Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

puca bears puca bears

Hearing dreadful news from Oz - terrible bushfires and fatalities with the 47C temperatures...............
I HOPE all our Aussie friends are SAFE - it must be quite terrifying.
Thinking of you all
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, I saw that on the internet news - so awful!  Please stay safe, Aussie TTers.

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

We heard and saw about it on TV - we will all be near you in our prayers - may all those bush fires and high temperatures pass and don't make too much damages to all of you friends in Australia

We are thinking at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also here in Austria - hugs to all of you
bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

We're OK here in Tas, it sounds terrible in Victoria, though. What riles me is, there are idiots out there who wait for these conditions, and then go out and deliberately put lives and property in danger by lighting fires!  bear_angry  bear_angry May they all rot in Hell!

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Yeah I'm with you on that one Linda.

We have 40 fires blazing around NSW at the moment - they caught someone yesterday who it's claimed started one of the fires on the NSW Central Coast which was threatening homes.

The fires in Vic are horrendous though - I'm watching out for my cousin who lives at Mount Macedon - I hope the weather turns around soon and there's some sort of relief for the homeowners and the brave firefighters.

Bring on the rain!

Marg  bear_original

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

What riles me is, there are idiots out there who wait for these conditions, and then go out and deliberately put lives and property in danger by lighting fires! May they all rot in Hell!

Too right Linda! Mix a week of over 40 degree days and then a "never ending parade of stupid" (Miss Maybelle)  :doh:  :doh:
The deaths last night could have been avoided, they believe this morning that 24 people who are confirmed as dead where killed by a fire probably started by someone throwing a lit cigarette out their car window  bear_angry
So not only do those poor guys and girls down their risking their lives trying to put out this mess have to worry about malicious wackos, they have to now think about morons too!
I hope they catch the buggers and use them for practice fire drills!!!
This may seem extreme to some, but we haven't seen the likes of this since Ash Wednesday, I hope all of you Victorians are doing OK - the last thing you are probably worrying about is TT, but we are all thinking of you today!

Mel

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I am hoping that everyone is safe from the bush fires.

We badly need rain over here also ~ I am sitting at the computer and it is just sweltering hot.
It is hard to get excited about doing anything.
Our water tank was nearly empty so we had to get a load of water and the poor garden is crying out for some rain.
I went out last night with the watering can but it is never as good as the rain from the sky.

Stafe safe.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Oh, how horrible!
I am so very much wishing all our TT friends in Australia are safe and the fires stay clear of them.
My prayers are with you all.
The weather is definitely out of whack, 'round the world.  It's scary.
   :hug: :hug:

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

I'm ok where I am even though we are surrounded with forest - smelt smoke last night but couldn't see any glow in the dark but had a restless night worrying. The heat and the fires are horrendous and I not only feel for the people but also the wildlife as well. I'm with Linda and Mel about the morons - name and shame them and then use them for target practice!  bear_angry
Anyway, keep safe everyone.

Hugs Lyn  :hug:

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

How horrendous that people are setting fires on purpose!  I pray everyone is safe from these terrible fires. It really would be scary and worrisome! Hopefully there will be relief from the intense heat very soon!
Beth

Densteds Densteds
Website

I just heard on the news that 300,000 acres have been burnt, 100's of homes gone and so far 35 killed, although they estimate many more, some in their cars trying to escape...one man said the fire travelled 30kms in less than an hour, and to think that some mindless morons have caused this, not only the tragic death of ordinary men women & children but thousands of animals, another poor man died trying to save his cattle, just makes me sad and sick to my stomach, I cried when I woke up this morning and heard the news, it happened in the night, a wind change and all these little towns burnt to the ground...there was no hope, they weren't expecting it and their own rural fire fighters were elsewhere helping others while their own homes burned..how do people ever recover from such devastation..

I live on 30 acres in a rural township & we experienced the terror of bushfires on Christmas day in 2001, we were surrounded by it, the sky was red and the air so thick you could hardly breathe, it was like you imagine hell would be, it went on for days, we lost all electricity so all our Christmas food was lost and it ws the saddest Christmas I've ever had....thank God miraculously our little valley survived but so many lost their homes...no one can imagine how frightening these firestorms are, they are storms with unimaginable power, if you can imagine it raining fire with winds so fierce and strong you can bearly stand...the fires cause their own weather changes by the sheer heat and force..it's horrific, the firefighters have no hope of stopping it........and the animals, my God, I can't bear to think of it..all those poor little bush creatures have no hope...it just breaks my heart. Please pray for rain for us.

