Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I have a 12 year old male Maltese dog. Yesterday I noticed that his right eye was rolled to the side so that I could really see a lot of the sclera. Normally you would not see the sclera unless he was looking to the side by choice. Does anyone here know what it could be? I have researched brain tumor and blindness but his symptom does not fit the criteria for either one of these conditions. He also had two accidents over 2 days in the house ( right in front of us ) which is something he never does. I am taking him to the vet on Wed but very worried in the meantime. He is still eating and playing as per usual
Hugs
Gail

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Awwwwww poor sweety, hope everything is ok!  :hug:

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Gail is he listing (leaning) to one side?

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

A mini stroke possibly?  Sorry, hope he's feeling better soon

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

HI Everyone- thanks for your responses. He has no other symptoms other than his eye position. I am a retired nurse so know he has not had a stroke
Hugs
Gail

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Is it possible that the accidents are because his vision is off.  If his eye position has moved could he be having double vision?  Please keep us posted about what the vet has said.  I would be curious to know if this is age related.  Hope it is easily remedied.
Joanne

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

By accident I'm guessing you mean potty accident. I have no idea the cause for all of this but I wish you could get him to the vet before Wednesday! If he develops any other symptoms please try to get him in sooner. Could the eye roll perhaps make him a bit nervous at times to cause the accidents? Perhaps the two are unrelated... the accidents could simply be old age and lack of bladder control, the eye something entirely different?

Keep us posted!

Board footer