Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Mar09-Nicolas-013b.jpgMar09-Nicolas-008b.jpgHi everyone!  I just finished listing little Nicolas tonite.  The strangest thing happened, at first ebay would not allow my to sell him because I described his fur as "ivory" color with carmel color guard fur.  There was a notice about the endangered nature of ivory.  I had not run across that before, but was able to change the wording slightly to describe it as "light color"....This is also my first "wobble" joint. Oh my, makes you want to hold his little head, like a new baby :)

I love this little guy....the watering can just sort of happened at the last minute and then the story evolved ( see listing )

Hope you like him

Kindest regards,
Lee Ann

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

What a sweet little bear.  Great job! 

Hugs,
Alison

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

such a cute sweet bear! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Loving that fur too, never heard about the ivory thing on ebay before, that's strange!

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Thanks so much Brenda and Alison

K Pawz Guest

he is soooo cute!
hugs,
Krista

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Thank you Krista
I really appreciate it bear_original

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

He is so sweet!  He has great "baby" appeal! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Thank you Melisa....I really do feel like I have to cradle his head like a new baby.  My first wobble joint.  He is fun to cuddle :)

Regards,
Lee Ann

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

You did a great job on this fella! He is very cute!!
Beth

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Hi Beth ~  Thank you so much :)

Lee Ann

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_wub   What a cutie!!!!  You've done a lovely job with him. 

I know Ebay's probably trying to be proactive in preventing an ivory trade, but there's lots of things that are ivory coloured.  Would it help at all to contact them?

...edited to say, I used to live in Oregon!  I still miss it  bear_cry

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

HI Debbie
Thank you so much bear_original

I have the words "vintage" and "ivory" in my listing and the pop up warning related to certain types of "vintage ivory" that could not be sold and what the definition was.  It's probably an unfortunate combination of words....but I will take your advice and contact their online help if it should happen to me again..

Not sure how long ago you lived here?  But it has been bizarre this year, FEET and FEET of snow !
We had two sunny days (75 degrees ) and now back to rain for a week. Oh well, that is why it is so green  bear_flower

Kind Regards
Lee Ann

bear_tongue   Yes, rain and lots n lots of it is why its so green, but typically its broad sunshine for much of the summer, starting around the end of May.  I used to live on the coast.  And the reports I hear from my friends who live there ~ so much snow!  That's totally unusual for Oregon!  Well, maybe not the mountain ranges, but for the Willamette Valley and coast it sure is.   bear_flower

I can see them wanting to discourage selling ivory on Ebay, that still seems silly.  And isn't vintage ivory legal to sell??   bear_wacko

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

You'd think....right?  It's got to be in all kinds of vintage jewelry..( ooops, there I go using that word again  bear_grin )
And as you mention so many things are ivory color ~ wedding gowns, fabrics,  bear_wacko  bear_wacko It's enough to make me crazy.

Take care,
Lee Ann
Oh - PS...where do you live now?  My husband hates the rain and wants to move somewhere warm and sunny

:crackup:  Then tell him to avoid the middle of Missouri at all costs!!!  :crackup:   No kidding, we've been more wet and in more gale force winds here than we ever had on the beach!   bear_wacko   

Warm and sunny....hmmm... my Oregon friend says Florida  bear_thumb

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

I grew up in Kansas City !  I hear you !!! And, I can't stand the humidity....
His family has a place in Florida....but I think it's humid there too.
Personally, I think this is paradise...and when it is rainy outside, oh well....have to stay in and create more bears.. bear_grin

Take care ~

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

he is such a cutie pie  bear_wub
Catherine xx

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Adorable teddy! I'll have to remember that "ivory" tip next time I list an ivory colored teddy on ebay.

I would like to recommend sunny SoCal but I won't because right now the economy is really bad here...but the sun still shines.
bear_thumb
Kathy

I know, Kathy, California really is the bestest of climates, but the economy sure is rough for California right now.   bear_sad

LOL, is it time to start singing 'its a small world afterall' ??  Raised in Kansas City, when we live in Missouri now.   :crackup:   That's funny!!

Board footer