Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

This one is for all of the moms.  I belong to a group on Facebook called "I have the hardest job in the world I'm a Mom."  They started talking about how hard it is and I dont Doubt that it can be I just got tired of hearing all negative.  I started a topic " What's the best thing about being a Mom" I only got one reply so I thought I'd post it here.  I love when my son laughs.  It just makes my day. bear_wub

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

There hasn't been kids in this house for years but I know what I consider the best thing about being a Mom is:  When you child comes sits on your lap and gives you a hug and says, "I love you Mom"

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

The best thing about being a Mum is" being a Mum" and seeing my grown up children become caring adults and presenting me with 7 wonderful grandchildren..

My little guy can't talk much yet But I know he loves me.

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

The best thing about being a Mom for me was watching the humor develop in my child.
I was always a cut up as a kid and would put on shows for my family and in my spare time as an adult I was a comedian and worked the clubs in Hollywood with some wonderful comedians such as Robin Williams, Whoopi Goldberg and Roseanne Barr.
I love the things that little ones say. bear_original)  :clap:
I remember when my daughter (now almost 21) was about 4 years old and I told her we were going to go through her belongings and give away stuff she no longer used or had out grown to Goodwill, a charity organization here in the US. You would have thought I was ripping her heart out!!!  bear_cry  I could understand some of the toys but shoes? Outgrown dresses, pants and coats?  She was in tears over having to part with any of it! It wasn't like I was asking her to part with a beloved teddy bear or her old tattered blanket!!!
My Mother called as we were right in the middle of sorting and Rebecca ratted me out!! With my Mom on the phone she was barely able to catch her breath as she sobbed and said "Grandma!! Mommy is giving all my stuff away to good ol' Will!!" :crackup:
I will always cherish the innocents of youth.
I was unable to give birth to my own biglocial child and Rebecca is adopted. I will always be grateful I was given the opportunity to be a Mom.
No complaints here.  bear_wub

Sorry to rattle on.......... bear_original

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I have a teenage daughter, and right now sometimes it is hard to remember how it is great being a mom.  I think teenagers are made to be more difficult so we can let them go.  The best thing about being a mom is the feeling of unconditional love,  I have never felt that love for any other person.   motherly love.

Joanne

The Good ole Will?  Oh my Gosh bear_grin   I would love to adopt.   Right now though I am enjoying my son.  I love him more than I ever thought I could love anyone.

Mommy_kisses.jpgJonathan_and_mommy_nov.29th.jpg  This is my son.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Watching them grow up to BE somebody..and then being a grandma to grandchildren who love you...that is the best feeling in the world!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Murrieta, California

Jenn,
What a beautiful son you have!!! Just precious!  bear_wub

Thanks!  He is my life,  You live in Murrietta?  I'm not too far away.

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

What a great idea Jenn - it's a lot of work being a mom, but it also brings rewards you can't get anywhere else.  I was going to post yesterday... but was interrupted by... no, not my kids, my hubby!   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Being a Mom has got to be the most amazing gift!  My husband and I weren't going to have children, but when I was thirty we had our first and I wouldn't go back... now we have three beautiful children.  Some of the best things about being a Mom right now are...

1.  When my 9 year old boy looks at me seriously and tells me that "I'm the most beautiful girl in the world".

2.  When my little girl (5 years old) giggles when I tickle her & when I stop says "do it again!"

3.  When my 10 year old (almost 11) spends all day finding jobs to do around the house (cleaning, fixing things) just because he knows it will make me happy.

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Murrieta, California

Yes Murrieta. We have lived here for 20 years.  Where about are you Jenn? bear_original

Melisa I had to laugh at your post. :crackup:
Kids are like potato chips, you can't have just one!! Sounds like you have been triple blessed. bear_original

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I came to motherhood in my mid thirties, and so the changes to our life were amazing.  I think the most wonderful thing to me about being a Mother, is having a hand in developing this unique new little person.  Now that my daughter is 13, she is really developing her ideas on the world, how other people think and react and is developing a great "social conscience".  I love to see this awareness in her and I love that my husband and I have taken part in this evolution of a little person.  I have to agree with Cyndee about seeing your child with a sense of humour.  From the time my daughter was little, she has just loved to laugh, and will never miss a new comedy.  She makes wise cracks now - which are really quite good, and I marvel at this very indivdual personality developing.