Here is a link take a look at some of the pictures it will give you some idea of the devastation.

http://www.news.com.au/gallery/0,23607, … -1,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/gallery/0,23607, … 0,00.html#

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

OMG I just went on news.com.au and saw the fires. I didn't realise how bad it actually was. Its a repeat of Ash Wednesday. My heart pours out to all of you in and near the fires. What can we do?  A town has been wiped off. and other towns are being affected. I want to help in some way. I don't have any money but I do have allot of house hold items in my garage that i would love to give. I hope the goverment stands up and helps, may be the $950 that everyone was getting maybe the goverment should pass it onto those affected. I don't want that money from the goverment knowing all these people have lost their homes and have nothing. I am so grateful of my life and my home and that I am safe. Who needs that money when others are suffering and need it now more than anything.

Bulli

Just come on the news

PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd has announced a $10 million emergency relief fund for the victims of Victoria's bushfires which have claimed 35 lives.
Centrelink payments are available immediately for anyone needing assistance, Mr Rudd said

Densteds Densteds
Website

and so he should, the government is always handing out millions in foreign aid, about time some of our own got it...

thanks for letting us know Peta....

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

The awful destruction reminds me of photos last year of Hurricane Ike and the path of some tornados around the area.  Hope the fire can be contained soon.  Be safe, Aussies.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I can not understand what would make a person deliberately set a fire, especially in the dangerous weather conditions that you have in  Australia!  I don't care what reason they have, they should be punished so harshly that others would not dare to do the same.  They should be publicly humiliated, serve a manditory 25 years in prison and then have to spend the rest of their lives working to compensate victims for the damage they did.  People and animals are defenseless and there is no excuse!!!

Please stay safe and out of harms way, everyone and I hope you get some relief soon.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

hugs,

Brenda

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

It's all so tragic, all I know is what I've read on here, haven't had time to catch the news. Don't really know if I want to hear the whole extent of it either. I always expect that it's bored kids who light these fires but it just isn't so, the guy they caught yesterday was in his thirties! I think basically any adult who does such things are definitely mentally deficient, and anyone who throws a lit cigarette butt from their car window in such weather conditions needs their head read.

Bulli

SAD Now 66 lives lost and 700 homes gone. I think the goverment should up the 10 million. 10 Mil is not very much to go around when you think 700 homes gone. towns gone. businesses gone. And it could even be more because the fire is still going. Lets all send good thoughts there way. I was in cyclone tracey Xmas  1974, It brings back alot of memories. We rebuilt our lives from the red cross and the salvos. Everything we owned for years was given to us. Its just dreadful. I really feel for them. I want to help.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I hope and pray all these dreadful fires will soon either soon burn out or be put out by your very brave fire fighters, they all deserve medals. Seeing the pictures of the fires is heart breaking, although I don't know any of the poor souls caught up in any of this it still bought tears. Keep safe everyone, if your property is at risk leave, your life can't be replaced but a house can.

Hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

So dreadful - I hope you get some rain soon.  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

108 lives lost now.  I have a very close friend who is with the bushfires council in rural Bendigo one of the areas that has been hit badly and so far I haven't been able to get in touch with her.  I just pray that her and her husband are ok.  they have said that if they catch the people who started some of these fires they will be charged with murder.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

So they should be. These people have to be held responsible for their thoughtless actions! The news gets worse and worse, it's just so, so awful! Please, please stay safe everyone our thoughts are with you all!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I hope that the fires can be extinguished and they can have some of the rain that Queensland is getting.

So many lives lost and I really hope and pray that everyone can be safe and away from the danger.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

The fire that is burning up on Peats Ridge on the Central Coast where I live has not taken any lives or property so far but has burnt out 300HA of bush this morning the temps have dropped significantly thank goodness and we hope that the wind doesn't change and turn it around. I only have the highest admiration for the firefighters who risk their lives everytime there is a fire my heart breaks for the Victorians I have had to turn off the news breaks it is all so hard to comprehend and they are saying not to let our children watch it either. The local farmers have helped as well by using their heavy equipment to build fire breaks to try and save their livelyhoods. Keep your fingers crossed everyone.

Raewyn

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

130 people dead so far as more bodies are uncovered.  This is just so devastating for us all here.  Where I live we had thick smoke on Saturday night and last night the sky was blood red - so scary.  Luckily the fires weren't so close to me and I personally don't know anyone who has been hurt, but the fires are still raging.  I have family in Bendigo and Warburton who could still be in danger.  Pray for all of us down here, it's the worst disaster I have known .... bear_cry  bear_cry

Board footer