Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

ticketposterlogo.jpgHi everyone,

I just want to let you all know my new studio gallery will be opening soon. We will have art sculpted figurative dolls, artist bears and an assortment of marionette characters which will included humans, bears and other creations.

My Studio Gallery & Marionette Theater will be putting on performances for the local community at the Reed Opera House. We are very excited about this new venture. I say we because, I can not take all the credit for all the work when I have a wonderful group of people at the Reed Opera House and a local theater performance group that will be working with me to create all this fun!

We will also be featured in a few magazines and I hear our local broadcasting station is coming by.  bear_original

This has been a very busy venture for me with all the creations to make and studio step up, but it has been a wonderful experience and I am looking forward to the performances and all the activities that I have planned.

Thank you to everyone who has sent me messages and all your kind words. I am very touched and appreciative to each and everyone of you.  You know who you are.  bear_original  :hug:  bear_original

I will be posting information, videos and hope you come by and join in on the fun!
Exciting and fun times I hope to share with you all.

Cheers
kassie

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Wishing you every success Kassie, but knowing your wonderfull work I am sure it will be marvoulous!!!!!!!
:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

puca bears puca bears

this is SO exciting , Kassie................I'm sure it's going to be a huge success, and I look forward to hearing more news!
Lotsa luck, my friend
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

Wow how exciteing
I wish you all the very best

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

How exciting! I love your work and look forward to seeing your gallery.
bear_thumb
Kathy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kassie, I hope the studio is a huge success . . . much good luck!!!

Oregon

Hey Christine hon, nice to see you!  :hug:  :hug: Thank you.  bear_original I am having a great time getting ready.

Hi Maria, thank you dear friend.  :hug:  :hug: I will keep ya posted.  bear_original

Hi Peta, Thank you so much.  bear_original

Hi Kathy, nice to see you. Thank you.  bear_original I will keep u posted.

Hi Sue Ann, thank you so much. You are a good friend.  :hug:  :hug:

I am working on a full sculpted man right now. He is going to be my doorman. It is my first full sized human sculpture so it has been a hoot! I am looking forward to getting him done. He will be wearing a doorman suit and top hat. He will stand about 5' 11 or so. He will also of course be a possible marionette.  bear_original

I will post pictures when he is done.

Cheers and hugs
kassie

Oregon

Here is a peek at the doorman sculpture as requested. I don't usually post my sculpts on TT, but so many asked. He is far from done, a lot more to do, but these will give you an idea.

Thank you everyone for your kind words of support in your emails - I really appreciate it.  :hug:  :hug:

ok here he is. The pictures are little darker becuase I can see the process better to make sure all is coming along. The darker photos helps me to see the details and assists me in perspective when I am working. These shots are just side angle shots with slight differences in angle.

Oh I should explain. The darker clay ( were tape is ) you see under the brighter clay is a hand made armature.
That armature has been baked once and the lighter clay has not been baked. I had to build that armature in two pieces and then join it together and stuff it. So the armature looks a little ruff.  :redface:

The head sculpture is life size male and will be on average about 5' 10" or so tall. This sculpture is going to be my doorman for my studio gallery. He will be an older gentlemen so much more work to do on his face. Well, I think that is about it for now.

take care everyone
cheers
kassie

doorman2a2.jpg

doorman6a.jpg

doorman4a.jpg

doorman7a.jpg

puca bears puca bears

WOW :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Kassie - he's amazing! OK he looks a bit like he belongs in Star Trek right now, but I can't wait till he gets a bit of hair here and there! Yet again, I find it a bit sad that we are all so far-flung - I'd love to come and sit (very quietly) and watch you work.
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Oregon

hi Maria hon,.... too funny  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

he looks a bit like he belongs in Star Trek right now

what a hoot! I am so busy visualizing start to finish when I work I don't even see stuff like that. That is too funny!  At this stage it is kinda like a new born mouse - all pink - no hair and only a mother can love.  :crackup:
Thank you for the compliment sweetie.

I would love it if you could watch.

(very quietly)

You are so sweet. I have had many ask me to do a WIP video, but I have just not had the time. Maybe this year. Most ask to learn about the "old man" wrinkles, and how are they done.

I know what you mean about being so far away from each other.  bear_sad But, if not for the internet we would not have even had the opportunity to have met and become friends! I am grateful for that.  bear_original  :hug:

I will be posting updates as he comes along, so be sure to watch.

