Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Sudey Sudey Babes
Northeast Ohio

mention why we love to make our warm fuzzies :)

The economy is really cause for some seriously down moments, BUT, we will get through it and come out on a better curve of the circle!

In the meantime, let's share our reasons and joys about our lovely *hobby*.
I've written a bit about it in my blog sudeybabes.blogspot.com and will start the ball rolling with an excerpt here...hoping more of you can take a moment and share, too!

"...As the warm fuzzies take shape, the undeniable personality starts to form. Ohhh so cute (laughing at myself!). The creative need flows in my heart again. It's always around in some form. Some more fun than others. But I've transferred the need to create something lovable into a little ball of mohair and polyfil. And it reminded me of my kids."

~Sudey

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

It is a way of expressing love sometimes, to create something soft , sweet, huggable, sometimes I feel like I am having more children. Each little creation develops a personality in my hands, seeming to come to life as it were. Finished and ready for adoption I love the creation as much as the process. Today I found my self hugging a finally finished little bear. Too silly sometimes but they do seem filled with love.

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Having the gift to be able to create something warm, soft, fuzzy and cute is really wonderful.  I am amazed at myself that I can actually design a bear or dog from scratch and bring it to life. And I truly enjoy it!!! Amazing since I never really cared to sew much before this.  Sewing garments or even quilts just isn't the same. I think it is the aww factor and the feeling that I really am creating a little "life" or personality--something that can be loved and hugged that makes the difference. bear_original
When I was a little girl I loved my stuffed animals--WAY more than dolls. Each one had their own individual personality. And now that I can actually create them myself is quite joyful and rewarding.
Beth

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

It really gives me the warm fuzzies!  bear_original It's kinda that puppy in the window thing...know what I mean?
I also love the reaction from collectors, the looks of awe, the smiles, and the heartwarming stories *sigh*
It almost feels like I am bringing a new creature to life... bear_wub

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Creating teddies comforts my soul and gives me inner peace.  It's hard to describe, but I think my fellow teddy makers know just what I mean. 
To create, to be able to create, is a joy beyond words.  This site is a joy beyond words.
We will, as Sudey says, come out on a better curve of the circle!
   :hug:

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

I've been somewhat of a "closed" person much of my life. I think when I discovered teddy bears, my heart opened.  bear_wub  bear_wub Vicki

Board footer