Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

kynthia Posts: 140

Hi.. I'm new to bear making & I have a rather silly question to ask.  :redface:

I just bought a bag of soft plastic pellets. When i opened it, the pellets are powdery & when i press it hard, it is easily moulded. (Am i making sense?)

What i want to know is, is it normal for the pellets to be this soft and powdery? The powder seems to be coming off from the pellets itself. From pictures in the internet, the plastic pellets don seem to be as powdery as mine.  bear_wacko It's my first time using these pellets.  Can anyone help? Thank you!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub I have never seen or felt soft pellets, working for a plastics company I get my pellets from here.  All pellets are hard and round and smooth.  I am not sure what kind you are referring to but the kind I use are hard.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I use silicone pellets (baby fat) they are not powdery but they are not clear like plastic pellets are, they are milky in color, when you press them they will mold, they are not as hard as plastic.  This may be what you have, they are also not as heavy as plastic.  I don't know about the powder, but I like silicone, maybe the powder makes them move better?  Why not contact the seller and ask them more details.
Joanne

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Baby Fat !!!!!!!!  what about cottage cheese thighs?  then i can get rid of mine  :crackup:

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

LOL,  me too
Joanne

kynthia Posts: 140

hahaha... i'll gladly donate all my fats too!  bear_grin

Thanks all. I don't think mine is silicone pellets though. i think i will just use them since it's already bought. Doesnt seem to have any other problem besides being powdery & soft.  bear_tongue  Don't think it will harm my bear though. haha..

Board footer