Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I everyone. I posted a bear on 9th December from the UK to the USA (I used international signed for). The last posting day here was the 10th. In your experience will it get there in time for Christmas? My lovely customer is worried as its a Christmas present. I feel awful too. Nothing I can do but.....The tracking says its now in the hands of the US posties.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Wendy and I done a critter swap and I received my puddle from her from Australia within about 5 days and my elephant took 11 days to reach Wendy and I sent it International signed for.You will have to keep your fingers crossed that it will get there in time.It is so frustrating even though you know December is busy for the postal system and everything takes too long too arrive.I noticed in the xmas ornament swap here on tt that people are worrying about their parcels that were sent out over 2 weeks ago.
Laurie :hug:

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

I send my bears for the Bear Paths Online Show on November 18th.
They arrived in US Nov. 20th, and then nothing  - they are still at the post???
I still hope they will turn up some day  bear_original
Normally it takes 1 week from Denmark to US.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Amanda,
     Ask your customer to phone her local post office - it could be sitting there, but everyone is too busy or hasn't been noticed.  Was it registered or just a signature required by the receiver?  A registered parcel has to be signed for at every stop and it can really slow it down.  I had a registered parcel left sitting on a shelf for a week, waiting to be signed in, and it was missed.  Maybe if there is tracking, they can see where it was last scanned for you.  Fingers crossed for your parcel - hope it makes it.

hugs,

Brenda

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Thanks everyone. It was just signed for when delivered, tracked up until it was in the US. With hindsight I wish I'd sent it Airsure, more expensive but you can track it every step of the way. You do feel for the collector, but its in other peoples hands, that makes it more annoying. I hope she understands, she is very good about it all. She checked her PO but they just said ask me for a time scale. Luckily I posted a little extra present for her, must have known I'd have some trouble. bear_rolleyes Still, theres time yet!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Amanda,
     That's right - it could come today or tomorrow.  I posted a bear to a good customer in Paris, France on December 4th and it JUST arrived - I was sooooo relieved.  I thought I had mailed it in plenty of time, but it barely made it.  The bear was a Christmas gift for her husband.  This time of year, I think it's hit or miss.  I really hope it makes it - good luck!

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer