Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Since Teddy Talk began earlier this year I've met many wonderful people here. People who give freely, act kindly, make me laugh, share my woes, answer questions, help me out of a jam, and understand my obsession for chocolate, peanut butter and Nutella. You've been there for me thru website challenges, puppy issues and bear show disappointments. You've shared my excitement when a bear has sold, a new design has turned out well and you've done your best to keep me from peeking in that box with my Christmas Teddy in it!!!

Just as importantly you've helped my business. I've sold 5 bears to Teddy Talk members this year. Some of you have probably sold more than that, some less. But I've gained 5 new customers I never would have had other wise. I think that is so wonderful. THANK YOU!

You've also helped my artist bear collection grow as I've adopted just as many of your bears!!

It's been so encouraging to see new artists arrive and watch as styles develop. So many of you have become amazing artists right before our eyes! And those 'seasoned' artists just keep wowing us with new ideas and creations.

You are a wonderful bunch of bear-aholics and I'm so happy to be a member here!!!

So, before I get any sappier......

THANK YOU!
I LOVE YOU ALL!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
:hug:
Daphne

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Awww,Daphne.....  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub

Deb Upstate New York
Daphne wrote:

... and you've done your best to keep me from peeking in that box with my Christmas Teddy in it!!!

Does this mean we've failed?

Daphne wrote:

So, before I get any sappier......

Sappy is good.  Same good stuff, right back at ya!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Awwwwwwww Daphne....

Ditto!!!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Yes, thankyou Teddy Talk - it's the most wonderful place to be!!!!!!!!  :hug:   bear_wub

Daphne-  I couldn't have put it better myself!
Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Thank you Daphne and Thank you all Teddy Talkers out there !!!!!
Love you!!  :hug:

Marie

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Daphne,

thanks for saying just what I think so many of us would have said!!  Being anew artist, it's just wonderful to have such a great and giving Teddy Bear eCommunity.  You guys have truly shown me that giving is truly contagious and is one of the best things on earth.  You have all unselfishly given your best tips, methods, knowledge and bears for all of us to learn from and appreciate.  And in this wonderful season (my favorite indeed!) it's really hit home the selfless giving, sharing and love!

Thank you, Daphne and thank you Teddy Talkers!!!  We love you!!!!  :hug:  :clap:  bear_laugh  bear_thumb  bear_wub  bear_thumb  :hug:

Kimberly W.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Daphine, you a sweetheart! :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Isn't it interesting how the internet can bring people all over the world into intimate contact and form bonded and real friendships?  It might fascinate you to know -- or, then again, it might not! bear_original -- that I met my husband over the internet.  No, not in some tawdry chat room or via some dating service.  But our first connection was made online all the same.

I love you all, too!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Right back at ya Daphne!

Big hugs to you and that cute little fella in your avatar!   :hug:

And hugs to everyone else too.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Shelli, my daughter met her husband via a chatroom, we all chatted there, first my kids, then they introduced mom.  When "Vudu" my son introduced "CyberRacer" my son in law to "Loli" my daughter at one of their get to gethers CyberRacer thought that Vudu and Loli were going out, four years later Loli and CyberRacer will be proud parents , god willing July next year. We no longer chat on IRC anymore although I do pop in on the odd occasion.
Daphne, I agree with all you have said,  bear_thumb
Lynette

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Awww, thankyou Daphne, and you said what I've also been thinking! This place really is the best. As Kimberley says 'giving is truly contagious' - TT-ers are proof of that!

Merry Christmas to Everyone!!!!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I thank god the day i fell in to this big puddle of fun

nettie scotland
Website

What a warm fuzzy message.I haven't contributed much so far but reading all this cheered me up.I almost ripped my thumb nail of last night and I can't beleive how much pain I am in.I would rather be giving birth again and that was nippy!!!!
I don't thik I can sew today which will feel very weird indeed.
Have a lovely day everyone and hold all the nice thought
Diane xxxx

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_flower  :hug: Thanks for starting this one, Daphne!!  :hug:

I've learned so much here--I didn't know my head still had that much room in it--but most of all I've felt warmed and inspired by all of you generous and caring people! Humungous hugs to all!!  :hug:

My eldest daughter met her almost-Husband over the internet.

