Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

I LOVE challenges!!!!! Now that I have the time to take part, I was thinking of things I have wanted to make for a long time but put off out of insecurity bear_rolleyes
SO, would anyone here be interested in making something other that what they make now?
I make teddy bears...but I really wanna try primates. (although my 6 year old requests an okapi) bear_tongue
What do you make? and what have you dared not make before?
whales...
zebra...
parrot...
space alien...
you get the idea  bear_thumb
Post a reply here if your interested, after I get responses I will post a deadline for the challenge here :)
Then we can all get together and share our oddities  :photo:

ANYONE INTERESTED!!!!!!!!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, Ren.  Have you looked at our "Challenge Gallery"?  It's located on the tool bar right under the Teddy Talk logo/banner at the top of the page.  Click on it and scroll down to Design Challenge: Different Beast.  Is this what you had in mind?  Of course, we have added many new members since that challenge, so maybe there would be renewed interest in another one . . . and I guess it need not be a 'beast' at all.  Challenge away.

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

WHOOPS!!! and here I thought i was being totally original :redface:
   thanks for letting me know...perhaps I will brainstorm some more and think of something else to have a challenge with :doh:

bearyfun732 Cutiepie Bears

tindlebears: say...ive been thinking..why dont we do a challenge on using the rule of threes? im sure most of you have heard of it at one point or another. basically, the rule of threes is in order to create an interesting feature, make an imaginary tic-tac toe board on a drawing paper, or whatever, (canvas, board..etc.) then, you would find the intersecting points in the tic tac toe board. there should be four of them. you would then put the main object of focus on one of the intersecting points. im thinking we could make bears that somewhat resemble a tic-tac toe board and take a photograph where the bear is using the rule of threes. i think it could be cute bear_laugh we can see all the original photographs that people create. what do you say?

Laurie Brady Bears By Laurie Brady

SO, would anyone here be interested in making something other that what they make now?

Sounds like a lot of fun!  I joined TT mid Dec. so this is new for me.   I would be interested in taking this challange - if the deadline is July or later.  I have 2 projects floating around in my head that are just screaming to be let out. 
Would the subject have to be a different anilmal than we normally make, or would a completely different style of the same animal be acceptable? -

Laurie

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

LOL! bearyfun! I haven't had ANY coffee today, what you said flew right over my cloudy head! WA-HUH!! LOL

HEY LAURIE! I was thinking we could make whatever is totally opposite of what is our own personal "norm".  I'm pretty -go with the flow- go ahead and catch one of those "floaters"in your head bear_original
I'm thinking the deadline to be in august sometime, and I would like to have at least five of us participate if possible bear_original

tindlebears: i know, im crazy and wierd. i like to be that way. bear_tongue and i like to be complicated too. haha..hehe..

Laurie Brady Bears By Laurie Brady

Sounds good!   I'm in.

Laurie

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

That's three  :dance:
anyone else wanna join. I kinda want to have at least five of us to start off with, It's not a big deal though.  bearyfun, you in?  :hug:

teeeej Brisbane

I would love to have a go. I do not design my own patterns. However I am sure I could find a commercial pattern that challenges me. Hmmm...... I have always wanted to have a go at doing one of Lisa Pay's Dog patterns. I especially like "Sugar: http://www.pedigreesroyal.com/images/pa … /Sugar.jpg

I have a maltese myself. I would love to have a go at using this pattern to create a dog that looks like mine. The head will be a challenge cause her hair seems to go in several directions and it hangs over her eyes. This could be fun. bear_tongue

-----
Therese

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

Up to four!  :clap:
ya know teeeej  this would be the perfect opportunity to design your FIRST original pattern!  bear_grin

tindlebear: me? sure! bear_happy

teeeej Brisbane
tindlebears wrote:

Up to four!  :clap:
ya know teeeej  this would be the perfect opportunity to design your FIRST original pattern!  :lol:

Hmm maybe... Not sure I am ready for that. I will be trying to modify the pattern. Lets start with that.

----
Therese

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

WE HAVE FIVE!!!! WOOHOO  :dance:

good thinking teeej take it one step at a time bear_original
OK, the challenge is on! if anyone else wants to join GO FOR IT! the deadline is Sept. 20th.  plenty of time to get ready and enough time other peeps can join as well bear_original

teeeej Brisbane

Sweet! And that deadline suits me. I want to go into Gerry's and have some fun picking out fabrics but I'm not planning to go until next month.

----
Therese

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Sorry maybe it's the lack of caffeine in my body but is this the 'tic tac toe' challenge or the other one?

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

LOL clare! this is the first mentioned challenge...the challenge is to make something completly different from what you make now. It could be ANYTHING!  an alien...a cat...a baby doll...the list is endless as long as it is something totally different from your current product. (which for most of us is teddies)

lets get this party started! :bday:

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi Ren, I'll give it a go!  It takes me ages to make anything, but with a September deadline I should manage it  bear_grin  I promised my daughter an elephant so this could be just the push I need.

Hugs Ali

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

AWESOME! I can't wait to see your pacaderm! (fun fact: pacaderm means "thick skinned")

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

I'd like to join in! I have so many things I want to make but have something specific in mind. Do I have to tell you what it is beforehand or can it be a surprise?. Rest assured it is something VERY different. I can't recall anyone else who has made this since I have joined TT.  I would really like to keep it under wraps until I am ready to reveal it. Maybe I'll send hints out to keep people guessing. Do I want to be a tease or what?  bear_grin
Beth

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

LOL scaliwagrrs! Join the fun! you don't have to tell  :twisted:  but if you do tease make it plenty hard to figure out bear_cool

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Ok! Here is hint #1:
It has a tail.

Have you figured it out yet?
Oh I am mean :twisted:
Beth

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

Well I guess it isn't me LOL!! :crackup:

This reminds me of the time a man came into my flower shop concerned about a plant his dog ate.  i said "What can you tell me about it" he replies
"it's got green leaves, likes water ...OH and it's in a blue pot with dirt...and he ate the whole thing."
I kid you not this guy was dead serious, he wanted to know if it was poisonous :crackup:

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

I want to join too! I did "post" a reply a few days ago, but forgot to press send obviously....  bear_whistle

I have actually finished my project, the fastest i've even made a bear, paied full attention to it for 3 days!

I will give you a few hints on what I'm doing untill I get pictures... hehe.

The full (around, maybe more) 6 inches only took about a fat 1/8th of mohair, my thumbs are so sore and is very minimal.

Guess what it is?

Richy~  bear_tongue

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

SURE! join in! the deadline isn't until sept, so your WAY ahead of the game!

OOOO I KNOW what it is...hmmm, something....small?
LOL!!!

Board footer