Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

We keep our hot tub (soft tub) on the lower deck for summer and move it to the upper deck (near the door) for winter. My husband drained the tub on Monday, using a hose syphon. On Tuesday he filled it using a hose thru the window, using the hot water. It took most of the day cause he would stop and let the hot water catch up.
In any case, we didn't go in the tub last night cause it was p*** pouring rain. This morning I open the cover to throw in the chemical holder and there was no water in the tub!!! My dear husband had disconnected the hose at the tap and forgot to take the hose out of the hot tub so once again, it reverted to being a syphon and drained all the water out of the tub, fortunately thru the deck.
Now we are keeping our fingers crossed that the motor hasn't burned out.
He felt pretty silly but I kindly told him it wasn't as bad as the time many years ago when we first moved to the country and he brought me home a milk goat one evening. Daylight revealed that it was a fully functional male goat! His excuse was: well, it had a bag! Just the wrong kind.
Husbands...you gotta love em.  bear_wub  bear_wub

Marion

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

That is so funny Marion.  Love the goat story.  Men.......ya gotta love em !!  bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

HAHA!  bear_tongue  bear_laugh  bear_grin

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I could tell you stories.........................But I won't?

Many Hugs Louise

Pipa UK

bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

ha ha ha ha haa ha ha :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Funny, except for your next water bill.

Men!!
URGH!!!!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

It's not the water bill that bothers me - we have a well - it's the hydro for heating the water!!!!
bear_sad
Marion

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I hope you have a well!!
Love the goat story too!
Aww, come on Louise........ just one story???

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

ahhh man. Having a well. Never even seen one!! Not a proper one anyway.
But  yes, all the energy to heat all that darn water up. Oh boy.

i'm still jealous though. I would kill for a hot tub.
My sister that lives in florida, she has a pool and a hot tub. Guess there is a TV out there as well. So in the evenings she sits in the hot tub or pool and watches TV.
NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I have a dumb husband, goat story!  We got a goat to help keep our blackberries under control.  She did a fine job of that!  We had a problem with her that she saw the dog and the cats going in the house and she thought that she should have the right also.  Our son was always on my case to potty train her so she could come in.  My problem was that she had no respect for anything.  She thought she could go anywhere and eat anything she wanted including bear parts.  There was always a power struggle with her as to who was in charge.  I was raised on a farm and adopted my dad's method of getting her attention by giving her a whack on her butt.  She and I kind of had an understanding.  My husband and son were always trying methods like squirting her with water or trying to make her submit.  One day she butted my poor husband in the knee.  I know it had to hurt and without even thinking he brought his hand down to hit her on the head.  A goat has a very hard head and this one had horns.  Her horn went through his hand.  She really did not know that anything had happened but my husband took up my method of dealing with her when she was being difficult.  We lost her about three years ago but she is still keeping us laughing, remembering all the antics she was constantly up to.  We tend to not bring up the times when she really did hurt one of us.  She was a Nigerian Dwarf and I would hate to think what she would have done to us if she had been a regular sized goat.
Donna

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Well OK here goes! I have been married to my Hubby for 32 years this month. I was 17 when we married and I am now 49. I think My Husband has had far to many brain farts over the years, some to horrible to give credance to and others just plain dumb. I am still reeling over his lack of memory to remeber my past birthday. I know... live and let go...Not a Chance! I would trade him in a New York minute for a puppy!!

Many Hugs Louise

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Trade him for a puppy!! LOL :clap:  :clap:  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  :clap:  :clap:

I don't think you should let it go that he forgot your bday untill he makes up for it on the next one. They have to learn sometime right?? Maybe 33 yrs is the magic #

Heather

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I love your stories HOW FUNNY......I don't have dumb hubby stories, but boy does he have dumb wifey stories!  Yikes!!  a080.gif

However, I do notice, as the years pass, a slight slippage in the.....so stay tuned.....

maybe soon   p020.gif

bear_tongue

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hee Hee Hee  bear_grin  bear_laugh  Thanks for sharing funny storys.

Hi Marion, I hope your  motor is ok...  :pray:   :hug:

Hugs/Marie

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Marion, such a funny goat story.. bear_grin  bear_grin
Hope your boiler is OK.. bear_grin

HUGGS, Julia

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Marion all I can say is its agood job it was hubby and not you that did it  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Board footer