance:  :dance:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That is grand news, Chloe . . . I look forward to seeing photos of your adventure!

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Thanks for all the info, Carolynn!  That'll be a big help- we're going to be staying at a house in Table View, but travelling out to the penguins so I'm not sure where they'll be bear_original

Don't worry Sue Ann and Ellen, you kno how I am for photos!  Hopefully we will be able to use the internet there too, so you should get lots of updates bear_original

Board footer