Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

Fairy.jpgHi Everyone,

I'm pleased to show you a new style of bear that I have  just completed.  This is Lilly and she is my first bear featuring a face sculpted in clay.  She is crafted from mohair and has silk poseable wings.  Her clothes and jewelry were made from fine materials.  She is 13 1/2" standing.

I will be posting more photos of her tomorrow and a link to ebay.  bear_original

Thanks  for having a look!

bear_wub
~Robert

Lilly is finally on ebay.  More photos are available on her auction.   bear_original
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 0406922970

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I don't know why but she reminds me (without the wings) of a bear I had in the 50's.
Adorable!!! bear_wub

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Me too - although I had mine in the 'Sixties and he was blue! bear_grin   
Anyway, she has a really interesting vintage look about her - very well accomplished too.  I love the shape of her head, by the way.  I shall be interested to see how you develop this idea  bear_thumb
Bear hugs,
Christine

Andrea Artemis bears
Devon

She's beautiful love her wings  bear_wub

Andrea x

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Must be something there Christine!!!
I was born in 56 and remember having the bear will into my teens!
Wish I still had it! :(
Robert you have captured the look even if it was unknowingly. bear_original

mjbears mjbears
northants

I REALLY LOVE THIS BEAR JUST SO DIVINE AND PRETTY LOVING THOSE ULTRA LONG EYELASHES  A REAL BEAUTTY OF A BEARX

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: really well done, buddy! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  did you sculpt in place, or did you do the face seperately & attach after?

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I love this bear,  I too will be looking forward to seeing more.  You are one to be always developing and trying new things. A brave man, it pays off.  Your work seems to be constantly evolving.
Joanne

JRB CREATIONS JRB CREATIONS
New Carlisle, IN

I absolutely love this bear!!  She is stunning!!  :clap:

*Jeannette

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

She's beautiful. I don't always like hard faces, but she has a beautiful look. The eyes, smile, everything is just gorgeous. I love everything about her. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

she is fabulous, absolutly breath taking, shes soo pretty and the colours you have chosen are perfect for her. well done, shes a work of art x

Tanya'sTeddies Teddy Bears by Tanya de Bruijn
Lethbridge

Wow, the face is amazing!  bear_wub

Bearytale Teddies Bearytale Teddies by Mireille Begijn
Belgium, Europe
Website

Hi Robert,
Waw she is sooooooooooooooooo cute bear_wub great job !!
Bear hugs from Belgium
Mireille

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

She's amazing !  I LOVE her eyes especially.  Super job Robert  bear_thumb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow!  That's a really unique and super cute bear!

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Very artistic & beautiful!!!  Fantastic!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

WOW Robert!!! You did a marvelous job on sculpting her face! She is beautiful! I am so impressed with you work! You have a great style.
Beth

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

Thank you all very much.  Reading all the wonderful comments really made my day!  :hug:  :hug:
I do love the look of older bears (50's & 60's) but not sure this was my original concept.  I am very happy with the way she turned out though and she will be a tough one for me to let go of. 

Kelly, her face was sculpted in place using paper clay so it is very secure and could never fall off.  bear_original   

I'll be adding more photos in a few hours and will probably have her up on ebay this evening.

Thanks again everyone.  You will be seeing more bears from me with sculpted faces.  It is so much fun!  :dance:

~Robert

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Robert,
Your talent is amazing...she's adorable ...wonderful expression.Mikki

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

I adore this one, she has such a divine face bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

Thank you Mikki and Sue!   :hug:   I'm very glad she turned out so well.  You never know what's going to happen when you take a step out of your comfort zone.  I'm so glad I took a chance at this little fairy bear!  bear_wub

~Robert

Kessy Kesseys Bears
North Wales

I agree she is amazing her face is adorable such a work of art  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

Thank you Kessy! I really appreciate your comment.
:hug:

~Robert

Lindi Pollewop bears

Hi Robert,
It's me again from Holland bear_grin . I just want to say that your fairy is dazzling!!! amassing those eyes, they are just beautiful.
again great work bear_thumb
Hugs Linda bear_wub

Off The Paw Artist Bears by Lesley
East Neuk

I saw Lilly on ebay yesterday, she's wonderful. Her little face stayed with me, long after viewing the listing  bear_thumb

Board footer