Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
Dilu Posts: 8,574

Got my TB&F.....not to be confused with PB&J.  And there are many of our friends pictures in there.  Except for  our Jared, who had extra pics of his critters which are adorable, but .......we wanna see you too Mr. J.

But I wander

OK There is our absolutely lovely Judi and she is holding MY BEAR COZY!!!!!

Cozy, baby, you're famous!!!

It was fun seeing all of you guys in the supplement.....and I just get so tickled.

You guys are great, and deserve all the accolades coming your way.....

other faces I saw:

Sandy, you look great

Terri, you look great too

Sue Ann-  honey did you know you cock your head the same way your bears do?  Too too cute, you and your little girl bear

now if in my excitement I missed anyone you have to let me know, or you have to post more so that we all know you better!

Hugs to all

dilu

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I would love to see the pictures, so if anyone has a copy of the magazine plus a scanner please could you scan it for me to see.

Thanks, Jane  bear_flower

Jane, some wires in my cable broke, or was it the gold on the contacts wore away?  I don't know but when Hubs gets back from RadioShak with a new cable I can do that for you......

:hug:
dilu

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I got my copy in the mail yesterday.  Enjoyed seeing TTers in there.  bear_original   Before TT, I really had spoken with a couple of artists, but now I feel like I know so many so it's really fun to see everyone in the magazines.  Of course, after being on here, my wish list is way too big.  Also, I want a lot more artist bears now.   bear_original

Besides Dilu's list, I saw one of Catherine's bears in the magazine in bruins n buddies section.

Plus, there's an article about needlefelting in the supplement.  I just asked about that the other day.  It shows some pics of how you make it so I can try to understand it. 

Jane, if my husband ever shows me how to use our scanner, I'll scan them for you.   bear_original

Oh neat! Chrissie, I haven't even looked at the mag yet.  Something to look forward to.

dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

how do you get in magazines??? This has probably been answered somewhere before...

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kim..... PAY!!!!! Lots!!! But it's a great way to reach collectors and us fellow artist! My first ad in TB&F paid for itself quite quickly!

Jane..... the supplement is like 20+ pages. That's where Dilu is seeing all those photos. My scanner and I fight a lot or else I'd take the time to scan those you'd know. I'm afraid the scanner would be smashed to smitherines before I got the first page scanned. Maybe hubby................ I'll ask.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kimmy...yes, like Daphne said PAY!  BUT, you can also send in photos and they may or may not use them.  I just saw my Rajah Tiger in TB& F today in an article about bear friends.  I had no idea he would be in there.  Go to thier websites and down load and print editorial submission forms.  You will need to send in a form with each photo.  It's free.

Great seeing many of you in the Whos Who...wooo hoooo like Dilu said!

I scanned the pictures in but the quality is really poor, and then when I make it small enough to post you can't read it..... bear_cry

any other ideas?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You guys who have the Who's Who supplement . . . have you looked at the back cover?  I finally made a COVER - not the front, but the back is certainly an honor, too!!!  I'm going to take a stab at scanning some of the TTers.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I SAW THAT SUE ANN!  I know it was "Sparkle Plenty" and another guy with white fur... name escapes me!  Yes... an ad for bearycheap in Australia!  I didn't know that you did patterns for them!  How cool!   

Well... I figured out why my scanner is producing such completely unreadable pics.... The glass part on the top (i think it's called a bed) anyway, I have windexed the outside surface, but the understide of the glass is just filthy!  It almost looks like a very light layer of algae or something!  OMG!  One must be able to take that off to clean it... or at least I would think! i wonder what DID that!  generally I just use my scanner for enlarging and decreasing pattern pieces, so I never really noticed it before... but when it has to be clear, it's just awful!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

whowho-Judi.jpgwhowho-Jared.jpgOkay . . . here is what I came up with.  Please let me know if I've overlooked someone.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

whowho-Lynette.jpgwhowho-Laure.jpgMore.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

whowho-Sonya.jpgwhowho-Sandy.jpgMore.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

whowho-Terrie.jpgwhowho-SueAnn.jpgLast ones.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

That is just awesome guys! Congrats! Did you all get picked randomly? I think it is awesome!

Many Hugs Louise

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Great profiles guys...will look forward to seeing it all when the mag finally lands here in about 6 months time!!  Ahh the joys of literally living at the ends of the earth   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

You all look fabulous - may it bring you lots of sales!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Incredible!  I can't wait to see the issue for myself.  Hurry, hurry, mailman...!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

congratulations to all you wonderful artists

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

bearsbybeesley wrote:

That is just awesome guys! Congrats! Did you all get picked randomly? I think it is awesome!

Many Hugs Louise

AWESOME guys!  And to answer Louise's question.... no... it's an ad just like in the regular magazine... but it's over $600.   Your space is larger than most people's "regular" ads and most people keep the Who's Who as a reference longer than the magazine.   Way to go guys!   I've GOT to start allocating more $ for my advertising... these look GREAT!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I wished you got picked, but as it has been said you pay pay pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I must wait for my copy.
Hugglets in the UK do a teddy bear guide, except it is not a profile on an artist, just your business listing. They cover the UK and the rest of the world, and it gets published every year.
http://www.hugglets.co.uk/tede-guide.html
Glenn Jackman ...  info@hugglets.co.uk ... Glenn can also be contacted for more information about this guide.

I am going to be rushing off to the Post Office every few days now to check for my copy.
Thanks for the scanned copy.
bear_thumb
Lynette.

Pipa UK

Sueann thanks for scaning in the pics it was Great to see them bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Sue Ann..YAY for the back cover!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap: ...hey.. a cover is still a cover...Your bear looks awesome!!! as always :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

That was very nice of you to take the time to scan the Whos who pix.  THANKS! bear_wub

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

For me, SueAnn...you're on the front cover...I'm an odd duck and look at my magazines backwards...back to front...I have no idea why.  I've always done it that way.

So...YAY...SueAnn's on the front (of mine at least)!!!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, I'm thrilled for you guys!!
Thanks for all the pics as well Sue Ann

Pages:

Board footer