Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

My son had a serious motorcycle accident and is in a coma with serious skull fracture and bleeding on the brain.  Prayers requested!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, goodness, Lenora - I'm so sorry.  My best wishes for his full recovery . . . please keep us updated when you can.  Big hugs.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
God be with you and your son.  :pray:

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Lenora,

I'm sorry to hear about your son's accident. Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts for a full recovery.  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs,

Us Bears Pennsylvania

All Bears facing west-southwest.  Antennas tuned for maximum gain.  Transmitters on full power.  Signal meter reading full strength.  You should be receiving 1,000 Bear vibes at any moment!

I don't know how serious his injuries are but think of a coma as the brain's way of protecting itself in time of crisis.  It basically shuts down in order to save resources while it tries to repair itself.

If your computer crashes you have to shut it down and reboot it in order to get it running again.  Right?
Well, this is your son's brain's way of rebooting itself after a crash.  (Both in the literal and figurative sense.  :lol:)

I know it's not an easy thing to do right now but just try to stay calm.  We need to wait and see if his brain can come back on-line by itself.  The brain has an amazing ability to heal itself.  If it didn't mankind would not have been able to survive all those thousands of years in the past.

All our fingers and toes and paws are crossed for you.

And, don't forget to put a Bear in your son's room so that he can receive all the Bear Power and relay it on to your son!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

So sorry to hear that, sending hugs and prayers your way  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

NancyL123 Nancy's Menagerie
New York

I am sending prayers your way, Lenora. I feel for you and your family. Yes, as Us Bears mentioned, make sure you put his bear in the room with him. When he comes out of his coma (and he will), he will want to see him sitting there waiting for him.

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Love and Power to you and all your family - all my prayers in this hard time will include you and all my friends suffering   :hug:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oh no, how dreadful, hope he recovers quickly  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Pauline

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Sending lots of love and special wishes to your son for a good recovery.  It must be so frightening for you all.

puca bears puca bears

Ohhhhhh how terrible..........
sending lots of positive thoughts and  hugs your way..........and wishes for a speedy recovery for your son
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Maria

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I will keep you and your son in my prayers.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Dear Lenora,

What an awful thing to happen to your son.  bear_cry   
We are all praying for him and sending you and your family all our positive thoughts: hopefully he will soon come out of the coma !  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Big bear Hugs,   :hug:

Peter & the bears

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh my goodness Lenora, I am so sorry to hear your sad and scary news. I hope and pray that your son make a full recovery.
I'll keep your son and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

As a fellow rider, your son is my thoughts and prayers......All these good bear vibes are sure to help, I will get other good biker vibes heading his way also........................

Ellen

Missouri
Website

Thank you all so much for your prayers...
There is no change so far.  The doctors say it is going to be a long haul.  He was moving his left hand last night.  They just keep telling us it will be a long long recovery...he will have to be trained to speak, walk, talk, feed himself.  I am just so scared but I know God is able and I am trusting in Him.  I know my son is in His hands.

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Sending Prayers for both your son and for you in this difficult time.

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Oh Lenora, I am so very very sorry to hear the news of your son.  I came over all cold when I read your posting, as with bikers in my family it is always one of my worries.  But as
US Bears said, the coma is nature's way of dealing with the crisis and starting the healing process.  Wonderful outcomes have stemmed from something that looks very bleak at the beginning, so I am sending your son and all your family all my positive vibes for your own wonderful outcome.  Thinking of you all.

Hugs

Marilyn

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Oh, Lenora, I am so sorry for the troubles in your life, coming from a family that has kids with motorcycles, I can understand.  I worry about my kids when they get on theirs.  I am sending long and thoughful prayers to your son for his recovery to be quick and painless.  How old is he? again, all of us here at TT will be sending along a lot of prayers to you and your family and most of all your son.
Keep us posted.  :hug:  :pray:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Lenora I am SO sorry!!!!  Keep talking to him while he's in the coma.  Sometimes they DO hear you!!  My neighbor across the street did when he was in a coma.  Many healing thoughts your way  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Missouri
Website

Thank you all...
Yes, his wife and I talk to him all the time.  We tell him that we love him and that he just needs to rest and get well so he can come home!
We know he is in God's hands...

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I'm lifting you and your family up in prayer Lenora.  May God's grace and mercy carry and uphold you all through your son's recovery.  What a scary time this must be.   I have a son who races motorcyles and I worry about such things .

Karon Posts: 751

Oh Lenora, I am so sorry to hear of the accident your son has had.  Sending my positives vibes along with all the others.

:hug:

Karon

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Lenora: How awful for you and your son. Many prayers coming your way. Keep us posted.  :pray:  :hug:

Us Bears Pennsylvania

I don't know the circumstances of the accident so I hesitate to bring it up but you should probably think about calling a lawyer as soon as possible.

I had an accident last fall.  I wasn't hurt nearly as badly as your son but I did have a concussion and several small fractures of the skull and vertebrae.  The insurance companies all acted very nicely at first but, even though the accident was not my fault, (I was hit by a car while riding a bicycle) they soon started sending me letters trying to say it was my fault.  The case was pretty clear-cut but they continued to play games until I had finally had enough and lawyered-up.

I made it very clear from the beginning that I only wanted fair treatment.  They all smiles and made "nice" at first but it wasn't long before they turned into a bunch of snakes.  Regardless of fault, you will need to have an advocate on your side who knows the law.

And, if there is somebody else who is at fault, don't be afraid to ask for monetary compensation.  This is not about suing people for "all they are worth."  The main goal here is to make sure that you have enough money on hand to deal with any future expenses you might incur because of his injuries.

My lawyer put it to me this way:  "You're all healed now but what if you have medical problems 5 years from now because of the injuries you received in the accident?  Who is going to pay those costs?  You need to put some money in the bank, today, to pay for any expenses you might have tomorrow."

Many lawyers charge on a contingent fee basis.  You won't have to pay any money up front.  If they do recover money from your case, they simply take a percentage of the proceeds as their fee.  Just look in the phone book for a lawyer who specializes in motorcycle/bicycle accident claims.

Remember, this is not about suing somebody's a$$ off.  This is about making sure you have an advocate.

I am glad to hear he is moving his hand.  Hopefully that means he is starting to recover.
Doctors are always so conservative in their diagnoses.  They always make things out to sound so much worse than they actually turn out to be.  It's good to be conservative but it's not very comforting.  Is it?

Just hang in there!  Bear vibes are at full power.
We're all pulling for you!

Pages:

Board footer