Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

TBReditor Teddy Bear Review
Iola, WI

Have you created a needle-felted animal? The June 2010 issue of Teddy Bear Review will feature a roundup of needle-felted bears and other critters!

The deadline for submissions (including photos) is Wednesday, February 24. Please e-mail editor@teddybearreview.com for a photo identification form.

Also, feel free to pass this on to any of your friends who might be interested!

Note: One-of-a-kind and limited-edition creations must be available for purchase and not already sold out.

Bear hugs!
Jessica
bear_grin

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

do you know if it has to be completely felted or partly is ok?

hugs susan

Iola, WI

Hi Susan!

I'm going to go with the Golden Teddy Award rules on this one and say at least 80 percent needs to be needle-felted. Thanks!

Jessica

Iola, WI

On second thought, based on the number of inquiries I've received from people who make partially needle-felted animals and bears, I am going to change the requirement to say the bear or animal must have an obvious portion that is needle-felted. This could include the face, tummy of a sitting bear, paws, etc.

Since this isn't a competition or contest, I'd like to give as many people a chance to be included as possible. Thanks!  bear_original

Jessica

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

When is says must be for sale & not sold out.  Do commissions count?  I do all my dragons & animals by custom order, so nothing really sold out, just not made in advance.  If that makes any sense LOL

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I wish we'd had MUCH more lead time for this magazine article than 14 days...

For those who understand the nature of Needle Felting, it usually takes the average of at least a week to produce a good quality needled piece, and that's if you already have the concept worked out and all of the materals on hand.
Add more time to that if there are accessories to make, materials to purchase—with shipping time (too few of us yet have local suppliers), etc...etc...

Could you please give us a larger lead time the next time you have a feature like this planned? Perhaps a month or 2? I'm sure that your feature deadlines are worked out months in advance.
Artists must meet other obligations and deadlines planned farther away than 2 weeks and Life with its emergencies get in the way - - I'm sure I'm not the only one is needling as quickly as possible but who just might not meet the deadline.

Board footer