Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

C027.jpgHi everyone,

I'd like to introduce you all to Leroy the chinchilla. I made him for a really lovely TT member in memory of the real Leroy who sadly passed away earlier this year. I didn't know much about chinchilla's before this project but now that I know more I'd rather like to keep one myself. My better half has said no way though, what a rotten spoil sport he is! Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed working on Leroy and I've become really rather attached to him. I hope you like him too.

c034.jpg

Regards

Lisa

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

OMG he is amazing, i am in love  bear_wub  bear_wub  I can see why you want one for yourself.
Fantastic work Lisa  :hug:

Hugs  :hug:
Vicki xx

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Lisa,

Leroy is Wow! bear_thumb
Well done you, he's very real. bear_grin

Love kayx. bear_wub  bear_wub

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

I wanna stroke him !  bear_grin

He is too adorable for words Lisa  bear_wub  I'm sure that our TT member will be so delighted and comforted by such
a gorgeous boy .  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Huggies , Ruth

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Oh my goodness!!!  He's is absolutely amazingly adorable!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Great work!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap: I can see why you are attached to him.  Plans for any more in the future?
Warmly,
Cheryl

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub How wonderful, Julia from EMO bears would love this since she has chincillas, as pets.  Great work.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Oh my gosh, Leroy looks real.  I love him.  I would want to keep him.
Joanne

JRB CREATIONS JRB CREATIONS
New Carlisle, IN

OMG!  He is soooo adorable!!  I also have a chinchilla that looks exactly like this, his name is Gizmo.  He is a wonderful pet!  My heart goes out to our TT member who lost Leroy   :hug:    It is very easy to become attached to these little balls of fur!  You have done such a wonderful job capturing his little personality!!   bear_thumb  bear_wub

*Jeannette

sonblestbears Son Blest Bears
Geetingsville, Indiana
Website

Awww, what a lovely way to remember sweet Leroy....you did an AMAZING job!! WOW!!! He looks sooo real!!  I love him  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Beyond amazing!  He's soooo outstanding, Lisa!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

bear_grin

Well remembered Pat! Leroy is indeed coming to live with me and he is a reminder of my lost baby  bear_cry

Lisa, I can't thank you enough for this - you have done a superb job and have captured his spirit and personality perfectly. He reminds me of your cheeky little mice too  bear_wub  Can't wait until he can come and live with me and my rather lively two little monkies.

Here is Leroy the first -

PC240164.jpg

So you can see what an awesome Job Lisa has done.  bear_wub

And if you ever want any information on keeping Chinchillas as pets, feel free to contact me  bear_grin  They make awesome pets, are very entertaining (slightly messy though) and have been known to live over 20 years (although 10-15 is considered average old age) - hence why I was so gutted when my baby left me aged only 2.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  :redface: Julia, forgive me for not remembering that the chinchilla that you lost was Leroy, I knew you had lost the sweet thing but not the name.  The one from Lisa is wonderful and will always be a way to remember Leroy.  What a great thing to have.
Take care, Pat bear_wub

Goldelocs Bears Goldelocs Bears
Brisbane

He's fantastic! What a wonderful little fellow :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Lisa, you did a wonderful job!!! Leroy looks just like his namesake. Chinchillas are definitely big cute balls of fluff. I have always wanted one as a pet but was afraid the cats wouldn't get along with it.

Julia, I'm sorry to hear about the real Leroy. I didn't realize that Chinchillas usually lived so many years.

Hugs,

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Lisa... WOW!!!  What an awesome job! 

Julie I am so sorry for your loss... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_cry

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Thank you to everyone for your fabulous comments and thanks to Julia for giving me the chance to create my version of 'Leroy'.  bear_flower

Regards

Lisa

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

And thank you to everyone for your kind condolances.  :hug:

I suppose it was Karma that a couple of weeks later I was offered another Black Velvet ( the name for that colour, usual chinchillas are just grey) that had behavioural problems who needed a good home. I'm just in the process of trying to introduce my new lad (lucky) to Leroy's cagemate, Stitch ( who will be 3 in a couple of months). They seem to be getting on ok.  :pray:

svenstrup Svenstrup Originalz
Malling, Denmark

Wonderfull... he looks so cute and real - and so soft, I want to touch him.... Aww he is cute!!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Thank you Christina  bear_flower

Julia, I'll keep my fingers crossed that Stitch and Lucky turn out to be the best of friends or at the very least tolerate each other.   bear_rolleyes

Cheryl, Sorry I haven't responded to your question yet. It suppose it depends if anybody wants me to make another softie chinchilla or not.  bear_happy

Regards

Lisa

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

A few of my chinchilla friends on a forum love him Lisa, I will pass on your details - you never know!  bear_grin  bear_wub

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Lisa, based on the responses from the folks here, I think I can safely say that there is a definite market for your wonderfully, fluffly little guys! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Warmly,
Cheryl

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

OUTSTANDING work Lisa!  I love him so much  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   PLEASE make more chinchillas  :pray:

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

You have done a fantastic job Lisa...he looks so realistic and you have really captured the chinchilla look and I can see the resemblance to Leroy bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Congrats Lisa, fabulous work, very life like.  :clap:  :hug:  :hug:

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

awwww how cute is that  bear_wub  me wanty  bear_grin

Board footer