Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Dilu,
I was just cruising your website and I was wondering, Do you machine embroider your mouths on you gollys.?
I love your mini Gollys. What fabric do you use to make thier faces with, it is so shiny and smooth.

Just curious.
Kathy
_(P.S. some day I may want to try my hand at a Golly. I'll have to take your class!)
Kathy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi Kathy

the mouths are hand embroidered-I draw the shape on with chalk pencils.

The fabric I settled on and like the best is worsted wool....100%.  and then I shrink it up by washing and drying on the hotest settings.  It shrinks up nicely and then when I stuff I have some stretch in the fabric. Also the shrunk up wool is durable and easy to hold.

Hmmmmm  I guess in 100 years my gollies will have moth holes.  yikes!  p010.gif

I by the wool in 5 yard increments-I ran out last summer and went nuts looking for more on the internet.

Go figure.....no one wants to sell plain black wool in the simmer.....who knew   n065.gif

I do know how to digitise my own designs and then embroider them,...I used to make baby quilts with teddies on them....

hmmmmm

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Wow, I am totally impressed.  : :clap:  bear_thumb :That must take alot of time and work. I thought I was doing good just embroidering my tiny noses. I hand stitch all of my little ones, but it doesn't compare to those lips!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Worsted wool huh!
Ohh No Moth holes!!!!Ha Ha bear_tongue
Thanks for sharing.
Kathy

Board footer