Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

HELLLLOOOOO, IM ON A BEGGING PLEA on behalf of evie my 4 yr old!!

MY 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS JUST HAD HER 1ST BIT OF HOME WORK FROM BIG SCHOOL.
THEYVE BEEN LEARNING ABOUT THE GINGERBREAD MAN AND DOING GINGER BREAD HUNTS.

SHES REALLY GETTING INTO IT AND IS VERY EXCITED ABOUT IT ALL, HER HOMEWORK WAS TO COLOUR IN A GINGERBREAD MAN PICTURE AND ASK MUMMY TO POST IT SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD, CHOSEN BY THE KIDS, MY HOMEWORK IS TO GET SOMEONE TO SEND BACK A POSTCARD, FROM THE GINGERBREAD MAN SO EVIE CAN TAKE IT INTO SCHOOL.
WHEN MY ELDEST DAUGHTER HAD HER GINGER BREAD MAN TASK SHE CHOSE HIM TO TRAVEL TO FRANCE, WHICH WAS EASY AS MY MUM LIVES THERE AND SENT US A POSTCARD.
EVIE BEING ABIT MORE ADVENTUROUS DECIDED HER GINGERBREAD MAN IS GOING TO TRAVEL THE WORLD!!

THIS IS WHY I AM ASKING FOR HELP FROM THE BEST BUNCH OF PEOPLE I KNOW (CREEP CREEP!!)
COULD ANYONE PLEASE SEND US A POSTCARD, PRETENDING TO BE THE GINGERBREAD MAN, STATING WHERE IN THE WORLD HE IS , ADRESSED TO EVIE, SHE WOULD BE EVER SO EXCITED AND I WOULD BE EVER SO GREATFUL AND WOULD BE WILLING TO RETURN THE KIND FAVOUR!( AND YOUR NAME TOO SO WE KNOW WHO HE IS VISITING!)

SO IF YOU LIVE SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD AND CAN HELP A MUM IN NEED OF HELP I WOULD PROMISE TO LOVE YOU FOREVER AND YOU WOULD PUT A HUUUGE SMILE ON A LITTLE GIRLS FACE!!!
fank you     :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
our adress is... evie gallimore
34 howard street
st helens
merseyside
wa10 3rg
united kingdom

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

That sounds like great fun! Perhaps the gingerbread man is visiting my part of the world...  bear_rolleyes

Becky

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

This is really cute and I will try to find a good postcard from my part of the world.  The Gingerbread man loves the desert. bear_original

puca bears puca bears

What fun! The ginger bread man is just  steeling himself to venture out into the downpour (!) outside to find a nice postcard for Evie.........
huggies
Maria

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Kim,

This sounds like a lot of fun  bear_laugh .  I'm quite sure the gingerbread man will pass through Belgium, but he'd better be careful he doesn't get eaten here, becasue we just love gingerbread  :crackup: .

Hugs,  :hug:

Peterbear

K Pawz Guest

What an adorable idea! I am sure that the Gingerbread man will venture into Victoria BC Canada sometime very soon  bear_happy

hugs,
Krista

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

awww, thanks you guys, she'll be over the moon!!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh how fun  bear_original I'm sure I saw him running through the rain here on  the East Coast of Canada this morning on his way to Krista's  bear_original  He sure gets around LOL.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I know I saw the Gingerbread Man taking a walk through the Adirondacks looking at all the leaves turning colors! He doesn't want to stay too long, he wants to leave before the snow falls!

pandamac

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Too funny,  The gingerbread hunt happens every year at the school where I work.  The kindergarden kids look all over the school for him.  I guess it is something the little ones do all over.  Since he has visited the kids at Catalina, He'll be letting her know about his visit to the desert.
Joanne

John Paul Port Posts: 214

Hello Kim-----I am in Hawaii for a visit, and my mother,  Beverly Matteson Port,  just called me.  She said to tell Evie,  that the Gingerbread Man just visited her in California,  near the Ocean and he loved  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   to watch the huge waves roll in !!!   She gave him one of her Gingerbears, that she made years ago, to keep him company on his travels !!!

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

thank you, you guys are the best, im getting excited myself now, it must be something they do all over joanne, their ginger bread man escaped from the oven and left flower foot prints all over the school and the kids got to go and look for him... but more close to our hearts... coming soon, the teddy bear hunt!!!!! my fave!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA
kim wrote:

thank you, you guys are the best, im getting excited myself now, it must be something they do all over joanne, their ginger bread man escaped from the oven and left flower foot prints all over the school and the kids got to go and look for him... but more close to our hearts... coming soon, the teddy bear hunt!!!!! my fave!

Exactly what they do here.  Isn't that something.

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

sounds like we have a similar day joanne, if you ever need a postcard from the gingerbread man sending to your school for the kids, id be happy to send one from the uk.
im looking forward to learning more about your parts of the world xx
my comp has now blown up so iv borrowed a laptop, as soon as im back online and the postcards arrive, ill post piccies for you all to see x

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Gee he gets around!  I have never heard of such a thing but funnily enough he appeared in Alice Springs just the other day and will send a postcard very soon!

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Oh,

I think the little bugger just ran through my backyard Kim!  Official sighting in Ontario, Canada!

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

thanks you guys, its all very exciting, just recieved our first envelope, its from you peter, i havent opened it as evie is still at school, thank you so much, ill take a picture when i give it to her and try to post it here(still having comp problems!)
she'll have the biggest smile!!!!

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

evie002.jpgthank you peterbear, what a beautiful card and letter and postcard, evie is thrilled, so much effort, thank u x
she ran around the playground showing everyone xxx

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
kim wrote:

thank you peterbear, what a beautiful card and letter and postcard, evie is thrilled, so much effort, thank u x
she ran around the playground showing everyone xxx

It was my pleasure, Kim.  Seeing the happy smile on Evie's face really made my day  bear_wub .
I hope she will get lots more cards from all over the world.  bear_flower

Hugs,  :hug:

Peterbear

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  :dance:  :clap: Looks like the GingerBread man will run right over to New Jersey in the USA, boy he sure is traveling.  I have the perfect post card.  Will mail it tomorrow.  This little girl will be so excited to receive all these cards, what fun.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Kim -- the photo of Evie is adorable!  bear_wub

I wonder whether these messages from the gingerbread man will inspire her to travel the world someday...

Becky

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

Personally, we've never heard or seen the gingerbread man here in soggy north Florida...but the cats did have their tails in a twitter about something in the back yard this afternoon   bear_rolleyes

I'd better check it out...maybe if I can corner the scalleywag I can get him to sign a postcard over to the most adorable four year old passing for a bear I've seen on this web site!   bear_grin

Gotta go...got me a gingerbread man to capture. 

Come on cats!  Sic him!

Pat

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

Hi Kim
i know i spotted the ginger bread man here in portugal enjoying our beautiful weather i think he will send a postcard if not my dogs might eat him.
what a great pic of your little girl her face is so cute... and i think the envy of the class to  bear_cool

bearhugs susan xx

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

evie012.jpgthank you maria, evie recievd her 2nd postcard today, how exciting, we hope you didnt get wet went you went out into the rain to post it. the ginger bread man sure is having fun by the sounds of things!!!
thanks again x :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

puca bears puca bears

My pleasure, Kim.............Evie is a delightful poppet, and I can imagine just how exciting this must be for her..........
and it's lots of FUN for all of us!
huggies
Maria
ps - the rain finally stopped - now it's just COLD! Frosts here, and even snow in parts of Germany, tho thankfully not here (yet!)

Board footer