Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi .I just received a message from Bear  :hug:  Pile saying that I had an order for a bear.I have been listed on Bear Pile for a few months now but have never been contacted by anyone until now.Please help me to know what I should do next.How do I accept payment to my paypal through there instead of ebay which is the only thing I know? How do I make sure it is "for real" and not a scam. I have had my share of wonky emails lately and I am a bit nervous.   :doh:   Please help me figure this all out so I don't leave this poor buyer hanging for too long.Thanks,Shari.  :hug:    bear_wub   bear_wub

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I don't know anything about Bear Pile, but if you know the buyer's email address you can send them an invoice through Paypal. Log into your Paypal account, then go to Request Money tab at the top of the page. Then you'll have a form to fill out which is pretty self-expanatory. Hope this helps.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Yes,it does,thanks so much!  bear_wub   :hug:

You're most welcome!  bear_wub

Also, after they pay, you'll receive an email message from paypal to notify you. Just like they do for an ebay item. And I say, if they give you money...it's for real!

Congrats on the sale!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Yay  :dance:  Congratulations Shari !!!!  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Shari,

A while ago on Bear pile there was someone from Nigeria who was wanting to buy everyones Bears
They wanted to buy two of mine.
That is why they put a warning  of a scam, that was going around.
Can you email them and find out where they are from? Good luck and I hope that they are a genuine
Bear collector.

Hugs
Carolyn

Densteds Densteds
Website

Shari, be very careful, I've had emails via bearpile asking to buy my bears and as Carolyn said they were from Nigeria...it's a con, you send the bear and then they do a charge back on their credit card...viola!! they have the bear & YOUR money!!

hugs,
Denise.

Dilu Posts: 8,574
Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no, how scary.....  bear_cry
Shari, please be careful...
I hope your buyer is genuine bear collector.  bear_innocent

Carolyn and Denise, thanks for your information !  :hug:

Hugs/Marie

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I too had two emails, supposedly from two different people (although they never say their name), however the wording was IDENTICAL and they never mentioned my name or the name of the bear they wanted to buy...  They just said "I have seen this wonderful item and would like to know how I can buy it.....".  I replied to both emails to ask where they were from, to confirm which bear they were interested in and to ask if they'd like to join my mailing list... never heard back from either...  So do be very careful... having said all this it could be genuine and I hope so for your sake :)

Hugs
Catherine

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh,I'm so nervous,there is an address in Atlanta ,a hotmail address and a phone number. The email does say they saw my wonderful item (just like the Nigerian ones) and that they would like to order my item.It then says to contact them if there is a problem or if the item is no longer available. I emailed and told them I would get the postage price to Atlanta and contact them today. Oh , I don't know what to think.  bear_cry    bear_wacko   bear_noexpression

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I have had several of these fake nigerian orders they have evn managed to find my private e-mail address that I dont post and only give out to friends. There have been warnings on British T V allerting people to them, they offer to buy something not only Teddies, make some excuse about having to send substantialy more than the asking price because of some currencey thing and ask you to send a refund of the difference.
There money then doesent come through and you are out of pocket. They are sending mail now just using a mans name and you dont see the Nigeria bit straight off.
PLEASE DO NOT BE COUGHT OUT BY E_MAILS  FROM NIGERIA

Densteds Densteds
Website

Shari, did they tell you the bear they were interested in purchasing?

It sounds a bit fishy to me!! especially it being a hotmail address.
I would say the only safe way would be to only accept a money order from them...don't accept paypal

I did have a sale through bearpile a lady saw one of my bears and wanted one something the same, she had a legitimate email address and it was a real coincidence it turned out she only lived a couple of miles from me, I finished up making two bears for her. She came and collected them & paid cash...

I really hope it is a genuine enquiry, let us know how it goes...

big hugs,
Denise.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Guys, when someone hits the contact seller about this bear one Bear Pile, the standard email that is sent is what has been mentioned!!!!!!

I know I've had a few people contact me about bears, and then loose interest.. but there's nothing fishy about the emails.  I think Bear Pile uses a standard email (which people can add to or change if they want) so that people actually know that the contact has been made through that site.

Hope this helps! I don't want to see anyone loosing sales due to this!
Danni

Densteds Densteds
Website

Danni...I'm not saying the initial email from bearpile is fishy I know they have an automated email...I just don't like hotmail addresses...you can't verify who they are.. so to be on the safe side a money order would be the way to go.

My husband was a bank manager for 25 years, he's made me very wary of credit card payments, it's so easy to do a charge back. When you're dealing with people on ebay you can make a judgement by their feedback, with bearpile you have nothing to go by.

hugs,
Denise.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

ALL BEAR PILE EMAILS START WITH "i saw this bear on bear pile and was interested..." if you go to email someone it has that already filled in to the message thing! 

I have adopted from bearpile and adopted out of bearpile... just be careful, thats all bear_original but be aware of nigerian emails... that was an email I got at work saying that there were lots of "scams"

hope this helped!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

ALSO if you get a message from bearpile, you will also get one from DStack at bearpile reminding you to do your 10% commission if you signed up for that option... I would just get the potential buyer in conversation, usually if they are trying to scam you, they wont waste their time on "chatting"

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Shari, if she's included her telephone number in her email (and yes, ALL Bearpile orders start out with that!)  I would think this is probably a genuine order! 

What I do is I contact the person right away via email and say "thank you for your interest in xxx bear.  Yes, he is still available.  How would you like to pay his adoption fee?  I accept Paypal, money order..... and so on.

I have sold more than several bears via Bearpile and found some regular collectors thru them!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I agree with LL.... i have gained a great customer through bearpile!

Shari, I do hope everything works out for the best.

Board footer