Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

crisw Posts: 12

As you may know, Intercals' been advertising mohair with nap reversal, but there isn't a picture of it. What exactly in nap reversal, and how does it affect bear construction?

adamsgirl Cheektowaga, New York

Hello!
Nap reversal is generally not a problem!  The nap of a fabric is the direction that the fur was woven in the backing.  Reversal of the nap just means that the nap is going in the opposite direction that it was woven.  To fix, you can just dampen the fur and brush in the right direction or steam the area!
Hope I helped!
Darleen

crisw Posts: 12

Thanks! Since it's on sale for $39.95 a yard, it may be worth playing with! I've been wanting something to do natural dyeing with (I did a bunch of skeins of yarn for my sister for Xmas and have lots of supplies left over; everything from indigo to cochineal)- that would be fun!

adamsgirl Cheektowaga, New York

Oh yes, I purchased the same fabric before and have no problems with it!  Great quality mohair for the price!  If you have any questions when you receive it, just email me!  Love to Help if I Can!!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

WOW - only $39.95 a YARD!
I'm going to check this out - even with postage costs to the UK it is really cheap. Plenty to play around with - i can try out new dying technics and if it goes wrong - who cares

Penny bear_tongue

Board footer