Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Painted_Eyes3.JPGHi Everyone

Ok so I'm going to be brave and post a photo of my latest bear. His name's Choc Chip and he's made using Jennifer Laing's 'small bear' pattern with an alteration to the back to give him a two toned body (although it didn't work how I'd hoped but I'm so happy he kept the proportions - my own pattern next for sure!)
I'm nowhere near the standards of everyone on here yet but this is my 3rd bear and I've been making since about Oct/Nov 09. I'm completely addicted and can't stop. I'd never even picked up a needle and thread before this!
The eyes were initially crayoned but thanks to Shelli on here who taught me the love of oil paints. I gave it a go, enjoyed it so much and fell in love with it so his eyes have been redone with oils.

Hope you all like and can't wait to show you all more as my own style and techniques progress. Be gentle with me  :redface:

Richard
x

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, sweet wee bear, well done

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Richard, Choc Chip is a beautifully sweet bear! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub You did a great job!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

sandra p skye rose bears
kent
Website

he's very sweet,well done and keep up the good work
sandra

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

What a cutie!  bear_grin I really like the brown & cream mohair combination.

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Richard, he is a really cute bear.  I love the happy expression you have given him.  Keep up the great work, it is addicting.
Joanne

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

Choc Chip is great Richard,  :clap:  :clap:  He's got loads of character and the colours work really well together. Looking forward to seeing more of your bears.  bear_original

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Richard,

You did a great job on Choc Chip !  :clap:

If this is only your third bear, I am sure that the following ones will be even more lovely.  :dance:

Well done,

Peter & the bears

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Richard,

Choc chip is wonderful! bear_thumb
Well done........ your third attempt! :clap:

Cannot wait to see your own bear.

Keep it up. bear_grin

love kayx. bear_wub  bear_wub

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

I remember my first bear, A creation from dolls, bears and collectibles magazine. Ivan ( still have the pattern and the bear somewhere lol) He was very embarrassing. his eyes weren't aligned and he was out of shape because the fabric was too stretchy it was a Sherpa wool fabric. You have done very well Richard and you should be proud of him.
bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Keep up the good work and practice.

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Well done.  I love his cheeky smile!

Board footer