Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

lemon wolf bear 1 Lemon Wolf Bears
Northern MN.
Website

I got a message from one of my collectors today, and its funny as I was just thinking the same thing.....

[Hi Susan - how come there is soooo much bear "stuff" under artist bears? Lots of them are not artist bears. Where should I be looking if not "artist bears".
Hugs,]

......lots aren't even bears, they are wings, patterns, manufactured items, you name it, it's there! One time I listed a bear and within an hour it was on page two as someone listed 10 sets of wings!! We all know page one is important. I told her I guess it takes lots of people complaining about people adding target words to get in sections they don't belong.

Any ideas how to help all of us whom use Ebay??? Hugs, Susan. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I agree...it's full of CHARLIE Bears...which are not OOAK bears..and all sorts of other rubbish. I haven't got a problem with Charlie bears and such...but whatever way you dish them up they are not one of a kind!

sandra p skye rose bears
kent
Website

hi susan,its very annoying isnt it,you have to trawl through pages of stuff that really shouldnt be there,and should be in the manufactured bears or bear supplies section,be good if they gave us a section such as ; artist bears,handmade only or artist made only bear_grin
sandra x

Northern MN.
Website

Well what even adds insult to injury is one time my listing was taken off and I got ahold of Ebay to find out why....get this, it was because there was no wolf or lemon for sale in my listing so it was considered improper use of target words!!!!!!!!!!!   I couldn't believe it, that is my trade name, everyone uses their company name, the reason I was singled out....someone, I am sure a jealous person, reported it!!! So I guess if we start reporting these listings maybe that will help! Hugs, Susan. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Well, I guess you have to add a lemon to each of your listings now...sometimes you have to wonder about the people in charge there!

Northern MN.
Website

It's funny you say that....for awhile I did add a lemon and wolf necklace, then I thought..... this is soooo stupid! So I stopped! I guess they figured out everyone has their name in their title!  funny Hugs, Susan. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

This is nothing compared to what will happen March 30th. I don't know how much you know about ebay stores but, basically, many sellers park as much as a 1000 items in a shop and since these listings are so cheap they tend to leave them there. Come March 30th all these items will be dumped in the Fixed Price category and show up on the core pages, essentially, this will flood all the categories  :wacko:. Right now many shop owners are trying to clean out their stores since there will be a higher charge on pieces on this date. But this flood is nothing compared to what is to come!
Karen

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

It is a pain... you find this problem in most of the catagories.  I do a lot of searches on ebay and have to filter it by what I don't want showing up.  For example, if I'm looking for a coat in the section it is supposed to be in, which really should just be coats, I have to add "-hat -pin -bag -purse"  etc.  Then when I have everything I don't want filtered out, I save the search so I don't have to do it all over again.  It takes more time initially, but saves time in the end.  I just quickly tried it in the artist bears section and typing "-new -kit -pattern -wings" into the search took it from 612 to 547 items.  It's not the greatest solution, but I can't see ebay finding a way to fix this any time soon.

That's awful that they took your bear off... I'm glad to see it back.  Did that happen to you before?  I have a vague recollection of reading something about that here on Teddy Talk a long time ago.  They always allow brand names, you think they would take a better look at your auction before canceling it!

Northern MN.
Website

Hi Melisa, They didn't take this one off....that was awhile ago. I sure do not envy their jobs, but since they are making sooooooo much money maybe they should get more help! Hugs, Susan. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Isn't that funny... I read your post wrong about the listing.  Chalk it up to sleep deprivation...  my children are getting over a cold and I'm exhausted! 

I agree... they should get more help!

Board footer