Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Everyone
I am interested in hearing from any members who have signed on to this site. How helpful have you found it to be with regard to selling your product? Any and all comments welcome.
Thanks
Gail

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

I am an Art Fire member even though I really don't have anything to post. I posted a general page about my heirloom teddy service. The price is right...free. It is a good place to network with other indie artists. And Art Fire does advertise. I have a crafts magazine where their ad was the entire back page. I like that. Art Fire is just another place to be seen. It's free.
bear_thumb
Kathy

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Gail, I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but I did sign up.  I haven't listed anything as yet.  I just thought it would be a good place to list some of my other art.

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Hi Gail,

Kathy,  Gee, how did you get a free ArtFire shop?  My ArtFire shop was $7.00 a month.  It doesn't cost to put items in the shop and they don't charge final sales fees, but they did take the shop fee from my credit card every month.  They are planning to go to $20.00 a month at some point.  It wasn't worth it for me as I didn't have enough pieces for two shops and get more views on Etsy. 

Hugs,

Ellen

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I have signup, usually don't have anything listed for sale though  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  LOL

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Actually, I also opted for the $7 a month membership because I wanted to be a more active member and I thought that it would be a good place to network. I thought that the "paid membership" offered a little more but I can't remember exactly what because I have not had the time to spend time with all that they offer. But when I signed up I do remember that I had the option to list for free (which is what they advertise) or to become a paying member .... as you said, at lower price than they claim it will be in the future.

I actually made an "accidental" sale through my Art Fire page which is really just an advertisement. One of my enthusiastic collectors saw my Art Fire page and without reading it just hit the Pay Now button and sent me money. We both got a laugh out of that and I sent her the bear that I had just finished making, so we were both happy. There is also a teddy bear group on Art Fire that you can join.

Art Fire is just another place to be seen...something we all need to do.
bear_thumb
Kathy

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I signed up for $7 a month, too, with no listing fee. I haven't had much time to do much with the site either, but thought it would be a good place to use. The Etsy bear group had many sign-ups and good things to say about ArtFire. They offered 5,000 memberships for $7.00 and when those are filled the monthly fee goes up to $20. Last I heard from the bear group leader, there are about 800 places left at the $7 fee.

Kathy, that's a great way to make a sale. Wish I could make a few of those.

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Yea, Kathy on your sale!!  Yes, the Etsy group has been very positive about ArtFire.  I definitely would have kept the shop if I knew you could have it for free.  Are you getting a lot of views for your pieces?

Hugs,

Ellen

Board footer