Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

SarahAndPresedentObama2009-23.jpg

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Good question...

Looks like this is the wax president on the photo, not the real one... or am I wrong and your did daughter really meet him?????  bear_wacko

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Jane,

I was completely fooled by the photograph  bear_grin .

Would it be so incredible that Sarah met Mr.  President ???

Unless Sophie had mentioned the possibility of a wax president, I would never have thought of that !   
I thought it might have been a Photoshop trick...

Sarah can keep the photo for her children and grandchildren and tell them she met the first black president who was seven feet tall  :crackup: .

Hugs,   :hug:

Peterbear

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  He is pretty tall - over 6 feet - and he was in England not too long ago, so it wouldn't be impossible.  Did the Queen like Michelle as well as our media reported?  I read in our local paper that they were very friendly.  Cute photo of Sarah!

Krys SoCal
SueAnn wrote:

He is pretty tall - over 6 feet -

He is just shy of 6 feet, 2 inches. Michelle Obama is 5 feet, 11 inches in flats.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Great photo Jane  bear_grin of Sarah and the President.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

It's not Pres Obama.

I haven't followed the conversation until tonight, but just a glance at the photo tells me that it's not my my 'home-town President'.

Whoever the artist was - it's 'close' - it's good, but it's Not Quite....!'

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Bobbie, actually the picture was taken with a mobile phone and neither the President or Sarah look good in the picture. The President wax-work looks far better if you see it up close. I still can't get over just how tiny my daughter looks standing there by him.  bear_grin

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Oh Jane! I didn't state that very well, did I?? Sarah is cute as a button! Her big grin shows her sparkling personality; I suspect she inherited that from you.
While I know you only from this list and can only peek into your life from that I suspect you put up with a lot that we don't know about, yet come up smiling and put that smile back on your face. You make a conscious Choice to be bright and cheerful. So that's not what I meant...

It's the wax work artists that I was referring to; I have never seen one that has made me second-guess myself. A 'Is it or isn't it?' question. Somehow they never quite capture the contours and colorings..... I suppose it would take an actual face casting to get that right.

But we were addressing relative size, which IS amazing!

hggzzz ~ B

Board footer