Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, what are some other safe ways to accept money from Hong Kong other than Paypal..............suggestions please, thanks!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I would think either a bank transfer or an international money order.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Tami,

As a banker myself, I would definitely choose for an international bank transfer.  BUT : you must take into account that banksdon't anything for free (how else would they pay my huge salary  bear_whistle ).  Your client has the possibilty to choose between : all bank charges to be paid by the beneficiary (i.e. you), or to be shared between both parties, or to be paid by your client.  If your client is prepared to take all bank charges for his/her account, there is no problem.  But otherwise I advise you to contact your bank and check how much they will charge you for a payment from Hong-Kong.  For small amounts this can be a considerable cost and I think you have to calculate it in the price of your bear.

Also state clearly in what currency you want your payment  !

Hugs,  :hug:

Peterbear

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I'm afraid both my hubby and I (who both have international collectors) only accept Paypal from anywhere outside of the US.  The reason is because of what Peter has stated - the HUGE bank fees.  Last time we checked it was near $80 in fees for our bank  bear_wacko   Once hubby explained this to his collector, he understood why he only accepted Paypal

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Laura Lynn,
You are so right.
The bank fees are so high!!
Pay Pal is the way to go if you can. :)
I know that's not what you asked Tami. bear_sad
Sorry I'm of no help. bear_sad

FrizzyBear New York

Paypal..........isn't it a shame that there seems to be no competition for ebay and paypal?   bear_tongue  I'm ready for something other than the two of them to finally arrive and be equally successful.   bear_rolleyes

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Yes paypal seems to be the best! Wish we all had more options! thanks all!

Board footer