Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

k025.gif

My hubby is trying to find a bear.  I asked how he was going about it.

He said he was looking at the pictures of the artists.

"You are basing your choice of an artist bear based on the photo of the artist?"

"Yep."

"Why?"

"Because I think their bears will be cute like they are."     p020.gif  n010.gif  e020.gif  p010.gif  c010.gif  a030.gif

I roll my eyes here.

"What?"  he asks, "don't you guys look like your bears kind of like owners look like their dogs?"

"What about the gollies?"    a010.gif

"My point exactly!"  Obviously pleased with himself.      e035.gif

hmmmmmm   I think, as I pull up JazzyRag's site.......to show him JazzyFran's sister's African Queens.....(Fantastic by the way, truly works of art.)

"So do you think Fran's sister has an elongated neck?"

"Well of couse not, don't be silly, but I bet she's cute."     a010.gif

Last time I checked he was exhausted......surfing fatique    f045.gif

"Do you know how many of you there are?"  he asks.

"Roughly, yes..."   a080.gif  a080.gif  a080.gif

"And so many of the artists are cute, elegant or beautiful.  How do I decide?"

It's going to be a long month........ 252.png

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Lol! Too funny!  d050.gif

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

All I have to say about that, Dilu, is... thank goodness he isn't shopping for lingerie.

bear_innocent  bear_tongue  bear_original  bear_laugh

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

c024.gif c008.gif  c045.gif 
Oh, my side hurts.
How sweet, really!
But I don't think you look like your gollies or Fran's sister like her dolls so we just blew that theory right out the window! Had I known he was going to base his choice on our picture I would have done a little more touching up! Better yet, used a picture of the younger me!  c018.gif

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

HEE, HEE . . . what a cute hubby you have, Dilu!!  Is he giving the bear to you or is it for himself??  (snicker)  Woohoo, if my Paul were searching for a bear for ME, I would certainly be giving him some input!!

ellen ontario, canada

good grief!!  what a story Dilu.  thank you!  you make my day most days!!
bear_original  bear_flower

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Dilu darling...show him a picture of my daughter...and tell him it's me...  bear_grin   She's stolen my looks and my body from my youth...the brat.  He doesn't have to know I've grown into a chubby version...it'll be our little secret.  bear_grin    bear_grin    bear_grin

256.png

AT LEAST I HOPE THIS IS WHAT HE'S THINKING   a035.gif

He has tried so hard......I am giving input but I think it goes over his head....he has that glazed look......you know the one I mean......

and then he went to e-bay

"what's wrong with this artist?"

"nothing"

"nothing what?"

"Well.....she isn't one of ours ....."

"has to be from Teddytalk?"

"no"

"Well what then......"

"Can be from Nancy's too....."  b018.gif

u040.gif

I did very gently suggest he should start a couple of months before my birthday or contact his choice wayyyyyyyyyyy ahead of time....... :dance:

Pooor dear.....and he is a dear......doesn't realize that sometimes preplanning helps.....it's not like this is the Grant's Pass JC Pennys

bear_grin

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh my gosh!! bear_whistle I love love this thread! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin I thank you Dilu's Hubby!!! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin I agree with Shelli! Don't let the man buy you lingerie Dilu!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL Yeah lingerie - I have always thought it's a gift for HIM not for the lady LOL

What a funny hubby - he sounds cute!

Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Di I just love this guy of yours!

My husband wouldn't even think of buying a bear. As for looking at the pictures of artists to find a bear...well that

lets my bears  out unless he wants a short,fat, tatty, old ted that can't stand up without wobbling. 

bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle 

I hope he buys something wonderful!!!!!!

Jane  bear_flower

Pipa UK

Ohh Dilu that is soo funny hehe

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Oh my goodness dilu! This is hilarious!  Shelli, you crack me up! 

I am kind of the same way, I will go for a TT artist's bear before any others bear_original 

:hug:

......dateline Oregon........

no bears on the horizon, but he has sent out an e-mail or two.......sigh  n035.gif

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Dilu, this is too funny!!  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

It's sweet that your husband is putting so much effort into finding you a bear even if his methods are unusual. 

....At least I hope they're unusual,  'coz if other people base their bear-buying on how cute the artist is... I'm sunk before I even get started!!!  bear_cry  lol  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Bonnie

What is sometimes hard for all of us to grasp, is that what a guy in his mid 50's thinks is cute is, well, a wide array of different things.

He doesn't care how old a lady is, he goes for the smile, the eyes, and if she looks like she's got spunk.

He isn't big an gals that can't stand toe to toe and give as good as they get.....

course here standing toe to toe ends up in tickel fests.....hard to old on to a grudge when you are getting tickeled....

I started a favorites on e-bay......I'm not hlding my breath

medium-smiley-075.gifmedium-smiley-081.gifmedium-smiley-076.gif

Board footer