Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

Many of you know Wanda Shope when she was making bears and doing bear shows.  You may also know that she is a writer and among other things writes screenplays for movies.  Well her first movie will be aired on ABC on Saturday December 20th at 8:00.  Go to http://abcfamily.go.com and click on Movies where you can scroll down to Christmas in Wonderland and see shots of the movie.  Or you can Google "Christmas in Wonderland" and find it that way.  The DVD will be out shortly after the movie so if you miss it on TV you can still see it. Her screen credit will show her name as Wanda Birdsong Shope.  This is so exciting to have one of our friends move on to a totally new creative process.  Now....if I could only convince her to start making bears again!   :dance:  :clap:

Bear hugs, Susie

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Since we don't do TV at our house, I will have to get the DVD.  Wanda was still doing bear shows when I first started.  I was in awe of her talent as a bear artist.  It will be fun to see what she has come up with in her new endeaver.
Donna

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

I've watched some of the trailers and it looks like it's going to be a cute movie.  Wanda is still writing and I hope she does another one that gets picked to be made into a movie.  Personally I've never known anyone who has ever done anything like that, but considering how her talent was with bear making I shouldn't be shocked at this news!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Susie,
     I remember Wanda's stunning clown bears, when I first started doing the shows in the 90's.  I wondered what she was doing now.  It's fun to see what bear people move on to doing next.  This venture is definitely a good one!

hugs,

Brenda

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

Since I don't do TV either, I will have to get the DVD, something to look forward to.  Congratulations to Wanda Shope on the production of her movie!   :clap:

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

Oh my gosh!!! I spelled CHRISTMAS wrong...  I have an excuse, between getting ready for the show this past weekend in Pleasanton, and getting orders done for bears for Christmas I am a bit stressed.  Not to mention we own our own business and run it out of the house.   I could go on but what's the point, we're all in the same boat.  I found the picture of the cover that Wanda's clown bear was on but this isn't all that she did.  This is an old magazine too...

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

Oops, here is the picture!

WandasCover.JPG

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

How exciting for Wanda! I can only begin to imagine what this has been like for her! I do hope she is over-joyed with how the movie turned out! What a fantastic accomplishment!!! I'll be watching it for sure!!!

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Oh Wow, that movie was filmed at our Mall here in Edmonton! How cool is that, I had no idea Wanda wrote it... I got to see sooo much of it being filmed. They were here for months. It was so funny, the whole mall was decorated for Christmas in the summer.  The movie was only Screened here in Edmonton though, which was a huge bummer.
Hugs,
Melanie

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Thanks for letting us know.  We'll try to remember to turn on the TV that night.  Can you give us a heads up that day for those of us who don't turn the TV on very often. 

Hugs,
Alison

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

I'll try to remember to remind everyone.  I'm really excited about this and now I remember her saying where it was filmed.   How fun!  I hope it gets a lot of press ahead of time so people watch it.   Thanks to you all for writing in on this thread!!  My first one I start and the spelling is wrong...go figure!

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

The movie is on ABC Family Channel, not regular ABC.  It's on at 5:00pm PST and also at 8:00 from what I can tell!!

Board footer