Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

I am so sorry to hear your little La La was taken. I know how it hurts to have your artwork stolen. Ive had artwork stolen from me at shows and craft malls when I used to sell at them (not teddy bear shows--haven't really done that yet). But it feels much more personal and hurtful when it is something we have made and put our heart and soul into creating.
Beth

Kessy Kesseys Bears
North Wales

Thank you everyone you have cheered me up! I did not realise it happens so often there are some sad people in the world at least we all have each other to share our bear worlds with hugs sue xxx bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Sue, how upsetting for you. The person who walked away with you little mouse was sooo, so wrong to have done so. They must really have liked her, but that's no reason for them to steal her from you. Big hugs to you Sue.

Hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awwww Sue, so sorry that happened to you, it's absolutely disgusting for anybody to do that.  Hope he gets back to you  :hug:  :hug:

Pauline

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Its just horrible that some people think others property is theirs!  I hope someone comes forward.  I hope you reported it to the show promoter.  When I was at a show they warned us about people taking bears so I put all of my bears back on my table but I think if they really wanted to steal one they would find a way.

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

bear_wub love the mouse..so adorable..what a great face..so sorry he was stolen..theres rotton eggs everywhere these days..even at bear shows sadly..some people are just out for what they can get and bugger to everyone else..such a shame
Kerrilyn

Kessy Kesseys Bears
North Wales

Thank you all its lovely to know you are all there cheering me on it means so much big hugs Suexxx bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

That's terrible!  Here's another  :hug: for you!  I've had that happen with other artwork at a show and I know that sickening feeling you get when you realize what's happened.  The good thing is that it goes away - you are such a kind person, this won't get you down for long!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Us Bears Pennsylvania
Bubble-Up Bears wrote:

Yes you should Sue! And call the FBI!

Federal Bear Investigators?

:dance:  :crackup:  bear_grin  bear_tongue  bear_rolleyes

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Awww Sue I feel for you  bear_sad  what a sad end to a good day....poor little mouse  bear_cry

Kessy Kesseys Bears
North Wales

Thank you Melisa your words are so kind Randy he is now on website main page thank you for his wanted picture Yes wwe had a great day Lynne till he went missing but I am not letting it get me down think will have to set mouse traps at next fair!!! Hugs Sue xxx bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I don't know how people could do such a thing-especially with how long it takes to make a creation and all the hard work that goes into it Susan :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Laurie :hug:

puca bears puca bears

Hi Sue - I am so sorry that your lovely little mouse was nicked. It's always a shock that mean nasty people can pop up in our lovely bear world.......but it happens.
One of the worst I came across was a few years back at the Teddybar Total, here in Germany....... an exhibitor had her purse, with all her takings stolen - seems it was a couple working in tandem - one distracted her and the other took the purse - how horrible is that? It's sad, but we just have to be vigilant.
huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:

Kessy Kesseys Bears
North Wales

Thanks Laurie & Maria yes I think the worst thing is like you say Laurie all the love and hard work that goes into a creation each one has its own mark think you are right also Maria they work in tandem well next fair they wont get me! big hugs Sue bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Sue, 
     I'm so sorry your darling mouse was stolen :hug:!  It's such a shock when it happens.  I did craft shows for 25 years before turning to bears, and we had to be very vigilant - it was amazing what people could manage to steal, if they set their mind to it and they do often work in tandem. 
   When I started doing bear shows, I found it was worse watching all my bears as they were only two or three inches tall, so I displayed each one separately on decorative tins of different heights, spread out on the table.  We could tell immediately if someone had picked one up and one of us would watch carefully - having a helper is so much easier, but I know that's not always possible.   
     Fortunately, your creative spirit will help you move one and continue making your sweet teddies and mice.  Take care  :hug:

hugs,

Brenda

Kessy Kesseys Bears
North Wales

Thank you Brenda for your lovely words and advice it is a good idea I will display my creations differently now  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  hugs Sue x

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Anybody who wants to put that wanted poster on their site has my permission to do so.   :thumbsup:

Lets out out an APB...   "All Paws Bulliten!"   bear_grin

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Us bears,,, you read my mind. What about a group on Facebook. Sounds very glib, but perhaps it will make people realize that this just is not on. And that by taking the mouse not only did they hurt Sue but a whole community. May not get La La back. But may prevent this happening again. Or am I just being OTT?

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Either a Facebook group or a Yahoo group.

Regardless of the locale, a "Lost Bears" group would be a good thing to have on the net, in general.
There really aren't very many websites where people can post "Missing Bear" notices.

We have three Bears in our Den who are orphaned.
One was found in Steadman's Corner's, N.Y.  His name is "Steadman."  If his owner ever comes back, we would like to find his original name.  But it's been more than 15 years since Melanie picked him up off the side of the road.
The second was found on the side of the road, a few miles from here.  Across the street from an elementary school.  We postered the area but no luck.
The third actually found his way to our doorstep!  He must have known this house would be safe refuge!  :D

As much as we love having them with us, it would be nice if we could reunite these Bears with their first humans.

It would be great if there was some kind of website to help.

White Forest White Forest Bears
Southern California

I'm so sorry about your mouse.  I hope somehow, someway this mystery gets solved.  That's horrible.  bear_angry

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Oh dear...you must be heartsick. I know I feel for my critters the way I feel for my pets. ODD maybe but thats the way it is for me. So if this happened to me? I know I would be devastated.
Maybe it was unpremeditated. A spur of the moment by someone who loved LALA so much they just couldnt be parted from her. I'm sure they feel very bad and are full of guilt.  bear_cry
Dont seek revenge bear_angry ....but nurture an environment where by LALA can make a safe return.....no questions asked, no recriminations.  :hug:
I'm trying to do the right thing here. Usually my first instinct would be to chase after the @#$%holes with a ruddy great carving knife, screaming "gimme back that @#$%^$#ing mouse!!!!  :crackup:
But that is really not the way to go. :doh:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Amongst the best of us, someone is up to no good.
(maybe a cat caught him?) sorry could not resist that.

Lynette

Board footer