Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

douglas-small.jpgdouglas-small-2.jpgIMG_4042_edited_small.jpgI have a new bear I will be posting on ebay later this evening.  His name is Douglas.  I have been working a a new technique with the last couple of bears.  I have felted his muzzle as always, I love to felt the muzzle because I can get it exactly the shape I want.  Now I have been adding mohair strand by strand, (it roots nicely,) and trimming,  so it blends perfectly into the rest of his fur.  I have been having great fun, the combinations are only limited to the colors of mohair on hand.  Great way to use up the scraps, no more throwing away.

Douglas is 8" tall, Helmbold mohair, taxidermy eyes, leather paws, epoxy claws, felted and waxed nose.

He will be on ebay for a week, I will post a link later when the auction begins.
thanks for looking
Joanne

You can also view him on my webiste, and info about his reserve is listed there.

Here is his ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 0172514444

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Joanne, Douglas is absolutely gorgeous!!  I love what you have done to the muzzle, it looks so real.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

What a great idea, Joanne! I can imagine how time-consuming it must be to add mohair strand by strand, but the result is gorgeous. (And if we were worried about what is time-consuming, making bears by hand would definitely be the wrong activity:)

Douglas is a little gem.

Becky

Bloomsburg, PA

Thank you Eva and Becky, I am really trying to get to the "looks real"
Joanne

avateddy Posts: 1,361

Great bear. Douglas look soooooooooooo real and he has soooooooooooo  great expression  bear_wub

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

He looks absolutely perfect! What an adorable face! I love everything about this bear.

You have to be patient to make such a bear, hehehehehe! bear_tongue

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Oh Joanne,

Douglas is perfect! bear_thumb
Look at those eyes and them feet! bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes
Well done you !

Love kayx. bear_wub  bear_wub

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Douglas is a precious bear!  So much work & detail and adorable as well!  Love his nose... the wax really brings out it's realistic shape!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

NatalyTools NatalyTools
Kurgan, Russia
Website

Joanna, you fairy! such a good bear-like hug him!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Awesome bear! I love the new technique, the final result is wonderful and blends in perfectly. Well worth all the extra effort it must take to accomplish.  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

bearyfun732 Cutiepie Bears

how cute!! bear_laugh  bear_laugh the tecnique you used for the snout is really neat. bear_original

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Oh my goodness.....Douglas is simply amazing!!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap: He looks so real.....the eyes, the paws, the claws, the nose, the overall design...just everything!   bear_wub I love his muzzle...what a great idea and technique!  Totally worth your time putting those mohair strands in! bear_thumb

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub I LOVE DOUGLAS  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

He's absolutely outstanding Joanne......your bears are simply wonderful  bear_wub

Hugs
Janice

Bloomsburg, PA

Thank you everyone,  I am so glad he is liked.  The muzzle took what seemed like forever, but I can say I am happy with the finished product.
Joanne

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

He is adorable, I love everything about him!!  bear_wub

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Little Douglas is absolutely gorgeous.  I am speechless.....

I hope he does really well!

Hugs

Sue

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

WOW!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap: He's an absolute dream!   bear_wub

Warmly,
Cheryl

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

...a terrific bear ...love his expression and detail.Mikki

scruffiebears Posts: 318
Website

Douglas is adorable. I love him.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

He is gorgeous! bear_wub

Bloomsburg, PA

Thank you everyone.  Your feedback here means a great deal to me.
Joanne

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

He is absolutely wonderful Joanne-I love him bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: really exquisite - and really exquisitely done.  a beautiful, beautiful bear  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Oh you have done it again to me. I have fallen in love! Douglas is extraordinary. Everything about him is fabulous. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Beth

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hi Joanne, I really love Douglas, he's brilliant, you are so clever  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

Board footer