Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

Hello All.
I bought some of this fur to try. I love it. No stretch. Its wonderful to work with. I only know of one person that sells it. I am wondering where everyone else gets theirs from?, that use it. I am interested in buying some more.
If you haven't tried do so, its a gorgeous dense so soft, and easy to sew with.
Look forward hearing of some suppilers
Cheers
peta

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Peta,
I've been looking for this fur for 3 years now, it's my favorite fur for my cats. It's almost impossible to find. First my suppliers told me that the company was out of business; that's not true. I have heard that a supplier has to buy a 20 yard roll, minimum. I have been tempted to buy a whole roll, but it's very expensive and I'm not sure I want to store twenty yards of one fur. Hopefully, a supplier will spring for a roll? In the meantime do you need 10 yards ;-> I'd split a roll.
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Bulli

Hey Karen
I would be interested, Depending on Price. I looked at the makers website, And was thinking of enquiring to import it myself to Australia. But I didn't go further as yet.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I wouldn't mind having a bash with it, just curious to see what it's like to work with. When I started out making bears in the time before we had any suppliers, I used alot of fake fur coats from charity stores. The fur in them was generally of very high quality, just had to avoid any worn patches.
Peta, you might try asking Fred Bartfeld in Melbourne, that's if he's still in business  bear_original

Bulli

Thanks Linda
It very high quality. It is a woven backing. It has those guard hairs too. It would be great for realistic bears. Maybe we could all do a order and split it up.

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Doesn't Sassy Fabrics sell some of this?  I buy a short pile Belgian faux fur from her with a woven back, and it is wonderful!!  There is also a French manufacturer of top quality fur, called Tissavel -  if you google that you should come up with some suppliers.

Christine

Bulli

Thanks Christine. I will have a look. I did buy my last piece from sassys ( I just love sassys furs, but with the Aus dollar at the moment its getting expensive). Well all my fabric except mohair is from sassy. I love to shop around and see what others may have as well. Eg colour, pile length etc.

K Pawz Guest

I love this fur as well!! It is the only synthetic i use!!

I get mine from steph at Sassy Bears!!

Hey Karen depending on what type you are looking for, I like the shorter ones(less than an inch)and white, depending on price may chip in to buy a roll...you never know it there are enough people interested it may be possible!

Hugs
Krista

Tanni Kn
Wachtendonk

Peta, can you show me a pic of the fur and do you have the name of the shop in Belgium ?
Maybe I can find out some more information...

K Pawz Guest

The brand is called Tyber, sorry don't have a pic but if you check out sassy bears and fabrics on her imported synthetcs page you will see all kinds... It has a backing very similar to mohair

Hugs
Krista

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Krista,
I have spoken with Stephanie at Sassy fur. She does have some of the shorter fur, I use that for my kittens, but I need fur that is at least 1 inch for my Maine Coons and other long hair cats since I get a lot of orders for these. (Whew! what a long sentence.)
Karen
P.S. THought I'd try alpaca for my kittens? Nope, looks harsh and patchy when I sculpture the fur. I guess it's because I shave so close on the face?

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Hey Peta,
You're in luck, I have this fabric (because I LOVE it), you'll be able to see alot of the varieties of lengths at Sydney! It was going to be a surprise but there you go, I don't need everyone bringing it, I've just spent a bomb!!!
I brought over a heap last year and it got snapped up in two shows, so I've expanded the variety so that there is something different to suit everyone.
For those overseas, it will be on my site after the show- I'll let you know then.

Cheers
Mel

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Ooooooh goody goody Mel!
Have you got a nice one for polars? What colours have you got?
Linda

Bulli

WELL DONE MEL. I better start saving my pennies. I thought it would be the type of fur that would get snapped up. I was thinkng of importing myself as well. Cos I have 2 shows here in Adelaide and I really believe to would be a favourite. I will have a chat with you at the show. Maybe we could import it together or something. Any way thanks heaps

teeeej Brisbane

Ohh! Good thing I am going to the show this year! I will have to stop by. bear_smile

Bulli
teeeej wrote:

Ohh! Good thing I am going to the show this year! I will have to stop by. :teddybear:

See you there. come and say hi

Tanni Kn
Wachtendonk

On the website of Tyber are named two agents, which are located both 15 km far away from me.
I have contacted them by mail and let you know, when I get information.

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Hi Peta,
I will PM you some details- I'll just say I've been working on it for 11 months now :O)
BTW: Plenty of colours and lengths to choose from (absolutely polar included!!)....you know me though, I line up all my ducks before I go off half *$#@)*$!!!
Cheers
Mel

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website
Tanni wrote:

On the website of Tyber are named two agents, which are located both 15 km far away from me.
I have contacted them by mail and let you know, when I get information.

Oooh goody!  Let us know how you get on, Tanni... I could always nip over on the Eurostar! bear_thumb
Hugs,
Christine

teeeej Brisbane

I will remember to drop by and see you Peta. bear_grin

--------
Therese

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Look forward to seeing this on your site.  can't make it to Sydney though.

Board footer