Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

teddyretirementhome Woo Bears
toronto

129000266428324960neck1.jpgHello!

I've been working my way through some patterns for small bears I have, and have even had fun modifying them to make my very "own" bear.

Now its time!  Does anyone know of a great pattern for a Classic Bear (early Steiff, etc.) with a Center Seam?  Quite happy to purchase, although freebies are always great for baby steps experimenting! bear_original Once I try the first pattern, I'll be able to create my own.  Just haven't ever made one before and would like to see how its done.

Would really appreciate any pattern suggestions!

Brenda
teddyretirementhome

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Well experimented with  bear_original

Buttercup Bears Buttercup Bears

Oh Brenda what a wonderful bear, wish I could help with the pattern but I have never seen one similar to the steiff, good luck with experimenting Hugs Lynne xxx  bear_wub

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hi Brenda,

Terry John Woods makes some fantastic Antique bears, he does have patterns available.  Here is the link to his pattern page. I am sure you will find something on there that you like and will suit you for what you want to do.

http://www.terryjohnwoods.com/menu%20patterns.htm

hugs

Shane

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

That would have been my suggestion too Shane...TJW has some great old time ted patterns. He is selling them on his website and on ebay right now too for $85 each

Good Luck to you

Kim

pussman & co Pussman & co
Antwerp
Website

that bear looks perfect for me!!

pussman & co Pussman & co
Antwerp
Website
teddyretirementhome wrote:

Hello!

I've been working my way through some patterns for small bears I have, and have even had fun modifying them to make my very "own" bear.

Now its time!  Does anyone know of a great pattern for a Classic Bear (early Steiff, etc.) with a Center Seam?  Quite happy to purchase, although freebies are always great for baby steps experimenting! bear_original Once I try the first pattern, I'll be able to create my own.  Just haven't ever made one before and would like to see how its done.

Would really appreciate any pattern suggestions!

Brenda
teddyretirementhome

What is your website??

fuzzybumbears Posts: 8

Hi

I have just bought a back issue of Teddy Bear & Friends and it has a Terry John Woods pattern in it when I get it I would be pleased to share it.  $85 for a pattern is a little over the top no matter how much I wanted to try one of his patterns.
Shirley

clare14 Country Bears
England

$85 per pattern, wowser!!  They are lovely but I nearly fell off my chair....!!   :crackup:

teddyretirementhome Woo Bears
toronto

Yes, $85 is out of my range for one of his patterns!  I've never even paid that much for a dress or designer knitting pattern...

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Are you kidding me?  Who would pay such a price for a regular old bear pattern????  AND add $10.00 to ship it?  What is he shipping it in, a gold envelope?

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I haven't checked to see but perhaps it's a kit with mohair included?   bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

beautiful bear, great job
Joanne

The $85 plus $10 shipping is for the pattern only.  A ridiculous price but people are willing to pay that price.  I guess if people are going to pay that then I guess he figures the price is justified.

joibear Tickled Pink Bears
Durango, Colorado

Ya know what they say....Whatever the market will bear....  Yikes!!

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

Shirley,

Can you let me know what Teddy Bear and Friends issue that was? I found that it was 2001, but not the month. I just wanted to read the Terry Woods piece. It mentioned that he talked about some of his aging techniques.

Barbette

Hi Barbette

It is in the October 2001 issue, but there is really very little about aging.  Just the standard tea or coffee staining, plucking, trimming abrading the fur pile or tiny holes into the paw pads.
Shirley

Ida Hands Posts: 1

I cannot find out how to get back issues of Teddy Bear and Friends.
Have you tried Linda Mullins' book "American Teddy Bear Artists"?  Ruthie, on page 13, is just the pattern you may need.  I have a made a pattern for the center seam bear for which you search, but it is not finished.  The book is around $25.  If you go to Amazon, you may find a used one for a better price.  bear_original

Board footer