Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bearyfun732 Cutiepie Bears

hihi peoples
today i stumbled upon this at ebay. there so cheap..and they look so much better than other eyes, so i want to ask if they can be used as eyes. could you probably glue them in? if anyone knows anything about this, please tell me! probably the only difference is that they have no wire loops to be sewn in, but i really don't know...so i suppose at least ONE of you experts might know something. bibi for now. bear_happy
links:
some okay ones: http://cgi.ebay.com/YOUR-COICE-OF-3mm-4 … dZViewItem

pretty!: http://cgi.ebay.com/3D-fish-eyes-fly-or … dZViewItem

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
bearyfun732 wrote:

hihi peoples
today i stumbled upon this at ebay. there so cheap..and they look so much better than other eyes, so i want to ask if they can be used as eyes. could you probably glue them in? if anyone knows anything about this, please tell me! probably the only difference is that they have no wire loops to be sewn in, but i really don't know...so i suppose at least ONE of you experts might know something. bibi for now. ;)

One of my hobbies is fishing, so I whilst I can't tell you anything about their suitability for eyes on bears, what I can tell you is that you have to be careful -- a lot of lures can be flimsy, by design, and I would question in that case their suitability on a teddy -- poor thing's going to have an eye missing a lot sooner into his life, rather than old age.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

Thomas Adam: Hmm...but i took a look at that info, and this seller apparently makes them, so they are probably better quality than the ones you would get in a fishing supply shop or something. the buyers ouviously seem to like them a lot...(i checked the feedback and ratings)

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
bearyfun732 wrote:

Thomas Adam:

You can call me Thomas, I just put my full name at the end of my posts, for some odd habit.  :)

bearyfun732 wrote:

Hmm...but i took a look at that info, and this seller apparently makes them, so they are probably better quality than the ones you would get in a fishing supply shop or something. the buyers ouviously seem to like them a lot...(i checked the feedback and ratings)

RIght -- I didn't realise you were going with those ones in particular -- yes, they are well-made.  I was just generalising, since you won't necessarily find the same quality elsewhere.

-- Thomas Adam

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Can't say i've used them myself - but they look pretty good to me - maybe you could buy some wire too and glue yourself some wire loops on?

Sounds like they are sticky backed, but i'm not sure how strong that would be. Worth a try? Maybe you could see if you could find someone selling the same sort of thing, but just a couple of pairs or something for a few cents - that way you haven't lost as much if it doesn't work out?

Jaina: hm..that might work, but im not all that willing because of shipping prices. maybe i can try and look for one that has free shipping or something. and, i dont think it really matters if it has a sticky back. it will probably just be double the help, because now you can put wire on the back, and reinforce it with the adhensive. ill take a look.

Board footer