Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Out of curiosity, I have been watching this item on ebay tonight as it was in the top 10 most watched items on the whole of ebay UK.

If this is genuine, somebody got a bargain and I bet the seller is feeling sick bear_ermm .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … 6228312438

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Wow! that is quite a buy! I wonder what they had to pay for postage???

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Yes, WOW.  That is the chance the seller took by listing without a reserve.  Someone got a real deal!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

ooooh no!!!!!!!  Gee Kate, why didn't you bid?!?!? Gee, what a deal!!

Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Double wow!  Can't believe that happened!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Boy is that not amazing??? I would like to be that buyer! Thanks for sharing!!!

Many Hugs Louise

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

That is unreal!!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I can't believe that !!!  bear_wacko is it true ? hmmmmmmm

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

What a bargain ........they are never around when I am looking  bear_sad

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow, that was a bargain indeed.    The seller must be upset :doh:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Oh my...that poor seller! They've been on eBay a while too, so you think they might have known to put a reserve on it. And it was in the UK (kicks self for not seeing this!).

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Boy I wish I'd seen this. I've loads of fabric that I could have worked wonders with If I had a machine like this. I bet the postage was high though. Poor seller!

Jane  bear_flower

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Three possibilities:
1- the sewing machine had major problems
2- the seller lost his brain
3- the seller planned to ask a huge price for postage

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS: If all are wrong, i am really jealous!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Seams to good to be true, you only get what you pay for ,why would you sell it for such a price? how came  ? Thanks  Kate

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hmmm.... maybe the sellers friend bid in the end and at least it gets everyone interested. Who knows someone could be a very happy bunny if it was genuine. If you need a good new machine Lidl have got them in tomorrow ( Monday ) for £39.99, I might get one.

Deb Upstate New York

Holy crap!  What a bargain.  Poor guy (seller). 

And to think everybody is watching those stupid Xbox 360's and not Bernina embroidery machines.  Kids around here are standing in line at Wal-Mart, buying Xbox's for $400, then putting on Ebay and selling them for $900 - $1,500.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Well, if the seller will honor it.  My hubby won a very rare comic book plate on ebay, and he paid the seller's reserve price.  Even though he promptly paid via Paypal, we didn't hear from the seller for days.  When they finally contacted him, they said that the plate had become "damaged", and they refunded his money.   bear_cry Eldon was so distraught over it, as we think the seller was mad it didn't go for more.  Still, there's nothing to be done about it....

IF this is genuine, the buyer got one heck of a deal!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I'm with Debbie D

the seller doesn't have to honor it if he deosn't want too, as we found out to our chagrin.  When we complained we were told that e-bay would watch this seller and if he did it too many times they would have to do something.

"Do something"?
hmmmmm......

If the seller does honor it good for him.  We need ethics in our world

bear_tongue

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA
Deb wrote:

Holy crap!  What a bargain.  Poor guy (seller). 

And to think everybody is watching those stupid Xbox 360's and not Bernina embroidery machines.  Kids around here are standing in line at Wal-Mart, buying Xbox's for $400, then putting on Ebay and selling them for $900 - $1,500.

I am saying Holy CRAP!!!too! What a deal. I could have paid the frieght to US and still gotten a deal!
Kathy

Pipa UK

does the  listing even say the machine actually works ?
great buy for whoever won the item if it's a genuine sale !!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

There's just got to be something wrong - though for the life of me I can't work out what that might be! The seller has good feedback. The photos are comprehensive. The listing has had over 3000 visits. And while the seller doesn't explicitly say 'this machine is in working order', just one or two of the accessories alone would be worth more than the selling price! The buyer (a newbie, with no feedback) is in the US and obviously thought it was worth the shipping costs. Wouldn't it be great if we could find out what happened next?!!

Pipa UK

yes it sure would. the only thing i piked up on in the auction was this sentence

"take a good look at the photos they speak a 1000 words"

could mean anything !

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

I keep thinking about this and wonder how genuine it was. If it was, it would have been bargain of the century. Because it was in ebay's Main pulse page , about item no.3 most watched on the whole of ebay, I guessed it would surely get more bids and people were just waiting until the end to bid. I was really shocked when it ended at that price.

I thought it a bit odd though that the seller also put it in a 2nd category of wait for it - Horse Brasses?????????????    Am I missing something here??????????? :wacko:

I checked for similar items on ebay to this one and saw that this type of machine usually went for over £2500.00 :o

Crazy bear_laugh

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

I went and had alook ..... what a bargain as I said those sort of bargains are not around when I am looking .... I hope he does the right thing

Board footer