Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kynthia Posts: 140

i'm wondering if anyone can help me?

i have recently needlefelted my first bear for a friend and she has requested to make it into a keychain if possible. So i'm trying to think of how i can attach the keychain to the bear but i cant seem to figure out how exactly to sew it so that it will will be firmly attached to the bear without dropping out?  bear_wacko

i'm thinking to sew a little hoop with some thick thread on its head so that i can attach it to the keychain but since the bear is needlefelted, i'm not sure if it will stay on.

has anyone done this before or able to offer any suggestions? Thank you!

talesia Posts: 54

Hello
I would do something by using cotter pin as you would do for head with move any side. I 'l at least try.
good luck

AussieFelts AussieFelts
South Australia

If the bears head is needle felted firmly it will stay on but it might still show signs of pulling depending on how it's handled.  You could tie a ribbon firmly around it's neck and use that as the anchor for the hoop....perhaps using a few stitches through the ribbon and into the bear to make sure that the ribbon won't come off so the bear isn't lost...the keychain coming from that point may not give the look you are after though.

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Just a thought but maybe you could run a heavy thread down through the top of the head to come out between the legs and then back up through to the top of the head.  Like a thread joint and then attached the key ring to that.

AussieFelts AussieFelts
South Australia

:clap:  Great idea Eva!  I would never have thought of that!

kynthia Posts: 140

thank you everyone for your suggestions! i did the same way as Eva mentioned. only i went through with the thread multiple times in case it didnt hold  :redface:

he can be seen here:  :dance:
http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php … 01#p404701

Board footer