Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago
Lynn Wisconsin

I saw this somewhere else Bobbie and thought it was amazing.  Great video!!

Lynn

suburban Chicago

So, have you heard how it was made? It looks happenstance in the beginning, until you realize that it was a group of actors.

I liked the bystanders and onlookers who were really "getting into it!"

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Hi Bobbie, I have seen it before and read the article, but still a good post. I love the way the bystanders start looking very disturbed when something different happens. We just don't like displays of fun in public places do we??? Here in the Philippines they have breaks during the day in the mall and a certain song comes on and all the staff dance to it. In the beginning we tried to ignore the fact that the checkout girl was dancing and singing. Now you just go along with it. We can always see the new expats here, they are the ones that try to run for cover under racks of clothes etc. The old hands just stand and wait for it to be over. Ok, but then here they are addicted to Karaoke so at any given stage someone will sing at you.... a song pops into their head and that is it. I would die a thousand deaths before singing in front of anyone. Thanks for that it was good to watch.

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Me as a ballet-dancer brought this video to tears - I looked it once and twice and threetimes - oh how wonderful when dancing brings the whole world together - music and dancing is something just amazing and I would never want to miss it - thanks so much for sharing this wonderful video with us - I didn't know it before, but I believe, I will keep it know on my desktop and when I will feel tired or sad or something else in this way this video can bring me to a smile
thanks so much  bear_wub  bear_wub

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

wow! that was fun to watch. Thanks for postingit.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I couldn't resist posting a short reply to this lovely clip.

It was made in Central Station in Antwerp, where I pass every morning and evening going to work.
Central Station is a magnificent building and well worth a visit (without the dancing and singing).

This clip was made for a television programma called "in search of Maria" : it's a sort of talent show and the winner gets to play the lead in a new musical
production of "the sound of music".
One of the 'obstacles' the contestants had to overcome was to sing and dance live in Central Station, but I think things got a little out of hand and a lot more people joined in.  I'm sorry I missed it though (must have been hard at work  bear_laugh ).

Who said the Belgian people were boring ???  bear_grin

Hugs,

Peter

suburban Chicago

My sister sent it to me last night. I'd seen it before but lost the addy - I was happy to get it again.  "The Sound of Music" is a classic movie out of the mid-1900s.
And Andrea, I'm sure you could either embrace it (the whole Sound of Music phenom) or dislike it, seeing as you live in Salzburg.  We visited about 6 years ago. I don't remember there being that much in evidence about it being the seat of the music festival, but perhaps that's just because it was the wrong season.
You live in a BEAUTIFUL city!

Don's family is traced back to the 1640s to a city/area that was Austrian, now German. At our second exhibiting at the Teddybär Total show in Köln, a young family came to our table - the 8 yo son had seen my name—Ripperger—on the front of the table and said "That's our name, too!"
They live about 20 miles from the same city Don's family comes from! We know they're related but not sure how. Anyway - here's a site I've often gone to when I needed von Trapp family info:
http://www.archives.gov/publications/pr … rapps.html
I'd love to spend more time in Salzburg - it was very easy to get around via public transportation.

suburban Chicago

Peter! Thank you!! so much for answering my query about how/why it was made!
You'd make a great on-the-spot, roving reporter. I'm happy to hear more about the background - Thx again.

Board footer