Big hugs  bear_flower
kassie

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

:clap: Kassie, that is amazing! I can hardly wait to see him finished! I love the happy face, he looks pleasant!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wishing you much luck with your new Studio Kassie - look forward to seeing your Doorman sculpture
- he is looking good.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

Kassie - you are SO right - where would we be without the internet?
I love keeping in touch so easily with friends all across the world - even if, at times, I get rather jealous..........
my friend Bec sent me some pics yesterday of one of her Bordeaux dogs happily cooling off in their swimming pool - SIGH - we've still got tons of snow outside.......... bear_sad
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Kassie...how exciting!  :dance: the sculpture is amazing work  :clap: very good luck with everything  bear_thumb

Oregon

Thank you ladies for your kind complements.  bear_original

Hi Maria hon. Meant every word dear friend.  bear_original  :hug:

Well here is a update on the doorman. I did not post WIP pictures becuase he came along so quickly that I thought I would wait until his head was completed.

I will be putting him together before the weekend is over. I have a TV interview Monday so I have decided to take him along with some of my other work. He will be in a doorman suit, complete with tails, gloves and his awesome top hat - my hubby made. (that is the one in the pictures)
I will post a full body picture hopeful before Monday.

Enjoy and thank you all for you support. I really do appreciate it.  bear_original  :hug:  bear_original

kassie

doormanwithhat7-2b.jpg

doormanwithhat7-3a.jpg

doormanwithhat7-4a.jpg

doormanwithhat7-5a.jpg

doormanwithhat7-6a.jpg

doormanwithhatdone2-7a.jpg

doormanwithhatdone2-2.jpg

here is a link for bigger pictures for a more detailed look. the files are big, so unless you have fast internet,
I would not advise it.
just click on the pictures to select and then click the selected picture again to see the details in the bigger ones.
Enjoy!

http://thefairysociety.ning.com/photo/a … -mannequin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Very, very spectacular, Kassie . . . and when the head is attached to his body - oh, WOW!!!!!!  Your talent is mind-boggling, my friend.

Oregon

Hi Sue Ann, Thank you so much. I am blushing a little here. But only in delight that you like him.  bear_original

Thank you dear friend.  :hug:  :hug:

I have added a link for bigger pictures - for a better look if you want to see.

kassie

puca bears puca bears

Kassie - he is just wonderful! Apart from anything else, he has such KIND eyes - and I love the distinguished grey touches to his hair. He is going to be SO real - you better give him extra strong shins, cos people will be kicking them when he doesn't talk back to them! :crackup:  :crackup:
big huggies
Maria

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Fantastic work!!!!!  He looks so kind and so real.  Good luck on your interview Monday.

Oregon

Hi ya Maria  bear_original , thank you hon.  bear_original

you better give him extra strong shins, cos people will be kicking them when he doesn't talk back to them! crackup  crackup

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
That would be a hoot!!!! Biggest hugs back girlfriend  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hi Eva, thank you so much. I am glad you like him. And thank you for the well wishes on the interview. I will need it.
I am rather interview shy, so it will be a big step for me.  bear_original

kassie

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

how exciting!  good luck with your new venture!  :clap:  :dance:

Oregon

Hi Chrissie, thank you so much!  bear_original So far it has been a blast.

Oregon

Hi everyone,

Well we had the TV interview yesterday and it was amazing. I was very nervous at first, but the people doing the interview were wonderful in helping me to relax. It is kinda funny. When you talk to people it is very natural, but when you know you are being recorded one becomes very self conscious. I had no idea what to do with my hands. LOL Now I know why professional speakers have paper or pens or something in their hands or talk behind a podium. Also, I could not remember if I smiled at all.  bear_grin CCTV did the interview and I am told it will be a couple of weeks before it is out. I will post when I hear - were and when.
Also, I had my doorman there and he was a big hit. I was so pleased to see all the fun reactions to him. What a hoot! We all had so much fun with him.  These are not the greatest pictures, but they give you an idea of what he looks like in his suit. I still have more work to do to finish him off , his suit is not done yet and his hands have yet to be done, and a few other adjustments on the body fill. But here is a look. He stands about 5' 10", he is armatured with a handmade soft body. He is possable. He can even bow. Enjoy!

doormansuited-9a.jpg

doormansuited7.jpg

doormansuited-5.jpg

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

WOW! WOW! WOW!  Are you ever talented!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Mr. Doorman is quite a handsome guy, Kassie . . . you've done terrific work!  I'm sure you were a huge hit on the interview.  Now, the very best of luck on the success of your gallery!

Board footer