Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

2009-12-27-002-016-300x400.jpg2009-12-27-002-012-300x400.jpgFor those who have not read the sad tale, a while back I purchased a sweet little American bear circa 1910-20.  I thought I could clean him up, well, he fell apart in my hands.  I hid him away for a long time, and recently I took him out and took him apart.  There was no saving him, so I made a pattern from his poor little body.   This is the second bear from that pattern.  There are certainly some differences that I can see to modern bears, short arms, long paw-pads on arms (they go about half way up), heavy upper body, small butt, large ears.  I did not change one thing.  She has a little heart from the original bear fabric pinned to her chest, it was just to fragile to reuse any other way.

So meet Mary, she is available from my website.

Joanne

ps  My mom got the first one for Christmas, she cried, she said it was like the bear she had when she was little, she is in her 80's.  Made me cry too.

karas bears Kara's Bears
Indiana

The sweetest bear Joanne. Loved to hear you gave the first one to your mom bear_flower

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, she's lovely, and how sweet about your mum loving her one.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Joanne, bear_flower

Mary is a sweet bear and love it that you used the pattern from the old bear.

That is so lovely that your Mother got the other bear and was like one she had ~ how beautiful.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Gorgeous!  So different from your usual adorable bears, but stunning non the less!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA
Melisa Nichols wrote:

Gorgeous!  So different from your usual adorable bears, but stunning non the less!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Yes so much simpler in design, I am enjoying simpler.  I think this next year I will be interspersing simpler into the detailed.

thank you for the nice comments everyone.

She found a new home quickly with one of my favorite bear lovers.

Joanne

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

She is gorgeous! I love her! It is wonderful that you gave her a heart using the fur from the poor original bear.  I look forward to seeing more like her from you. (I look forward to seeing any of you work) bear_original
Beth

Off The Paw Artist Bears by Lesley
East Neuk

She is absolutely beautiful, and what a great idea Joanne.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

OHHH Gorgeous Joanne!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  :dance:  :dance:

Thea-MillyMe Milly MeĀ®
Website

Joanne she is adorable. I have an old bear too......so I know what you mean. But my Boomy is still good condition, well he has marks from the time when I played with him. He travelled trough the family, but nowadays he is living on my stair case. Never give him away again, my dad bought him at a fair for his little niece in the early 50's. He passed away 11 yrs. ago, so it this bear is very special!!

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

She is very sweet indeed...

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Joanne, I am absolutely smitten!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Wonderful work, wonderful story, wonderful bear! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Heaps of Hugs,
Cheryl

pussman & co Pussman & co
Antwerp
Website

It is a beautiful bear, I love him a lot!!
Such a sweet nose  X

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

Mary is adorable Joanne, such a sweet bear  bear_wub , it was so sad that the original bear fell apart, but so good that you were able to make a new pattern and make more beautiful bears. I love the idea of the bear fabric of the original being made into a heart, a perfect ending to the tale. bear_original

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Hi Joanne,
I missed her when you first posted her but was immediately drawn to her picture today.  She is so very precious, from her sweet little face to her little dress and sweater.   I got teary eyed when I read that the first one went to your Mom and it made her cry.   The story in and of itself is so sweet and then to see the sweet bear too, that just made my day!
Hugs & Blessings,
Janice

NatalyTools NatalyTools
Kurgan, Russia
Website

I love bears in this style too!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Simply wonderful.....and what a thoughtful and heartwarming way to share the life of another bear!!  bear_wub

Board footer