Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Silly question but........................................What does Christmas taste like to you? 

bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes

To me it tastes like marzipan and turkey and satsumas.

Jane  bear_flower

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

cookies, potato filling and my mom's green onion chip dip YUM

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Oranges Mincepies and Marzipan .......

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have never had marzipan and I have no idea what satsumas are LOL

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

, roasted chestnuts done in the embers of a big log fire, witha glass of spiced wine

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Milk of Magnesia - Rennies - paracetamol

bear_wacko

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
gotobedbears wrote:

Milk of Magnesia - Rennies - paracetamol

:wacko:

LOL

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

It tastes like clementines and mulled wine...

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Mince pies....

I started early with mine this year  bear_grin  bear_tongue

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Unfortunately it tastes like sadness to me cause my Mom died at Christmas a couple of years ago.

Marion

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

So sorry Marion! I lost my Mom and Dad and a Brother as well and I know the pain. May this year be full of love, hugs, blessings, chocolate and a beautiful merlot this year!!!  From Me to you Honey!

Many Hugs louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Turkey and dressing - pumpkin pie.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Grasshopper Pie!

Yup, it's green but otherwise does not resemble a grasshopper in ANY way. Do you think I'd eat it if I did?! ICK!

It's got a chocolate cookie crust and a sort of whipped, creamy fluffy filling that has creme de minth in it......whipped cream on top and chocolate shavings. Mom has been making it since I was a little kid and no Christmas is complete without it!  bear_tongue

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Daphne, move over and let me have a piece, OK?  Never had grasshopper pie but that sounds REALLY good!

Part of my family has Pennsylvania Dutch heritage and Christmas means Shoo Fly Pie!  Sounds almost as bad as grasshopper pie, I know.  It is molasses based and crumbly and really good for breakfast!  When I was a little I used to sneak a piece (or more) out to the barn where I took lessons and share with my favorite horses, they went crazy for molasses.  Ah, memories.

The other side of my family has British heritage, and their thing is onion sauce. It is made with heavy cream and very, very good... it will kill the taste of just about anything you put it on, which is great if you're not too into veggies, or turkey, or whatever else is on your plate.

Personally, I've been trying to start some new traditions.  My current holiday favorite is lemon roasted chicken with tart cherry stuffing.  Yum!  I'm beginning to think we need to start swapping recipes, this thread sounds way too good.

Oh man, am I hungry now
bear_smile

Cheers,
Kelly

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Actually, Kelly . . . we do have a recipe thread - maybe if you do a search??

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Thanks Sue Ann, had no idea and will search it out.  How can you tell I can't keep track of all the conversations in this delightfully busy place?
bear_grin

Hugs,
Kelly

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh Christmas to me means cold Turkey, cold Ham, loads of salads, triffle and feeling really fat and full LOL

Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Springles, which is an anis and rum flavored cookie, lepchuken, which is basically a gingerbread cookie with dried fruit and nuts in itn and marzipan, yum.....but the best?

chocolate

of course......

b026.gif

dilu's dentist loves Christmas

PS of course, I am joking....no one gets

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

For me, I'd have to say homemade eggnog with fresh ground nutmeg!  Alcoholic or not, or even the prepared kind right out of the carton!  i can't get enough of the stuff!  Good thing it's not readily available year round... it's just unbelievably BAD for you!!!!!!!  Worse than drinking a quart of the richest vanilla ice cream!

And candy canes!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Magic Cookie Bars, sparkling apple cider, gravy and mashed potatoes, Kahlua pecan pie, some incredibly-long-roasting-meat-dish (turkey or honey ham), and Sandies (a.k.a. Tea Cookies)

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

roast_beef_prev.jpgLots of plum pudding and sea food  bear_grin  :lol:and bake dinner

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Homemade fudge when it's still warm...hot buttered rum...snowshoes (hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps)...candy canes...

My mom and I use to make candy together when I was a kid...fudge, divinity, caramels, peanut brittle...you name it...we made it.  She'd always let me have a piece or two or three of the fudge before it was completely cooled...YUMMMMMMMM!!

And since I no longer drink...well...the hot buttered rum and snowshoes are only a memory as well.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Chocolate truffles, all flavors. bear_wub
Homemade fudge, Sugar cookies, MMMMMMMMmmmmmm.  bear_wub  bear_wub
Satsuma's are plums!!!!!We make hot cinnamon plum tart.  bear_grin     
Christmas is all the good stuff we wait all year to over eat!!!!!! bear_cool

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Who knew one could get fat just by reading posts on the computer! HA! HA! HA!  bear_laugh   bear_laugh 

Maybe I could hop into Santa's sleigh and sneak down your chimney's and raid your refrigerators on Christmas eve??????  bear_whistle  Hmmm.... eventaully I wouldn't make it back UP the chimney and one of you would find me rolling on the floor under your Christmas tree... fat and happy!   bear_tongue   bear_grin

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

My mum would make a plum pudding and every one had to have a stir for good luck ,and she would fill it up with threepences and hope  we didnt all  choke to death  bear_grin  bear_grin

Board footer