Todmorden West Yorkshire

Deck the Halls with Bears and Honey,
fa la la la laa la la la laa
Christmas Blessings from Todmorden West yorkshire
christmaslights2002.jpg

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

wow, that's very cool.
I would love to see anything overseas. Canada is such a new country that I would love to see older buildings like that.
Thanks for sharing

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Heather, we should go to Europe together, me and you -- just a chick trip.  We'll stay at the teddy bear makers' homes!  (Right, ladies and gents?)  Two weeks makes for a nice, tiring, well-rounded chunk of travel time.

I'm into the trekking-with-a-backpack-thing and the Eurailpass thing, even at my ever-ripening age!; just feels more "authentic" to travel that way.  I can speak/understand enough German to get us through Switzerland/Germany/Austria wtihout a lot of problems.  I also "get" the concept behind the public transportation systems, even though I haven't remotely memorized how to use them or how they work.   

I was last in Europe on a tour from Paris to Rome in June 2003, and lived in Zurich in 1989-90.  The entire continent... and I'm sure, everything past its borders, extending outward (Russia, China, Japan, where I've never been)... is steeped in history and has the most wonderful patina of age and experience and, just, time.  I love travelling there.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Shelli, You would be more than welcome to come and stay with us.  Hugs Rita x

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Okay Shelli,
My bags are packed. You ready yet??? Can we stop at Amsterdam?? LOL

Imagine, raiding mohair stashes from around the world!

And yes, we must backpack. It's the only way to eat the really authentic food ( Cheap ) and see it as the locals do. At least that's what I think, never having backpacked before.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh what a beautiful site ! thank you for posting.  bear_laugh

Please take me to  Europe too!  My back pack(and bear) is ready.  bear_grin  yay !

Hugs/Marie

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Thank you for the wonderful pic!

My fiancee and I plan to honeymoon in Europe IF we ever really get married!  bear_grin  First stop: Poland, as that is where he's from. Two weeks minimum is a must.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

I can't see it all  bear_sad  but what I do see Happy Christmas from Toddington is lovely bear_grin thankyou

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Shelli -
I guess that I would get left behind here state's side... he he.

Someday I would like to travel to Europe and see all the sights.
I was going to go to Germany while in school, but I ran out of money before that semester. Oh well.
My German is really rusty. I haven't read or spoken any in such a long time.
I would most likely get us all suck in a barn eating hay and milking the cows for free. he he...

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Heather said       

Imagine, raiding mohair stashes from around the world! And yes, we must backpack.

Heather and Shelli I can just imagine both of you with your backpacks on your backs loaded with mohair. The picture in my mind is like two human turtles on their backs with limbs flapping around trying to get their owners into an upright position...get the picture? ha, ha!!!

Sorry, I'm being a little naughty here! hee, hee

Jane  bear_flower

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I can only see a bit but it looks good

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh please ,Heather and Shelli ,can I come too, I've always dreamed of that trip and the hubby has no desire (he wants to go on cruise ships) so I promise I would behave and carry my share if I could go,please,please!

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

if you cant see all the pic, you can right click on it and save to your computer and look in you pictures file, then you will see the stained glass window of St Marys church.
I love the Idea of you all invading the E U on a mohair hunt there is a mohair  factory just about 15 miles from me I better warn them!!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_flower I can see it, and its lovely!!!  bear_flower  Thanks for the lovely greetings  bear_wub

I've taken three trips to the UK, visiting my pony friends and breeders.  It really is best to just grab a backpack, pack light and go for it!!!  My first trip over, I spent three weeks and literally travelled ALL over the UK.  Its so much fun going with the natives, because they know all the best places to eat, drink, and see the sights.  bear_thumb

I've looked at doing a teddy tour before, but I'm afraid of coming back with half the Continent's bears  bear_grin !

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

I can see all the picture today Estelle it is lovely ..... and I love your new avatar

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

thanks thought I'd have something new for Christmas  :dance:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

What a beautiful picture! Thank you for sharing, Estelle.  bear_wub and Happy Holidays to you too!

I love to travel and see sights form around the world.
I'm utterly envious of all of you who have been to Europe!  bear_original  I would love to go myself some day. There are so many places I'd like to go to, I''ll never have the time to see them all let alone the money! So seeing pics from far away places is the next best thing. In fact, it's one of my favorite things about TT.... well, next to the people here... and the bears... and the people...

hugs,
Bonnie

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Thanks for the pic, Estelle!  I would like to go to Europe around Christmas time, especially the Christmas markets in Germany.  Both times I've been in the summer.  I've been to London twice and Edinburgh once, but I would like to drive around the countryside in both countries and also maybe go to Wales.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks for sharing the photo Estelle - Todmorden looks a beautiful place.
Will you have snow for Christmas?
I like your Christmas Avatar and nice to see you are getting into the Christmas spirit!
Christmas greetings to you.

Hugs
Carolyn

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

226471.jpgI say, come one, come all!  I'm only 32.7% kidding.  I'd love to go to Europe, anytime, anywhere.  Or Japan, or China.  Or Russia.  Or Australia.  Or New Zealand.  Or Fiji.  (PS  That's what having good credit is for, friends; live now, pay later!)

Jared, of course you can come too!  You like bears, so you'd fit right in with us, natch.  We could take over an entire train car.  Too fun!  Who's bringing the Toblerone?  Heck... we can buy it there!

I saw precious little of the UK while in Europe but one of the most, most, most amazing things I saw was a celebration called FASNACHT in Basel, Switzerland.  I'm gonna have too go look it up so I don't sound like a complete dummy, because I can't really tell you the history or origins. 

But basically, you get up at, like, 4:00 a.m., and go out into the streets of town on a particular day, and it's entirely pitch black; the city turns the lights completely off (or, at least, they did, in 1990, when I went.)  And then this amazing parade starts, with bands playing.  But it's not the American-type marching band, peppy stuff we're used to with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, or like at football games.  It's so much richer and scarier and more colorful and cool than that!  People are dressed in THE most amazing costumes; sort of like Mardi Gras, but spooky... like a Venetian masked ball.  Huge headpieces; colorful outfits.  Music.  All in the dark.  And almost every costume has some kind of built in lamp or light; that's how you can see it all.  It's like the Disney Main Street Electrical Parade (for those of you old enough to have seen it before it evaporated from the living world)... but without Disney.

Gonna go grab some info on it now.  But that's the kind of thing I don't think you could find just anywhere.  One website called it Basel's "ancient carnival parade."  Sure couldn't find "ancient" in California, when it comes to cultural events.  That I know for sure.

About Basel Fasnacht:  http://www.fasnacht.ch/?pm_1=21&mid=21
http://www.fasnacht.ch/?pm_1=21&pm_2=34&mid=34
http://www.starswebworx.ch/starsweb/swi … Morgen.htm

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Shelli -
If I go it will have to be longer than 2 weeks. I am thinking like 2 years.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

HAHA!  Yes, well... that's nice, too.  I did a 1.75 year stint in Zurich myself back in the day.  But one does get homesick...

bear_original

Board footer