Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

teddyretirementhome Woo Bears
toronto

waiting-for-mum-to-come-home.jpgYour bears or others in your hug - do you carry them around and cuddle them sometimes? Are there a couple waiting for a hug in your bedroom, despite partners, etc.?

Am I going through my second childhood? bear_original I do find my favourite bears to be a real comfort when times are bad... and when I'm out and about, I'll sometimes have a little bear hiding in my purse, hitching a ride to see the sights - just knowing he's there helps me feel less shy!

Brenda
teddyretirementhome

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi Brenda, I do snuggle up with a particular bear that I keep on my bed when hubby is working night shift.  This bear has also been a comfort to me over the past few days as I am not feeling too good and he is always there waiting for me when I need to lie down!   bear_grin

Hugs Ali

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Brenda,

If you are going through your second childhood, then so am I.  bear_smile   And, honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way.
I don't think I would be able to sleep without a teddy near by; when I'm having dinner a teddy always joins me at the table; when I'm working in the garden, a teddy is there to tell me what I'm doing wrong ( bear_laugh ); when I relax in the evening in front of the TV or reading a book, several teddies are by my side (or even on my lap).

So if you are crazy for wanting a teddy bear by your side, I'm definitely ready for the madhouse !   :crackup:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Of course, doesn't everybody  bear_whistle

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

I am wondering why we would have teddy bears if not to cuddle them? I never go anywhere overnight without Teddyadam and I must confess that he sleeps in my bed as well.  bear_flower  bear_wub

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Oh yes, and Beatrix, who I acquired recently and who is sharing my sewing beanbag gives great hugs and has been getting lots recentky as I've not been well

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

bear_original  Isn't that what Teddies are for?  I even have one I sleep with...yes hubby doesn't mind!  He is a large teddy and he helps to align my spine so I can sleep (some).

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I don't cuddle or sleep with the teddies in my hug.  But as I am working on a teddy (and I am always working) I cuddle it.  As soon as it is jointed even before stuffing the cuddling begins.
Joanne

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

I try not to cuddle my cats and kittens because I want them to become attached to their new person. I do tell them that they are going to a home where they'll be loved. (OK, I'm weird. But I'm sure I'm not alone bear_rolleyes ) I never have many in the studio at one time but the cats I have all are able to watch what is going on around them  bear_happy Downside is that sometimes I catch them out of the corner of my eye and forget that they are not real, a little startling!

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I have some I use for display at the holidays that are so accessorized you can't really hug or cuddle them. They are quite beautiful though.
Then I have those that are cuddlers and 2 Herbie my dog owns.
Yes he has 2. One made by Sharie Reetz (a cat) and a little Anime bear by Cathy Forcino that are his and his alone. However you would never guess by looking at them they belong to a dog. They are not chewed up nor do they have any pieces missing. As soon as I took them out of their shipping box he claimed them for his own. Even though I tried to take them from him he sought them out and took them back. He keeps them tucked away in his blanket there to cuddled with as he wants. And I can assure you they are cuddled, loved and kissed (licked) everyday. :)
As a "Self Proclaimed" collector with several hundred bears in my collection these are the only 2 he has insisted on owning.
People often ask me with a look on their face like I must be crazy, why I would let my dog have an artist bear that I paid A Lot of $$$ money for.
My answer,
Because Herbie WANTED THEM!!!!!!  bear_grin
I can't think of a better owner for a bear than Herbie.  bear_wub

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

How wonderful! Cyndee you've totally warmed my heart - you must have such a special bond with Herbie , and he must be a very special
(and discerning) dog too! Although it's an unusual idea to start with I think it's great ..... bears can't help but inspire love and devotion in everyone!
My own 2 little dogs never chew at anything either  bear_original

Back to the question; I often check that my bears look "happy" - and if I think they don't I immediately have to pick them up , stroke them,
hug them and re-arrange them so they are "smiling" again. I've done that ever since I was a little girl  bear_happy  I used to agonise over which ones to take away
on holiday - then I would re-group those left so they would be comforted by each other and not sad I left them !!
I always affectionately stroke my miniatures' fur too , and re-pose them  bear_smile

Mini beary Hugs , Ruth

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

If the bear is big enough and is a favorite, it will get a hug.  bear_ermm Yes, it's true. bear_cool  I just went through a box of bears I have collected over the years. (I don't have display spaces right now, so they're happily enjoying each others' company in the box.) There were two large bears (~18 inches) I just had to rescue, one by Corla Cubillas of the Dancing Needle and the other, Tyler, by Denise Purrington of Out of the Forest Bears. I had to hug them; they are just the right size and shape. And terribly cute. bear_smile

~Debora

Karon Posts: 751

I tend to do the same as Joanne - my bears get the cuddles whilst I am working on them.  Sometimes when if I feel down I might pick up a bear for a cuddle and I nearly ALWAYS take a bear for an airing if I am going to a bear shop.  They are are good talking point as much as anything else.

I do love getting out my mohair stash and stroking it - does this count!!

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Hmm, I am just finishing 3 kittens. I very seldom have 3 pieces at one time and I noticed what I do when I get toward the end of the design process. I look them in the eyes and they look back at me. It's the expression I get back that means the most to me; is this kitten happy, is he nervous, is he/she serious or silly? I guess that's what I look for in a character more than the hug. Maybe, I'll put a photo of the 3 here later and see if anyone sees what I see  bear_whistle
Karen
P.S. One is serious, one is contemplative, and one looks surprised and shy.

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

I'm afraid that my small collection of bears that found me doesn't get a lot of cuddles - occasionally, when I'm feeling blue they do.  On the other hand, my creations get lots of cuddles.  I love each one of them and they get cuddles as I make them and while they stay with me.  Each one gets a special cuddle when they leave - it's hard to let go!  My newest little one, Takla, who's on ebay right now, is sitting near my desk and is getting a lot of cuddles.   bear_original

Board footer