Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm by no means the holder of all information on all contests, but I've been trying to keep tabs on some of the bigger ones and wanted to share about some deadlines upcoming.

Competition:  GOLDEN GEORGE
Sponsor:  TEDDY BAR TOTAL (huge exhibition, Germany)
Website:  http://www.teddybaertotal.de/CMS/O/1/K/ … TAL,Teddy/ 
Type of contest:  Photo submissions, initially.  You can even submit photos by email.  If nominated, your bear must be sent or brought IN PERSON to Teddy Bar Total in Germany, April 28, 2006.  That's where the final judging takes place and awards are given, including a separate public choice award determined by exhibition attendees.  Your nominated bear and profile will be published in a special handout to be distributed at the show, and possibly the news media.
Cost: 50 Euro per bear
Deadline:  December 16, 2005

Competition:  GOLDEN TEDDY
Sponsor:  TEDDY BEAR REVIEW (magazine, US)
Website:  http://www.teddybearreview.com/GT_Entryform_2006.pdf
Type of contest:  Photo submissions are the basis for both nomination and award; no mail-in of actual bear or exhibition of your entry is required.  Nomination results in your bear being published in the summer/fall "voting" issue of the magazine.
Cost: $70 for the first entry, and $35 for each entry thereafter
Deadline:  December 30, 2005

Competition:  TOBY (Teddy Bear of the Year)
Sponsor:  TEDDY BEAR & FRIENDS (magazine, US)
Website:  http://www.teddybearandfriends.com/foru … owtopic=46
Type of contest:  Photo submissions are the basis for both nomination and award; no mail-in of actual bear or exhibition of your entry is required.  Nomination results in your bear being published in the spring/summer "voting" issue of the magazine.
Cost: $70 for the first entry, and $35 for each entry thereafter
Deadline:  January 16, 2006

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Oh, interesting, I didn't know about the Golden George awards.  Not that I'll have anything ready that fast bear_original

Here's one more competition, the info is on Nancy Tillberg's site
http://www.kranbearys.com/aceawards/Ace … 0index.htm

Ace Awards
The 2006 theme is 'Friendship'
Photo submission based
Cost is $30 for the first entry, $10 each additional
Entry deadline: May 15th, 2006

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Merci, Kelly!  I knew about that one but, since the deadline isn't until spring 2006, was waiting til later to panic everyone for Nancy's cause... bear_original

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Oh, but I much prefer to start panicking WAY in advance!
bear_grin

Cheers,
Kelly

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I hear ya... ! bear_original

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Thanks so much for taking the time to post these Shelli...I didn't realize everything was getting so close, especially the December one.  bear_cry
I have bookmarked this, so I can keep it fresh in my mind.
Nanc.......

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

No contests for me this December  bear_sad  I thought about it, but it was far too late to get an entry in.   bear_whistle  Ah well, gives me motivation to start planning for NEXT year  bear_flower

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Shelli, thanks. I already checked Golden George.

Are making your balerina for GG??

Shelli,
I cannot read the files.  I downloaded  all the info for the Toby, but I cannot access it because it was written on WORD...I have WORKS.
Any ideas?
Nancy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I think it is very thoughtful of you to post this info-especially for the folks who are new to the bear world and have never participated.....and I really like that you included the links.

Thanks Shel

How do you do it all?

dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I don't do it all.  I haven't sold anything in weeks, and it's Christmastime... and I have only one piece ready for the competitions, which is very nice I think, but not as "dressed" as some of the "dressed" entries will be, so it makes an unlikely nomination.

See?  Proof positive that you just CAN'T do it all... despite appearances.

bear_original

Shelllll....read 3 posts up.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Nancy, your best bet is to go to the TEDDY BEAR & FRIENDS forum and ask the question of them directly.  Their contest deadline isn't until mid-January so you have more cushion of time with them.

Mindy Kinsey regularly checks messages on the board and I'm sure will be more than ready to help you.  I've found her very pleasant to deal with when I've posted there in the past!

The link to the TB&F forum is:  http://www.teddybearandfriends.com/forum/index.php?

Good luck!

Thank you Shelli...I thought maybe there was a different way that you knew about, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered you.
I will contact Mindy ... she called me one time about a felted bear I made, so I do know her 'a little' !
Thanks Shel,
Nancy........

Board footer