My youngest has just taken up needlefelting (early Christmas present) and will join TT soon! A second-generation TeddyTalker already!  bear_laugh

Eileen

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I can only agree with you Daphne and everybody else. This is a wonderful place. Just a few years ago this wasn't possible. Amazing times.

Ouch Diane, I feel with you. Five years ago I managed to rip my big toenail off. Didn't even hurt at that moment, but later, boy let me tell you. Took a year to grow back completely. It was in the middle of winter, I did it while down under where I could wear sandales, but back here I had to find the biggest shoes and walk carefully.  bear_tongue  A thumb is probably worse 'cause you use it all the time, while a foot can rest when you sit down. I hope it heals fast and the pain passes.

Lots of hugs
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Daphne, I echo your sentiments... I have only been on here for a few weeks and in that short time you have all become a big part of my life.... I have learnt alot on here and I find it amazing that so many give so freely..... thank you one and all for your wonderful inspiratation I  felt I was in a rut with the bears but I really feel inspired to try diffrent techniques, and thank you for your wonderful company.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I found TT the best place for me. ..not just bear artists but good friends to talk and share with.  :hug:

I can't image my day without browsing TT and I love being here.

Love you all! Beary warm hugs from cold Russia.  :hug:  :hug:

Julia

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!k025.gif 

e014.gif

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww I absolutely love it here too  :hug:  and ditto everything Daphne said  bear_wub

I'd be lost without all of you.....  bear_cry

xx

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Ohhhh Ditto, well said Daphne.  :clap:

nettie scotland
Website
Acipenser wrote:

I can only agree with you Daphne and everybody else. This is a wonderful place. Just a few years ago this wasn't possible. Amazing times.

Ouch Diane, I feel with you. Five years ago I managed to rip my big toenail off. Didn't even hurt at that moment, but later, boy let me tell you. Took a year to grow back completely. It was in the middle of winter, I did it while down under where I could wear sandales, but back here I had to find the biggest shoes and walk carefully.  bear_tongue  A thumb is probably worse 'cause you use it all the time, while a foot can rest when you sit down. I hope it heals fast and the pain passes.

Lots of hugs
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Oh that must have been so sore!!!!My thumb has stopped throbbing as much and I will hopefully be sewing soon.Thanks for caring.I don't feel right if I don't speak to someone on teddy talk each day.It makes you feel connected.Pats all round
Diane xxx

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh Dapn, I feel the same way too.  I couldn't have said it better. I have been busy for the past couple of weeks and haven't had much time to post.  I really miss everyone.  You guys are like an extended family and some of my bestest friends.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   bear_cry

I wish you all a blessed Christmas !

Big Fuzzy Bear Hugs, Tammy

p.s Diane take care of that thumb, it sounds very painful !

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Well said Daphne! This is a wonderful place filled with very helpful caring people, I am so glad that I found tihs site as well :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Shelli wrote:

-- that I met my husband over the internet.  No, not in some tawdry chat room or via some dating service.  But our first connection was made online all the same.

Me too! Henry and I lived in the same apartment building but for the short time I lived there he was on a work assignment out of state and so we never met or saw eachother. I just knew from the neighbors that he was a nice guy! A few months after I moved away I got an email from him!!!!!!!!! When he returned from his assignment one of the neighbors who told me about him, also told him about me and gave him my email address! We emailed for 6 months and talked on the phone a lot before ever meeting! We just celebrated our 5th  wedding anniversary Dec. 2.  bear_grin

The internet can be sooooo awesome when used safely and properly!!!!

Thanks for echoing my sentiments, everyone!  :hug:

Daphne

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Daphne you are a sweetie  bear_wub
I feel exactly the same...love this place and all the friends here...my life has been happier since coming here and thats no kidding...
love, love, love
Sarah

Board footer