Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

Teddy Bearby StandStill

I woke up one morning and realized you don't want me. You grew up awfully fast. I wish I had taken more time to love every little piece of you because now you're moving on faster and faster away from me. Pretty soon, you'll be a little speck of dust on a horizon in my memory. And that scares me, friend. You're supposed to need me. I'm your teddy bear. Remember when you got me for a Christmas present a year ago? I remember. I came out of the box and you clung to me. I was awake, then. That was when I feel like my life began. No moment before that.

I didn't belong before I belonged to you. You took me everywhere, through the playground and the dark basement. You held tight to me in the dark. And I know my head's full of fluff, but I can tell. I can just tell that you're growing older and pretty soon, I'll fall under the bed with all the other toys.

I don't really wanna die that way..

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow
Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I still have both of mine.  I was given one when I was two days old.  He was put in the incubator with me.  The other I got when I was nine monthes old.

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

That is a sad poem!  bear_cry

I still have my favorite teddy bear (Sam) from childhood.  My mom made him for me and he's a little worse for wear, but I love him just the same!   bear_wub

Masonbears Mason Bears
south east England

I still have my teddy.  I remember waking up on the Christmas morning when I was five years old and finding him in his box.  It was snowing just like it is now.  For a long time he was put away in the attic and now has pride of place in our hallway.  He is very threadbare and has been restored a little.  He is still my teddy.

Board footer