Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

My beautiful daughter, Erienne, just moved into her first apartment yesterday.  Of course it had it's moments of "near tears" when she had marked herself out until 2:00 p.m. at the salon she works at...they call to tell her she didn't need to come in until 4:00  p.m. because her haircolor & cut rescheduled and then called at 11:30 a.m. when she was knee deep in moving, no shower, etc., to tell her they had booked her a full-set of nails at 1:00 p.m.    She wanted to crawl through the phone and strangle the front desk.  It all worked out...she went in and did her clients nails and her dad & boyfriend moved all her things. 

In the meantime, I went to pick up a "couple things" for her that she needed and ended up with a trunk full.  It was one of those..."oh, she could use this...and this...and that"...and the next thing I knew I had four bags full of stuff from Target.  She got an early birthday present.   :crackup:   I still have a long list of things she needs and then a list of things that I think she should get just because they'll make her place feel more like "home." I haven't seen her new place yet because she moved to the next town over.... bear_cry  and she has to work ALL DAY today until 8:00 p.m. (her feet are going to be killing her) so I'm going over tomorrow to help her out.  I can't wait!!!!

bear_wub

Hugs,
Shantell

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I bet she is really excited and excited to have mom help her! bear_original

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Shantell,
     You are such a good mum!  Erienne will be just fine and with mum buying all the stuff she needs, she'll have money to spare  :crackup:  Don't you feel all grown up now?  Only one more to go.  Have a super weekend, cutie.

hugs,

Brenda

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

:dance: Yay!!  I remember Justin and Brittany's first apartments.  Isn't it fun to be able to help them set up house?!!  Now tell me, is this apartment closer to Portland so you'll be able to visit?  And how about that lunch date?  We're on for sometime in December.....right?!!
bear_original  bear_original

First apartment....how cool is that?!!!  You're such a great mom!   bear_original

Hugs and hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Willamette Valley Oregon

Sorry Aleta dear, it is not closer to Portland BUT if her boyfriend (who I just know she'll marry someday) is accepted into the grad school of his choice this summer, she'll be living in Portland next year.  Won't that be convenient!!!   bear_tongue

YES, on lunch in December, just gotta set a date.   bear_thumb

Brenda...I do not feel grown up now.  I'm still a Toys R Us kid...HA HA HA just different kinds of toys now.   :crackup:   My youngest is planning on leaving the nest early.  He's graduating from high school at semester time which is right after Christmas and starting college Winter term...THIS YEAR (well technically speaking 2009).  I'm really just feeling kind of old.  My 44th birthday is around the corner and I swear my mom JUST turned 44.

Hugs,

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, how exciting!!!!!! I LOVE the 'settling in' part of moving and all the trips to Target and WalMart. It's that "nesting" instinct!

You think you have a list now... wait until you've been there tomorrow! You'll need an SUV!!! :crackup:  Maybe she'd like a cat for her new apartment... you must have one you could spare! Hmm... one way to keep Skippy from having more babies! LOL!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Shantell,
     You're just a baby - I'm 58!  I remember my mum was 58 when our son was born.  I was 23 and the youngest of 4 children.   I thought 58 was ancient and  she would never live to see the kids grow up LOL  Thank goodness she lived to be 81 and saw all of her seven grandchildren reach adulthood.  Fifty-eight sure doesn't seem old to me now  :crackup:

PS  I'll never grow up - I spent the afternoon on the family room floor racing cars wtih  Corson and he won every time!

hugs,

Brenda

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Shantell,
It sounds like Erienne is being well looked after. You are a good mum going out and buying loads of goodies for your daughter. I know just what it's like. When my daughter Eve first left home I bought her many things including a three piece suite. The silly delivery guy delivered it to my house not Eve's, three days early so I ended up with three settees and three huge arm chairs in my lounge, plus all my other furniture. It was a tight squeeze for a while. I know just how sad us mums feel when our chicks leave the nest, but it's something most do, so we have to sit back and except that they move on in life. Just think Shantell, what you can do with all the space you have now, a whole room to fill with bear goodies.  bear_grin  bear_thumb  bear_grin

Hugs, Jane.  :hug:

Willamette Valley Oregon

Thanks girls...

I spent yesterday (Monday) with my daughter and I'm pooped.  Her apartments is in an older complex in a really nice setting.   One of the managers lives just one apartment over and up from her so that's nice for her since she's not into the "partying" scene (not that she doesn't go out with friends  bear_tongue ) especially at home where she likes things to be quiet and homey.  She making it look so cute.   We had fun just picking up a few things...like a TV stand, end tables all of which had to be put together.  Washing dishes, glass, silverware and putting it away...just general organization...she saved it all for me to help her with.   We rehung (her boyfriend helped her but she didn't like it) pictures and hung new shelves, etc.   Just making it homey.

Loads of nesting stuff...fun, fun, fun.

Board footer