I must admit, the baby stage was the hardest thing I have ever done, but being a Mum is the best thing I have ever done.

Birgitta's bears Uppsala, Sweden

I am also a teen mom and it´s hard. I and my daughter have world war three going on but I wouldn´t change it to anything else, though you wish it sometimes! lol!

Melisa what wonderful kids you have and how did you train your 10 year old? Mine is 15 and there is clothes everywhere in my apartment and dishes and... I had been on strike but that didn´t help!

I've lived in Ramona for 23 years.  I was thirty four when my son was born and the pregnacy was the hardest part!  I love him too pieces!

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

My kids are both teenagers now.  Joanne, thanks for telling me why they are so difficult.  I never thought that it was just so it would be easier for me when they leave the nest.  I'll remember that the next time I want to strangle them.   bear_tongue

The best part of being a mom for me right now is when my kids do something kind and unselfish, just to be nice, with no reward for themselves.  I just sit back and say, I guess I'm doing something right.  Oh, and I love it when my son grabs my hand when we walk through a parking lot.  He's 13 and I doubt he'll get run over by a car anymore.  I think he just does it because he knows I like it.  And, then there's listening to my daughter play piano.  It's really great to be a mom when she's playing Chopin.  I guess it's worth her mouthiness when she can fill our house with beautiful music.  I sure will miss her piano playing when she leaves.   bear_cry Being a mom is definitely the toughest job  you'll ever love!

Hugs,
Alison

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

My kids are no longer kids at 26 and 24!  They do both live with me still though and we are the best of friends. I think for me, the best thing about being a mum is knowing my kids love and respect me unconditionally.

These are all great!

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

Every day is precious. You learn to see the world through their eyes...the little things we tend to forget as adults. The 'I love you mom' at every stage. Or how about 'mom, you're the best'! bear_wub  As irritating as kids can be, they always make up for it. I've learned so much from my kids, I'm glad I have them to love!

That huge grin he gives when he sees me.  It just melts my heart.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub I love being a mother, my children are all grown, 42,44,& 46. I have 5 grandchildren, 4 step grandchildren, and the newest little adopted grandchild at 2. the others are all teens and twenty something.  My two daughters are my best friends and we do a lot together.  My son, whats the old saying a daughter your daughter all your life but your sons a son till he takes a wife?  I do not see him as much as the girls, but I do love my daughter in law, they are the ones that recently adopted the little boy, here they are in their 40's raising a sweety.  Being a mother is seeing the kids develope into fine adults and the smiles and hugs and kisses never stop.
We also do a lot of things together, go to concerts, see plays on broadway, go to the beach, shopping, holidays, its all good!

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

STICKY CUDDLES, SLOBBERRY KISSES , CUTE GIGGLES, THE FUNNY THINGS THEY SAY AND TOTAL HONESTY.
EVERYTIME I FEEL AS THOUGH I COULD SCREAM, I REMIND MYSELF, I SHOULD ENJOY THIS WHILE I CAN.I DREAD THEM GROWING UP AND FACING THE BIG WIDE WORLD WITH OUT ME.
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT MY LITTLE ANGELS (UUUH-HUM!) I WOULD NEVER BE WITHOUT THEM.

It terrifies me what he will have to face when he gets older.  And the thought that he won't want me as an active part of his life as an adult.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website
Jennskains wrote:

That huge grin he gives when he sees me.  It just melts my heart.

This melts me too.  My son will be 1 next week so he can't talk or walk yet.  I especially love all the noises he makes and his laugh and lots of other things I can't think of right now.  bear_wub

Board footer